Then, don't update your device in case you get it for your device.
"In case" - see you too are doubtful about it.
I don't know which OnePlus device you're using right now. That was the only reason to write "In case you receive it for your device"
when we get 8.1 update stable version for 5t.
it's really good to hear that OP team is listening and working on improving 5T camera especially on Oil painting effect. Kudos to OP team!
open ears waiting
Do you know that in the German user forum there are 237.000 entries, where in the US forum there are only 500? Why are US people so ignorant and superficial, only buying iphone, iphone, iphone, where to complete open and better world is not far beyound?
This is awesome. You guys are making Oxygen OS wonderful.
Please don't forgot to give update the order phones.
Where are you getting this statistic?
Edit: I see what you are saying now. But you are mentioning a subforum. I am from the US and I normally use the main forum. So, I would imagine many US people are the same as me.
But posters have been asking for most of those things on this forum since I became a member after I bought my OP3 in June 2016, either OP have spent 2 years ignoring users requests on here and at previous "open ears" get togethers, or are just telling users what they want to hear, with still no real intention of introducing any changes. Can really accept OP weren't already aware of the camera "oil painting" issues before this week?
any updates ?
Underscreen fingerprint is still resulted as weak especially with any kind of screen protector or tempered glass. So, I don't think it will best idea right now untill that is fixed. But there is rumor about underscreen fingerprint to be installed on OnePlus 6T. But still m not so big fan since it faills sometime to recognise fingerprint with screen protector and tempered glass.
Please add adaptive icon shape changing feature seperately on launcher besides icon pack changing feature like it use to be in stock oreo OS.
Great to see continued engagement with the users of your phones.
A couple of points for consideration / suggestions. I will keep these to software given that was the purpose of this latest open ears;
1) A great OS isn't the one with every single feature. Adding more and more features may make the phone feel bloated or ultimately degrade the performance / fluidity of the OS. I get that people will always ask for more features but there does need to be a balance.
2) Consider upstreaming to latest CAF and Linux code. Nathan Chance is doing a great job as an example on providing reference kernel upstreaming (https://forum.xda-developers.com/on...erence-oneplus-5-kernel-source-linux-t3712090). It might be worth considering having a look at his work on Github and looking to get it included in after being reviewed.
3) Consider (if you haven't already), doing an open ears forum specifically with custom ROM / Kernel builders. These are guys who don't just talk about new features but actively go and implement them. I imagine the dynamic in the room would be different with purely Devs there and would lead to a different (higher) level of discussion.
4) Consider changing the format of this Community section. The OnePlus 5 is my first OP device and I did join up when I got it. I however continue to use XDA as this place doesn't have the most user friendly format. I imagine you are loosing out on valueable feedback as enough users decide this isn't the forum for them.
5) Consider a move to EAS for OnePlus 5T and older devices. I know this will be standard with the Snapdragon 845 and kernel 4.9 anyway (is for the OP6) but as the RenderZenith kernel shows, you can get just as good (if not better) battery life whilst getting better smoothness / performance from your kernel so there is no trade off (https://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-5/development/kernel-renderzenith-t3659850).
6) Consider implementing some sort of specific hardware optimisation settings. I use an app called LeanDroid to turn off Bluetooth, WiFi and GPS when my screen is off. I think this would be a really useful option to implement in the OS itself and potentially add the option to turn off NFC when the screen is off too. This also has the benefit of helping security as people can use contactless payments to steal money from you when your phone is in your pocket.
hold on bro they told recenty that they are working on them to implement something for your OnePlus 5/5T but it may or may not happen because they had given open statements regarding the same camera issues in OnePlus3/3T and they are working on "BLOB"level to improve camera performance , despite of having OIS+EIS. capabilities in OnePlus3 /3T cameras they left behind and moved on to new phones release , in case of OnePlus 5 /5t they are lacking OIS ,SO they are restricted to take blur free images while moving a bit , so wait and see whether they atleast keep Thier promise for this time... I don't have hope..
camera is the biggest issue.... even the mi A1 can give a better image then one plus 5t.... i am so glad that i purchased. op5t.
one plus developing software according to customer demand that will never settle than other.....
Sad I wasn't able to make it out to this... oh well, next time...
OnePlus 7 Series: Review and Spread the word
by David Y., 2019-06-13