[RECAP] Online Open Ears Forum: Gaming

1. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Sep 30, 2020

dsmonteiro , Sep 30, 2020 :
    Hey everyone,

September has been a busy month for us. For the first time, we held more than an OEF in a single month, and we went all-out. Four events with four very distinct topics – Audio & Accessories, OyxgenOS and Multitasking, OnePlus Support, and last but not least Gaming, the event I want to tell you all about.

LY1E0835.JPG

Earlier this week, we invited some of our users that share our passion for mobile gaming to have an open discussion on some of the exciting gaming-related features we have in the pipeline, while also picking their brains for ideas we haven't considered yet.

Thanks to Sonali Gautam, @Iamhasannaqvi, @nikhil, @aduuchoudhary, @Kshvgarg, @mokaeswar, @VivekMalipatel, @himanshumaurya, @derLenno, @Q1598624006986, @user_01001, @KeBlam, @Amrish572, @rafaaclemente, @Texasaggie1, @Shaju George, @VeDxnTa and @KaustubhS1994 we had two intense forum sessions, with invaluable input that will help us tweak our upcoming features to better meet your needs.

LY1E1001.JPG

gamingoef.jpg

As with many of our Open Ears Forums, we discussed things that we're not quite ready to talk about, as some of the features shown are still under active development or even in ideation stages, but we still want to share a few of the commitments that came out of this event:
    • Add additional IM apps to quick reply gaming tool feature
    • Bring FPS rate and other stats to Game Space while gaming
    • Work to bring high-refresh rate and haptic feedback to other community-favorite games
    • We've also received multiple ideas from the attendees that, while interesting, we need to better assess the feasibility and relevance to all users

Some of the attendees also shared a few bugs they've encountered while using Game Space. We've already forwarded that feedback to our software and hardware teams for further research. If you have encountered bugs, remember you can use the Feedback tool to report them. You can check here for more info.) And for those of you that didn't attend the OEF but still have gaming related ideas to share, don't forget that our co-creation campaign – IDEAS 2.0 – is back, so join now.

LY1E0974.JPG

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2020

2. Karun Deep
    Jelly Bean Sep 30, 2020

3. Starcommander
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Sep 30, 2020

Starcommander , Sep 30, 2020 :
    Amazing 😍😍😍 I couldn't apply due to placement activities but hope to attend more such OEF in future.

4. kanchansill12121
    Gingerbread Sep 30, 2020

5. Starcommander

6. itsraveendran
    Honeycomb Sep 30, 2020

7. Some_Random_Username
    Community Bug Hunter Sep 30, 2020

Some_Random_Username , Sep 30, 2020 :
    I'm curious to know which other stats, since battery level and device temperature are already displayed according to GameSpace drawables files.
    [​IMG]

8. Ashwardhan.
    Eclair Sep 30, 2020

Ashwardhan. , via OnePlus Nord , Sep 30, 2020 :
    Really eagerly waiting for OS11.. who else waiting along with me...??🙋🏻‍♂️🙋🏻‍♂️
    And increase the gaming clarity of pubg in Nord model...!! Waiting for that...

9. Karun Deep
    Jelly Bean Sep 30, 2020

10. dsmonteiro

That's not on stable release, is it? No spoilers! ;)

11. Starcommander

Starcommander , Sep 30, 2020 :
    Only legends get to see him in real life... He is too busy testing his OnePlus 10:p

12. Some_Random_Username

Indeed, only on Open Beta for now but personally I would have written "Bring FPS rate to Game Space while gaming, battery level and device temperature are currently available in Open Beta should you wish to try them".

Optimus_Prime_07 and Batman360 like this.
  13. Siddhantkumarp
    Eclair Sep 30, 2020

14. iamsiddhesh18
    Cupcake Sep 30, 2020

15. selvamthenarasu8
    Gingerbread Sep 30, 2020

Optimus_Prime_07 likes this.
  16. Batman360

Batman360 , Sep 30, 2020 :
    Nice to see you @Texasaggie1 and @KeBlam 🔥🔥🔥 And congratulations to all the attendees too🔥
    To be honest, gamespace feature could go to heights if some more usable features are added to it like in other Game centric smartphones.

17. kanchansill12121
    Gingerbread Sep 30, 2020

kanchansill12121 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Sep 30, 2020 :
    Pubg was officially band in india

Optimus_Prime_07 likes this.
  18. dsmonteiro

Based on the internal notes I have access, there may be additional stats being shown. I will double-check with the team. If that's not the case, your version seems more fitting and I'll gladly use it (with your permission ;)).

Kshvgarg and Optimus_Prime_07 like this.
  20. Some_Random_Username

Sure thing :p

Optimus_Prime_07 and dsmonteiro like this.