Recent/Background App Management Issues | 6T

1. seansandhu
    Froyo Mar 3, 2019

seansandhu , Mar 3, 2019 :
    Folks:

I've upgraded to OP6T from OP5T, and 5T has been an awesome phone with on point background app management functionality.

However, it really bothers me that 6T does not work the same way.

While switching between the apps, I've noticed that 6T reloads the app and doesn't start from where I left off.

I've tried disabling adaptive battery, battery optimizations and even advanced optimizations. But no luck, even if I have to leave an app like Facebook for a minute to let's say send a WhatsApp text, when I go back to Facebook, it would reload the news feed. Same happens with the games as well, the game would go back to the main menu if I leave it for a minute or even less.

Anyone knows a fix to this? thank you.

cheers, sean!

Rafail Panteli likes this.
  2. Rafail Panteli
    Eclair Mar 3, 2019

Rafail Panteli , Mar 3, 2019 :
    I'm facing the same 'issue' even though it doesn't bother me that much there's those times that you want to go back to where you left it and the app refreshes.

But since I didn't try to disable the battery optimizations to get it fixed, all I can suggest you to do is to restart your phone after disabling all the optimizations for the apps you want. Just in case the settings don't take place until the phone reboots. Make sure to let me know if this works or if you find another solution!

3. seansandhu
    Froyo Mar 3, 2019

Have already tried that, Rafail - it didn't work. Infact, I completely wiped my phone as well. It still didn't work.

My brother has OP6 and he faces no such issue on his phone. I guess this is just with OP6T and can be fixed with a OS update but don't know when OP acknowledge this.

4. Rafail Panteli
    Eclair Mar 3, 2019

Rafail Panteli , Mar 3, 2019 :
    Looks like it's just a bug then.

5. seansandhu
    Froyo Mar 3, 2019

Yeah, but a very bad one.