Recovery of photos and data after factory reset.

1. Annaslal
    Cupcake May 27, 2017

Annaslal , May 27, 2017 :
    Hey I did factory reset accidentally and lost all my photos and data. Is there any way to recover them without rooting the phone?. Please help and thank you in advance.

O1538551980810 and _Abul_Hussain like this.
  2. varma246
    Lollipop May 27, 2017

varma246 , May 27, 2017 :
    Say goodbye to them....like RIP data

U can have photos if Google sync is on

rupalpaliwal likes this.
  3. G_Siddharth_Patil_ZsmY
    Honeycomb May 27, 2017

4. F_Diganta_Koner_WIXu
    Jelly Bean May 27, 2017

5. Tobikage
    Nougat May 27, 2017

otto2 and theshinybeast like this.
  6. Annaslal
    Cupcake May 27, 2017

to use it does the phone have to be rooted?

7. Annaslal
    Cupcake May 27, 2017

stellar recovery? what's that? can you elaborate? thank you.

8. Sridhar Ananthanarayanan
    Lollipop May 27, 2017

Sridhar Ananthanarayanan , May 27, 2017 :
    does it work? have you tried it? non rooted phone.

9. toastytoast1234
    Marshmallow May 27, 2017

toastytoast1234 , May 27, 2017 :
    You'd think they would throw in a couple of "are you REALLY, REALLY sure?" prompts to stop this from happening.

10. G_Siddharth_Patil_ZsmY
    Honeycomb May 28, 2017

11. G_Siddharth_Patil_ZsmY
    Honeycomb May 28, 2017

12. Sridhar Ananthanarayanan
    Lollipop May 28, 2017

13. PotatoFry
    Gingerbread May 28, 2017

PotatoFry , May 28, 2017 :
    how does one 'accodentally' factory reset a device which warns you that your data will be lost if you do it?

14. G_Siddharth_Patil_ZsmY
    Honeycomb May 28, 2017

G_Siddharth_Patil_ZsmY , May 28, 2017 :
    it is possibly that he forgets to get photos

15. Annaslal
    Cupcake May 28, 2017

Annaslal , May 28, 2017 :
    I was trying to wipe cache and they were asking for my password to go further and I was so sure of my password pattern and the system was showing the message that the pattern which I provided is wrong and the only way left to restart my phone was to do factory reset and I haven't backed up my data too since I wasn't expecting something of this sort. hope you understood.

16. PotatoFry
    Gingerbread May 29, 2017

PotatoFry , May 29, 2017 :
    ok maka da senso
    sorry for making fun

Annaslal and SimonRam like this.
  17. amitssj
    Honeycomb May 29, 2017

amitssj , May 29, 2017 :
    You can download and run Easeus software... give it a run. Their site it will 101% sure that software will recover complete wiped phone. so check them out...

18. am_i_registered
    Eclair May 30, 2017

am_i_registered , May 30, 2017 :
    Unless you were using some kind of software to automatically backup your photos or data, then you will most probably have to say goodbye to your photos.

Apps that offer such an auto-backup function include Facebook, Google Photos, Dropbox and a lot more. If you were using any of those, go the respective web apps from your PC and check if your photos are there. If they are, install the app on the phone and they should sync back.

If there no photos there, you can try using some data recovery software to get your photos back. There are plenty on Google Store and they will work without root as long as you're trying to recover photos and other files that were not in the system directories.

What that software tries to find files in your phone's memory that are deleted but not wiped. When you delete a file, the system marks it as deleted but it does not actually delete it. When a new is trying to get its place in the memory, then it is writing on it, so the previous file or part of the file is actually destroyed.

Given the fact that factory reset wipes the memory, it will be very difficult to recover the lost files, but it doesn't hurt to try. Keep in mind, that this is a time-consuming process so connect the charger to your phone and let that software try. In the meantime don't do anything with your phone that will result in the creation of a file, like browsing the web, taking pictures etc. Those newly created files will reduce your chance to recover your files for the reasons I described above.

Good luck!

Annaslal likes this.
  19. G_pump_king_lhun
    Donut May 30, 2017

20. NinaOrtiz
    Cupcake Jun 1, 2017

NinaOrtiz , Jun 1, 2017 :
    When you perform a factory reset on Android, you will return the device to the condition it was when shipped from the factory. A factory data reset can help fix most issues that occur on Android. Any incorrect settings, glitches, bugs, viruses, or software problems on the device will be wiped clean.

But the files deleted from an Android phone aren't actually wiped from its memory. Instead, the files are only marked as deleted and invisible. The system will write data over those files in the future. You can later use specialized Android data recovery tool to scan the Android memory for deleted files and try to recover photo and data from Android after factory reset.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2017