[Recap] Open Ears Forum: Camera - Amsterdam 2019

1. Nigel Rijkhoek
    Staff Staff Member Jul 25, 2019

Nigel Rijkhoek , Jul 25, 2019 :
    Hi everyone,

It was a pleasure to us to host our first Open Ears Forum on Camera in Amsterdam last Saturday. Our fourth Open Ears Forum in Europe was a huge success and I want to thank everyone who shared their thoughts, both in person and online. It is very important for us to meet with our Community and exchange opinions and thoughts on the future of our products. By having face-to-face conversations like these, we can really understand what our users want and develop an even better user experience.

thumbnail_LL103817.jpg

So, what happened in Amsterdam?

We welcomed 25 attendees at the iconic A’DAM tower and divided them into four discussion groups. Each group was paired with two members of the OnePlus team. The day started with a masterclass in photography by our dear friend, Giacomo Mantovani (aka @EVIX). After that it was time to start the discussion, led by @Chris dB and @Jimmy Z. , who covered the first topic; the camera on the OnePlus 7 Pro. It was great to hear so much positive feedback about the improvements we had made. But of course, it’s the suggestions for improvements which are most valuable to us. Finally, every group had to present their ideas and thoughts on the OnePlus 7 Pro triple camera.

After a delicious lunch, it was time for Crayon to gather feedback on a few exciting software prototypes he and his team had been working on for OxygenOS. We can’t tell you much about these yet, but what we can say is that we were all were eager to get our hands on the new software features!

To wrap up the Open Ears Forum, our resident Doctor, Zeng Xi took to the stage to talk about the design of our product lines. Overall, Open Ears Forum in Amsterdam provided enormous value in terms of user suggestions and feedback. And here are our commitment points for 2020 from this edition of Open Ears Forum.

Camera
    1. Have more customization options for those who have different preferences
    2. Enhance video ability
    3. Make feature/settings easier to find
    4. Fix the red tone issue in video
    Software Design
    1. Easy: The intuitive interface will help users to take pic easily.
    2. Fast: How to help users catch the moment right away, and share with others.
    3. Quality: Taking better quality of photos.

After an intense day of sharing and collaborating, there was no better way to celebrate than a beautiful sunset cruise through the canals of Amsterdam.

mmexport1563960272957.jpg

We would like to thank you all for coming to our event and sharing your valuable feedback with us. Finally, I would like to thank the OnePlus team who helped secure a Fast & Smooth experience for our community.

Check out the video below for a quick recap!

See you next time!

PS. Don't forget to check out all the pictures that our dedicated participants took during the weekend!

2. Mr West
    The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer Jul 28, 2019

Stickied Post
    Mr West , Jul 28, 2019 :
    For anyone interested, this is an unofficial video I put together for the Community with a selection of photos and videos from the weekend

3. YRJ
    Marshmallow Jul 25, 2019

Last edited: Jul 25, 2019

Bouncer71, Dunnow, woSch and 8 others like this.
  4. manuel19
    KitKat Jul 25, 2019

manuel19 , Jul 25, 2019 :
    Amazing experience with fantastic people! Thank you for the post and the cool video! Looking forward to try these changes as soon as possible!:D :)

Also thank you for the great organization of the event, it was really cool meeting you all in person! :)

superplus, obol2, woSch and 8 others like this.
  5. O1559819148993
    Donut Jul 25, 2019

6. __aa_vi__
    Gingerbread Jul 25, 2019

__aa_vi__ , Jul 25, 2019 :
    I hope this meetup bring so many new experience to the oxygen os and camera quality will reach at superior

otto2 likes this.
  7. script
    Nougat Moderator Jul 25, 2019

script , Jul 25, 2019 :
    I was there and I must say, it was the best organized OnePlus event I have ever been to. Thank you so much Nigel, Wesley, the whole OnePlus team, Giacomo and Pym, and the old friends woSch Otto and Dunnow, Manuel, Leandro, and some new friends from Wales or Germany, Finland and Serbia. We had really a good day full of interesting talks and discussions. And we saw Jimmy with a new OnePlus prototype, which was xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (oops, not allowed to talk about).

I'm sure, many of our ideas will be part of the coming updates, so this meeting was really a success for OnePlus, and for us, the community. Win win.

And I don't forget to mention the window shopping.

All the best, Script

Ps.

Please have a look at this thread.

Camera Meeting - my two main wishes

RonaldM, woSch, buntycubal and 13 others like this.
  8. YRJ
    Marshmallow Jul 25, 2019

YRJ , Jul 25, 2019 :
    It was completely about the camera!
    Unless hardware dependent all supported devices will be updated under the maintenance schedule.

9. suhantm
    Honeycomb Jul 25, 2019

suhantm , Jul 25, 2019 :
    No hints? [e]1f440[/e]

10. script

script , Jul 25, 2019 :
    It was not a technical device ;-)

woSch, Bouncer71, luxuskamel and 5 others like this.
  11. suhantm
    Honeycomb Jul 25, 2019

suhantm , Jul 25, 2019 :
    Let the speculation begin!

woSch, Bouncer71, otto2 and 1 other person like this.
  12. ProsaicGiant
    Froyo Jul 25, 2019

ProsaicGiant , Jul 25, 2019 :
    But what About the OnePlus 7.... everyone's talking bout the pro....i mean like come on have you forgotten the OnePlus 7??

13. suhantm
    Honeycomb Jul 25, 2019

suhantm , Jul 25, 2019 :
    It's Jimmy so it has to be something camera related, lenses are one thing that comes to mind.

otto2 likes this.
  14. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Jul 25, 2019

woSch, manuel19, Bouncer71 and 3 others like this.
  15. otto2
    Lollipop Jul 25, 2019

otto2 , Jul 25, 2019 :
    The main sensor of OP7 is same, so what? If you d check history ,you would see that camera enhancements made their way even to older devices, if hardware support was given. So just wait and see what happens. i think more than 90 % of asked improvements at hamburg camera Event were implemented in newest Devices, so i m pretty optimistic that we ll get some nice changes in the next year. ( Don await fast changes, since developement needs it s time. )

16. jlasensiofi
    KitKat Jul 25, 2019

jlasensiofi , Jul 25, 2019 :
    Thank you very much for the information, Nigel. It has had to be very exciting [e]1f44d[/e]

17. otto2
    Lollipop Jul 25, 2019

otto2 , Jul 25, 2019 :
    Read the text again, but more carefully this time.

18. YRJ
    Marshmallow Jul 25, 2019

YRJ , Jul 25, 2019 :
    I couldn't ask for more! :tearsofjoy:

woSch, script, manuel19 and 2 others like this.
  19. script

script , Jul 25, 2019 :
    Second hint: it is something that, when you use it, you may not see. Because its on your back

20. G_Kasi_Viswanathan_Palan
    Cupcake Jul 25, 2019

Saliou likes this.
  21. luxuskamel
    Lollipop Jul 25, 2019

Pym C., woSch, Jess T. and 5 others like this.