[Recap] Online OEF: OnePlus 8 Series' Camera

1. otto2
    Photography Expert Aug 3, 2020

otto2 , Aug 3, 2020 :
    You re shooting against bright light source- worst photographer s failure! And there s no optical "Zoom" - it s just a digital one ,so zooming in will give bad results at all.
    Short said.

Never (!!!) shoot against bright light.

Instead of using a digital zoom it s better to shoot the picture and crop it later with YaImco or another app.

Next time read existing threads and tutorials first, since your question was answered many times before.

ellle likes this.

2. abrar.hossain , via OnePlus 8 Glacial Green , Aug 3, 2020 :
    Sir, justify your tutorial . 3 pictures taken via Camera app , Instagram app , Snapchat app . I am not against the light anymore. Which one shall I post? I have been using OnePlus since along time . I was disappointed to see the front camera , your comment made me more disappointed .
    1596447242353.jpg

1596447242459.jpg

1596447242489.jpg

3. otto2
    Photography Expert Aug 3, 2020

otto2 , Aug 3, 2020 :
    I won t post any of this pictures since they re all framed badly- your face is cut off on each picture. Shooting selfie pictures from down to upper level is also a bad idea- it makes faces looking fat. You made it right- no bright light sources behind you are disturbing, but now it would be a good idea, to move the camera and yourself, maybe also use a decent light source, so there is no shadow in your face- right now we can see shadows in your face, which are also disturbing- this time they re disturbing the viewer, not the camera hard or software.

Shooting pictures is not just point and shoot- device manufacturers want to tell us so, but that s simply not true.

It s not that easy, no matter what marketing blah will tell us.

They all try to code some "Clever" software, but the most important will always be the photographer- his skill and his creativity cannot be replaced by any device.
    never
    When we look at skilled photographers, the rarely use the selfie cam, the just ask someone nearby to shoot a picture with main sensor or even telephoto sensor- depends of the look they want to achive.

Hint:
    Your uploaded pictures are compressed too much, just around 125 kBytes instead of the allowed 2 MB/ picture. I assume, you ve uploaded them with this shitty "Community app"- better you use YaImCo by @hennes for compressing and upload your pictures here with a browser. ;)

4. abrar.hossain , via OnePlus 8 Glacial Green , Aug 3, 2020 :
    I know I have but just assume everything you said are right. But i took pictures and I also uploaded . I used OnePlus 5t . I pointed and shot . The purple picture is against the light thta you complained of , doesn't look too bad to me . And the other picture is at 4 in the morning .
    1596450780841.jpg

1596450780865.jpg

5. Addy 96
    Cupcake Aug 7, 2020

J1567730820994 likes this.

6. H1538195412813
    Cupcake Aug 27, 2020

7. J1595414776422
    Cupcake Aug 28, 2020

8. michelin
    Honeycomb Sep 5, 2020

9. otto2
    Photography Expert Sep 8, 2020

otto2 , Sep 8, 2020 :
    Setup? Depends on the scene. If automode is not Good enough, you should use pro Mode. How to shoot in Pro Mode? Go to Photograph section and Start to read the tutorials. There are no "every picture perfect" settings. And there will never be.

iTarifP6 likes this.
  10. iTarifP6 , via OnePlus 8 Glacial Green , Sep 8, 2020 :
    Thank you so much 🥰

otto2 likes this.