Red Cable Day Swiss Army Knife 2.0 - A Scam?

1. Yash Pratap Singh.
    KitKat May 17, 2021

Yash Pratap Singh. , May 17, 2021 :
    Today, i.e. 17th May is Red Cable Day.
    Every month on this day, there are several offers - in this month's edition, it was mentioned that the OnePlus x Victorinox Swiss Army Knife Never Settle Edition 2.0 would go on sale for 15,000 Redcoins
    Proof of the sale declaration -
    The Knife has been in stock since it was introduced, priced at 20,000 Redcoins. But suddenly, today - i.e.17th May 2021 (which also Red Cable Day and the start of the Knife Sale for 15,000 Redcoins) the Knife went out of stock at around 10:30 am.

Just to be clear - the knife went out of stock exactly the day it was supposed to go on sale, and it didn't go on sale too! Its currently still priced at 20000 instead of 15000
    upload_2021-5-17_12-24-5.png
    Is this a coincidence that the Knife went out of stock the exact same day when it was supposed to go on sale?:rolleyes:

And the community representation of OnePlus India is a whole new issue itself.
    If I need to enquire about OnePlus NA, I can easily tag @Adam Krisko and for the global community, we always have @Leo X. and @dsmonteiro
    But, give me one guy whom I can tag for questions related to Indian Community?:oops:

This is not the way, and CS doesn't even know about any of these sales. :eek:
    I hope I can get a clarification over this from a Indian community staff member, though I know it's unlikely 🙃

2. Dhruv Kashyap
    Jelly Bean May 17, 2021

Dhruv Kashyap , May 17, 2021 :
    The Knife issue seems quite sus. The start timings of such offers must be specified clearly and followed. Also were these offers not shared on the community? Or I missed it?

And Indeed, there exists a Communication Gap in the Indian Community. I don't think there are much active/responsive members in the Community from the Indian staff. It would be highly convenient for us all if OnePlus assigns this task to someone officially :)

Last edited: May 17, 2021

pkg3107, Venky61, KaranRIyer and 5 others like this.
  3. Oreo.
    OnePlus Accessory Tester May 17, 2021

Oreo. , May 17, 2021 :
    That's not just a knife! It's a ninja knife, no one can get it 💀

pkg3107, Venky61, KaranRIyer and 5 others like this.
  4. Yash Pratap Singh.
    KitKat May 17, 2021

Yash Pratap Singh. , via OnePlus 7T , May 17, 2021 :
    I don't know if it'll work, but can @Manu J. respond here?
    Then how did it go OUT OF STOCK 🤣 - that's the scam question here. Instead of getting a discount, we got an unavailability of the product.
    And I would like to invite @.Deleted_Member. here to share his RCC day experience.

pkg3107, Venky61, KaranRIyer and 6 others like this.
  5. Oreo.

6. kushal__12
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 17, 2021

kushal__12 , via OnePlus Nord , May 17, 2021 :
    @Yash Pratap Singh.
    Thanks for this thread man
    This is the issue every 1 is having but non noticed i think so
    I also think that it would scam on only for this because non other products in RCC does has issue or scam like this
    But can any 1 tell us who is the head related to RCC so that person would rectify such things?? said:

But today there's a issue in oneplus store and red cable prive products also as they announced offers likely as usually i.e, 17th on every months will have offers as half of the day is gone still no such offers are visible
    I really thankful for yash for making this thread 🌟

7. Starcommander

Starcommander , May 17, 2021 :
    Ah Sh*t, here we go again.

OnePlus Indian is a whole mess. This is no surprise. Window to a new view contest was organised on December 2020. Winners haven't received any single prize. Coincidence? Same with doodle contest.

Once they said, prizes will be shipped in 1 week, sometimes they blame the staff leaving OnePlus. Now, I am sure they will blame Covid 19. I feel bad tagging Amanda or David for such small issues. The damage done can no longer be repaired.

That's one of the reason I left participating in contest organised by OnePlus India.

pkg3107, Venky61, KaranRIyer and 6 others like this.
  8. McJader
    Marshmallow May 17, 2021

McJader , May 17, 2021 :
    Nothing else to add.

9. G_plusone
    Nougat May 17, 2021

G_plusone , May 17, 2021 :
    He might say
    RCC scam 😂 😂

10. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member May 17, 2021

dsmonteiro , May 17, 2021 :
    Hi @Yash Pratap Singh.,

I checked with the RCC team and it seems like the swiss army has indeed run out of stock before they were able to change the Redcoin price. I've also confirmed with them that the product stocked out completely today, meaning there will be no restocking.

As for the rest of your concerns and considerations, I'm forwarding it to India team and @Amanda W..

Still, I don't see how this would ever constitute a scam, so I'm sorry to see a regular user being so quick to accuse OnePlus India on such strong words.

