Recommended cases for the OP3

1. TheArowanaDude
    Honeycomb Jul 28, 2016

TheArowanaDude , Jul 28, 2016 :
    My OnePlus One screen cracked and the touch screen is screwed up so I "had" to upgrade to the OP3 (hahaha!).
    I don't want the same thing to happen again to me so I'll be getting a case this time for my OP3 :)
    I hate cases but I think I'd need one now...

TLDR; Any recommendations for a minimalist clear case that would offer adequate protection against drops,etc?
    Thanks in advance!

Deactivated User likes this.
  2. LammyPictures
    Honeycomb Jul 29, 2016

LammyPictures , Jul 29, 2016 :
    I spent the first day with the sandstone case on my OnePlus 3 and I didn't like it. So I'm just using a cheap clear thin TPU gel case from amazon/ebay. I've used them on all my past phones and I've never had a cracked screen or chipped body.

If you want to protect from micro scratches (as bits of sand can lodge between the case) consider putting a decal or skin on the OnePlus as well.

3. lordred12345
    Gingerbread Jul 31, 2016

4. Tokolozi
    The Lab Reviewer - OPPO Find N Jul 31, 2016

Tokolozi , Jul 31, 2016 :
    Consider a tempered glass screen protector as well (ozrly has a full coverage one)

5. kaghedo
    Jelly Bean Jul 31, 2016

kaghedo , Jul 31, 2016 :
    Otterbox dude :)

6. runboy93
    Jelly Bean Jul 31, 2016

runboy93 , Jul 31, 2016 :
    Don't use 2.5D TGSP with cases, they don't work well together, "film" screen protectors are better with cases, because they are thinner.

Olixar "gel" cases seem interesting.

TheArowanaDude likes this.
  7. TheArowanaDude
    Honeycomb Aug 1, 2016

TheArowanaDude , Aug 1, 2016 :
    I ordered a basic, clear tpu case. Thanks for the heads up though :)

8. TlathamXmahtalT
    KitKat Aug 1, 2016

9. kiakri
    Eclair Aug 3, 2016

10. arun.samotra
    Eclair Aug 3, 2016

arun.samotra , Aug 3, 2016 :
    Been using the OtterBox case for over 3 weeks now and I have no regret about paying 25$ to protect my phone. I'm still on the stock screen guard but will change that soon. The OtterBox cover is not very heavy and will not make your phone very bulky, unlike an Amzer kickstand case that I'd used on my Nexus 4.
    The dual layer casing is made of rubber and plastic to protect your OP3 from bumps and scratches and it works just fine.