Recommend a member

1. Spazz
    Gingerbread Aug 1, 2014

Spazz , Aug 1, 2014 :
    Dear all,

I was getting tired of all the 'me, me, me, me!' posts. Many members only seem to care for themselves. I thought we might give this a try. I posted this in another thread and was kindly requested to build my own thread, well here it is.

Inspired by this story about balloons, I would like forum members to suggest another forum member who they think deserves an invite. Suggesting yourself is out of the question here! Please also describe why you think this particular member deserves an invite. Suggesting members who have already been suggested is encouraged; they are more likely to be the most deserving.

For instance: I think Sidhar deserves an invite by now. He's been supportive, helping, his posts (over 400 by now) are all positive and over 1 out of 3 of his posts are liked by others. His avatar... well, we can't all be perfect ;).

Hope this works! Spread altruism, not egoism!

Notes:
    1. Please have some form of conversation with the person you are about to send an invitation: maybe he doesn't need it after all.
    2. If you were recommended and have received an invite: please send me a PM so I can get you off the list.
    3. I have been advertising this thread all over the invites part of the forum (some may call this spamming). Please note that I am not on this list and am trying to do this for the community.
    4. We are now scanning recommended members' recent activity! We really think invites should go to the members who are contributing!
      • Suggested members who are found to already have an invite or are mostly not contributing to the forum will be crossed of the list. Quality before quantity!
    Summary of suggestions, a star indicating that this recommendation was seconded by either @Sidhar, @novamaxx or myself after scanning recent activity and postings (max score ***).
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    'sadly' I'll be on vacation for about 2 weeks, @novamaxx has been as kind to offer to keep an eye on things. So that's why:
    List has been temporarily moved >>>here<<<! Please refer to this list of you have an invite to share: the members on it have been evaluated. The more stars behind their name, the better their contribution, the more they deserve an invite (IMHO).

Read the 2nd post or the entire thread to see why these people were suggested.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2014

yasushierri, talu, mosingee and 31 others like this.
  2. Spazz
    Gingerbread Aug 1, 2014

Spazz , Aug 1, 2014 :
    Here are all the recommendations I found in this thread

Note to self: This is complete up to post #181, will collect more names later.
    If I missed something, please PM me.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2014

DRCH, Slahit and sohma like this.
  3. mysticalorb
    Gingerbread Aug 1, 2014

4. sandy_tiku
    Honeycomb Aug 1, 2014

5. peos
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 1, 2014

peos , Aug 1, 2014 :
    @aeronatasha
    she lost her invite due to server problems...support and admins aren't helping...
    she deserves a 2nd chance

6. Barvel
    Honeycomb Aug 1, 2014

Barvel , Aug 1, 2014 :
    Sidhar sounds nice indeed. And who says his avatar is not real?

7. Paul Masvidal
    Eclair Aug 1, 2014

novamaxx likes this.
  8. snorrski
    Honeycomb Aug 1, 2014

snorrski , Aug 1, 2014 :
    What do you mean? I love his avatar!

Sidhar likes this.
  9. Markouuh
    Honeycomb Aug 1, 2014

Markouuh , Aug 1, 2014 :
    [​IMG]
    I don't actually need an invite, but I thought that this gif might be funny :D

10. Deactivated User
    Aug 1, 2014

mysticalorb and Onestle like this.
  11. flibbage0
    Froyo Aug 1, 2014

12. DRCH
    Marshmallow Aug 1, 2014

13. cjak1985
    Honeycomb Aug 1, 2014

14. Milad
    Lollipop Aug 1, 2014

Milad , Aug 1, 2014 :
    Yup you answered your own quetion. I think he deserves it.

15. renoman
    Honeycomb Aug 1, 2014

16. Sidhar
    Jelly Bean Aug 1, 2014

Sidhar , Aug 1, 2014 :
    I will edit it, I didn't know you had PayPal issues.
    My apologies.

mysticalorb likes this.
  17. Dexter Morgan
    Community Veteran Aug 1, 2014

mysticalorb likes this.
  18. matty2104
    Honeycomb Aug 1, 2014

19. Sidhar
    Jelly Bean Aug 1, 2014

20. mysticalorb
    Gingerbread Aug 1, 2014

mysticalorb , Aug 1, 2014 :