[Recap] Open Ears Forum: OxygenOS - SFO, USA 2018

1. Shivang Joshi Starting Point Expert Apr 14, 2018

Shivang Joshi, Apr 14, 2018 :
    Then, don't update your device in case you get it for your device.

2. BiswajitB Gingerbread Apr 14, 2018

BiswajitB, Apr 14, 2018 :
    "In case" - see you too are doubtful about it.

3. Shivang Joshi Starting Point Expert Apr 14, 2018

Shivang Joshi, Apr 14, 2018 :
    I don't know which OnePlus device you're using right now. That was the only reason to write "In case you receive it for your device"

Pritam_Dhokale likes this.
  4. Mtmayank Eclair Apr 14, 2018

5. umashankar.jsr Eclair Apr 14, 2018

umashankar.jsr, Apr 14, 2018 :
    it's really good to hear that OP team is listening and working on improving 5T camera especially on Oil painting effect. Kudos to OP team!

keithnyc and the_reckoner like this.
  6. P1520770731857 Honeycomb Apr 14, 2018

7. vicreddevil Cupcake Apr 14, 2018

8. androidForever9864 Honeycomb Apr 14, 2018

androidForever9864, Apr 14, 2018 :
    Do you know that in the German user forum there are 237.000 entries, where in the US forum there are only 500? Why are US people so ignorant and superficial, only buying iphone, iphone, iphone, where to complete open and better world is not far beyound?

9. shadynit Froyo Apr 14, 2018

shadynit, Apr 14, 2018 :
    This is awesome. You guys are making Oxygen OS wonderful.

Please don't forgot to give update the order phones.

H1519548376884 likes this.
  10. Baymax Starting Point Expert Apr 14, 2018

Baymax, Apr 14, 2018 :
    Where are you getting this statistic?

Edit: I see what you are saying now. But you are mentioning a subforum. I am from the US and I normally use the main forum. So, I would imagine many US people are the same as me.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2018

11. Topper_Gas Jelly Bean Apr 14, 2018

Topper_Gas, Apr 14, 2018 :
    But posters have been asking for most of those things on this forum since I became a member after I bought my OP3 in June 2016, either OP have spent 2 years ignoring users requests on here and at previous "open ears" get togethers, or are just telling users what they want to hear, with still no real intention of introducing any changes. Can really accept OP weren't already aware of the camera "oil painting" issues before this week?

12. vicreddevil Cupcake Apr 15, 2018

13. Yashbhan1994 Froyo Apr 15, 2018

Yashbhan1994, Apr 15, 2018 :
    Underscreen fingerprint is still resulted as weak especially with any kind of screen protector or tempered glass. So, I don't think it will best idea right now untill that is fixed. But there is rumor about underscreen fingerprint to be installed on OnePlus 6T. But still m not so big fan since it faills sometime to recognise fingerprint with screen protector and tempered glass.

14. Yashbhan1994 Froyo Apr 15, 2018

Yashbhan1994, Apr 15, 2018 :
    Please add adaptive icon shape changing feature seperately on launcher besides icon pack changing feature like it use to be in stock oreo OS.

15. ravijain87 Gingerbread Apr 15, 2018

ravijain87, Apr 15, 2018 :
    Great to see continued engagement with the users of your phones.

A couple of points for consideration / suggestions. I will keep these to software given that was the purpose of this latest open ears;

1) A great OS isn't the one with every single feature. Adding more and more features may make the phone feel bloated or ultimately degrade the performance / fluidity of the OS. I get that people will always ask for more features but there does need to be a balance.

2) Consider upstreaming to latest CAF and Linux code. Nathan Chance is doing a great job as an example on providing reference kernel upstreaming (https://forum.xda-developers.com/on...erence-oneplus-5-kernel-source-linux-t3712090). It might be worth considering having a look at his work on Github and looking to get it included in after being reviewed.

3) Consider (if you haven't already), doing an open ears forum specifically with custom ROM / Kernel builders. These are guys who don't just talk about new features but actively go and implement them. I imagine the dynamic in the room would be different with purely Devs there and would lead to a different (higher) level of discussion.

4) Consider changing the format of this Community section. The OnePlus 5 is my first OP device and I did join up when I got it. I however continue to use XDA as this place doesn't have the most user friendly format. I imagine you are loosing out on valueable feedback as enough users decide this isn't the forum for them.

5) Consider a move to EAS for OnePlus 5T and older devices. I know this will be standard with the Snapdragon 845 and kernel 4.9 anyway (is for the OP6) but as the RenderZenith kernel shows, you can get just as good (if not better) battery life whilst getting better smoothness / performance from your kernel so there is no trade off (https://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-5/development/kernel-renderzenith-t3659850).

6) Consider implementing some sort of specific hardware optimisation settings. I use an app called LeanDroid to turn off Bluetooth, WiFi and GPS when my screen is off. I think this would be a really useful option to implement in the OS itself and potentially add the option to turn off NFC when the screen is off too. This also has the benefit of helping security as people can use contactless payments to steal money from you when your phone is in your pocket.

Regards,

Ravi

the_reckoner likes this.
  16. chandramoulipolavarapu Honeycomb Apr 15, 2018

chandramoulipolavarapu, Apr 15, 2018 :
    hold on bro they told recenty that they are working on them to implement something for your OnePlus 5/5T but it may or may not happen because they had given open statements regarding the same camera issues in OnePlus3/3T and they are working on "BLOB"level to improve camera performance , despite of having OIS+EIS. capabilities in OnePlus3 /3T cameras they left behind and moved on to new phones release , in case of OnePlus 5 /5t they are lacking OIS ,SO they are restricted to take blur free images while moving a bit , so wait and see whether they atleast keep Thier promise for this time... I don't have hope..

P1520770731857 likes this.
  17. chandramoulipolavarapu Honeycomb Apr 15, 2018

chandramoulipolavarapu, Apr 15, 2018 :
    hold on bro they told recenty that they are working on them to implement something for your OnePlus 5/5T but it may or may not happen because they had given open statements regarding the same camera issues in OnePlus3/3T and they are working on "BLOB"level to improve camera performance , despite of having OIS+EIS. capabilities in OnePlus3 /3T cameras they left behind and moved on to new phones release , in case of OnePlus 5 /5t they are lacking OIS ,SO they are restricted to take blur free images while moving a bit , so wait and see whether they atleast keep Thier promise for this time... I don't have hope..

18. Mtmayank Eclair Apr 15, 2018

Mtmayank, Apr 15, 2018 :
    camera is the biggest issue.... even the mi A1 can give a better image then one plus 5t.... i am so glad that i purchased. op5t.

killerOneplus5t likes this.
  19. rinku2bapi Gingerbread Apr 15, 2018

rinku2bapi, Apr 15, 2018 :
    one plus developing software according to customer demand that will never settle than other.....

killerOneplus5t likes this.
  20. afr0dactyl Gingerbread Apr 16, 2018