11. kushal__12

kushal__12 , via OnePlus Nord , May 17, 2021 :
    It's ok ,,
    But why aren't we not getting Any offers on oneplus store as its 17th today, already half of the day is gone 😞 and many would be waiting for the offers what about them?? Please 🥺 @dsmonteiro

12. Yash Pratap Singh.
    KitKat May 17, 2021

I'm sorry for the clickbait-ey title.
    The main issue as I have mentioned in the thread, is the deteriorating community representation by Indian executives...
    Even if you see the latest contest and most of the recent contests, they're mainly social media based - and the most important thing - who should be held accountable for the issues as @Starcommander mentioned? Is there literally anyone from Indian community team who can actually respond to the community?
    As said by @Aarav Sahni here -

13. Yash Pratap Singh.
    KitKat May 17, 2021

Conveniently coincident, right?🙃
    That's secondary now....but just informing you - the CS executives had mentioned that product will be back in stock "very soon"
    And I literally don't get what they're trying to do...they didn't know anything about the knife or the RCC Day, I had to inform them and send the article......but anyways, I guess that issue has been addressed in several other threads.
    Even if you pick a random member from the community, they'll know much more and will be able to provide better assistance than those Customer Service executives...

14. camohan
    Moderator Moderator May 17, 2021

camohan , May 17, 2021 :
    No, I do not think so. Users have been minting Red coins from past few weeks from the Earth day Contest. Lot of user would have got 20K+ coins and they would have used it to buy the knife.
    Being there at right time can be a coincidence.

15. Starcommander

Starcommander , May 17, 2021 :
    You should have kept the title:
    RCC Scam. That wouldn't have been click bait :p

While I cannot comment on this swiss knife stock issue but I have many reasons to accuse OnePlus India.
    1. Contests are all messed up. The organisers of a contest should be accountable for prize distribution and not an employee. Oneplus being such a big company (especially after Hasselblad partnership) should have atleast given an official update on why "most" of the contests organised from December 2020 have either unannounced winners or no prize distribution.
    2. OxygenOS play awards. Oneplus says there was no awards but we all know the truth. The fact was Abhilash and Razzor were supposed to get a OnePlus TV. After few days, OnePlus denied any such prize.
    3. There was a promise of free repair/discount on OnePlus days which was not informed to service centre staff. BeingIncog suffered it. How can we forget that?
    4. This never happened. Not something I am aware of https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/oneplus-creators-league.1377793/
    I have many more points but then, I am a forum member. Not an analyst to show why people relate the word "scam" with OnePlus India.
    Screenshot_20210517-162400.png

16. PritishPriyam

PritishPriyam , May 17, 2021 :
    Chronology of events:
    You participate in OnePlus India contests.
    You win.😃
    You get a msg regarding collection of your personal details for the delivery.😃
    After few weeks, you ask them about the prize delivery.No response.🙂
    Repeat the above step.🙂
    Forget you've won something.🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲

17. DarshanMeniya
    Jelly Bean May 19, 2021

DarshanMeniya , May 19, 2021 :
    Hey! @Amanda W.

We indian OnePlus community need OnePlus India community consultant, We don't have any option to communicate with Oneplus India team so unfortunately we need to communicate with @dsmonteiro or @Leo X. even for basic problems. Both guys working very hard for us, it will be great if OnePlus decrease their overload of work and Please atleast give us one person who can clear all confusions related to OnePlus India community problem.

Regular user are now frustrated with OnePlus Indian Team, We are not getting any response and any updates from Indian Team.

As active community members i believe OnePlus community is second home for me, i don't want to see person unhappy here with specific problem. As a part of OnePlus community family I can't resist my self to talk about mention things for creating a better place.

I know that it's hard to digest but it's true!

ONEPLUS INDIA TEAM MUST NEED TO BE ACTIVE AND THEY MUST BE RESPONSIVE!

pkg3107, kushal__12, McJader and 5 others like this.
  18. kushal__12
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 19, 2021

kushal__12 , via OnePlus Nord , May 19, 2021 :
    I Hope it would become possible soon😓

19. pkg3107
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 22, 2021

pkg3107 , via OnePlus Nord , May 22, 2021 :
    This is not the only thing. They also sent the wrong knife to the ones who bought it for 20,000 coins... I was one of them.

Thanks for highlighting this @Yash Pratap Singh.
    I have been coordinating for around 4 weeks but no response from Support staff. They promise a call from the team handling such issues, but none have been received (This has happened 4 times). On placing a RMA, it is getting rejected without any clarification.

So I tried the mail support. First they didn't accept that as well. But after messaging them again, they are not ready to accept that they have delivered the wrong product and saying have delivered the correct one and no other solution can be provided. 😂🤯
    After that, again, mails are not being replied to...

Can't understand why all this is happening. If the products were not available, they could have simply announced for the same.

Could you pls clarify this as well @dsmonteiro ?
    I can send all the communications to you if u need them

Last edited: May 22, 2021

20. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member May 22, 2021

dsmonteiro , May 22, 2021 :
    Hey there, can you please send me a private message with all the details?

I already highlighted this to the India team, they are looking into it