[Recap] Online OEF: OnePlus 8 Series' Camera

1. Dhiman_Banerjee
    Eclair Jun 3, 2020

2. Crystal Z.
    Global Community <3 Staff Member Jun 3, 2020

Crystal Z. , Jun 3, 2020 :
    I hope we had one as well, we have few video clips for the first OEF, but can't not share the commitments publicly, hence we're not sure whether that can make a video.

3. otto2
    Photography Expert Jun 3, 2020

otto2 , Jun 3, 2020 :
    Yes, indeed.
    @Crystal Z. : Can we show all Pictures together with the names of the participants? We could add our stories in the comments, so community can see and read about our ideas why and how we re shooting or pictures? The time was short and it would be nice to remember the other participants and their pictures better.

@Nupur_Tandon @Areyouanand @HarshavardhanRau @Hooolm @Sionic @devil112 @wissou @Black Forest Ham @Ironspartan11 @JustASoftwareEngineer @DavidZisky @kushagra77 @Deepakjr. @Goldeneyes78 @kaize5041 @Andre' Quelhas @S1588319972256 @O1581903967939 @nmatheis @jglassenberg What do you think about this? ( Since we were divided in two groups, we also weren t able to view the other group members pictures and stories at all )

4. devil112
    Honeycomb Jun 3, 2020

Bouncer71, Starcommander and otto2 like this.
  5. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer; Community Hero 2020 Jun 3, 2020

YRJ , Jun 3, 2020 :
    Hey @Crystal Z. ,

Thanks for the recap, and congratulations on yet another successful OEF! However, I feel left out and I believe many are of the same opinion as this OEF was dedicated to a device that isn't available globally, yet. I hope you will work on more inclusive topics that appeal to a wider audience.

That said, I do like the online approach which are allowing for people from all over the globe to participate. More power to you, keep up the good work 💪
    Maybe product can be a focus for the future? Just a suggestion ;)

6. devil112
    Honeycomb Jun 3, 2020

devil112 , via OnePlus 6 , Jun 3, 2020 :
    yuppp @otto2 it would be great

7. kaize504
    Donut Jun 3, 2020

kaize504 , via OnePlus 8 , Jun 3, 2020 :
    I also agree on this!

Bouncer71 and otto2 like this.
  8. P1546148098748
    Cupcake Jun 3, 2020

9. Goldeneyes78
    Eclair Jun 3, 2020

Goldeneyes78 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jun 3, 2020 :
    I found it great idea, I don't mind at all [e]1f44d[/e]

otto2 likes this.
  10. OverDrive H.
    Camera PM Staff Member Jun 3, 2020

OverDrive H. , Jun 3, 2020 :
    Hello! Sorry for the inconvenience:

For point 1 we need details about the scenarios. A screen record file is welcomed. so that we can know the lighting was, the lens used, the distance etc.

For point 2, we need UNCOMPRESSED images for both lenses to analyze. Due to Different HW and FoV, the matching would not be perfect.

For point 3, Sorry that we have no plan to enable digital zoom feature as a normal user expect more clear result after zoom in while it is actually a degradation. But I can personally recommend you use 3rd camera apps like hedge camera 2.

For point 4, Do you mean it is laggy or? like, the duration of the blur screen is too long?

Last edited: Jun 6, 2020

11. luxuskamel
    Marshmallow Jun 3, 2020

luxuskamel , Jun 3, 2020 :
    Thanks for your answer.

I noticed that with objects close (<1m) to the camera, I'll try to grab a screen cast.

The problem could be caused by a different white balance - which you'll be working on. I hope that gets it fixed

I still can't really understand it... It's a feature that every phone has. Every single phone. We all know that with zoom comes degradation, we are aware. But we don't want to miss it.
    Do you want people to prefer the OnePlus camera over Gcam? If so don't remove features. If not why can't you ship the phones directly with Gcam?

With "modes" I meant to say video resolution because it requires us to go to settings. With 4k 60fps there is no option to use ultra wide and to switch to 30fps we have to go everytime into settings. Same with switching in slow motion between 240fps and 480fps

Also have you thought about using the ultra wide lens for panorama pictures? It would at least add a bit more to the top and bottom of the resulting picture.

13. ItsRavi25
    Jelly Bean Jun 3, 2020

14. JustASoftwareEngineer
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 3, 2020

otto2, Bouncer71 and devil112 like this.
  15. Mustasim
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 3, 2020

Dhiman_Banerjee likes this.
  16. Nainpatel
    Donut Jun 4, 2020

17. Bouncer71
    OnePlus 7 Pro Sample Shot Photographer Community Expert Jun 4, 2020

Bouncer71 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jun 4, 2020 :
    Heya @Crystal Z. :)

Thanks for the recap..!
    Finally found the time to read...

Definitely with you on this @cdnfarmer and @otto2..
    Pro Mode could be so much better.. I have used a lot of different camera app but from the usability point of view the OnePlus Camera app is my absolute favorite.. Just lacks functionality...
    Which btw. could be activated or hidden in camera settings for example...!)

Though I don't really do selfies but I can't understand it either...
    Or is digital Zoom also unavailability on the other sensors..??

I tried stitching some Ultrawide photos on the OP7Pro..
    Even with lens correction turned on, the lens distortion makes it hard to get an panorama without ghosting in most situations...

18. luxuskamel
    Marshmallow Jun 4, 2020

luxuskamel , Jun 4, 2020 :
    Digital zoom is available up to 10x on the main camera. Quality looks bad but I'm really glad they have it

19. Bouncer71
    OnePlus 7 Pro Sample Shot Photographer Community Expert Jun 4, 2020

Bouncer71 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jun 4, 2020 :
    Thought so... ;)

luxuskamel, otto2 and Batman360 like this.
  20. narceoneplus2
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 4, 2020