Red Tint while scrolling in night mode in low brightness. via OnePlus 7T Glacier Blue

1. Soulsurfer919 , via OnePlus 7T Glacier Blue , Oct 14, 2019 :
    I got this device on 4th Oct last few nights i am noticing a red tint while scrolling in night mode with dark app like OnePlus community app the white fonts shifts to red Tint only when scrolling.

anyone else noticing this? is the night mode suppose to work like that! or could it be fixed by a software update or do i need to check the hardware?

any suggestions or info more on this always welcome.

2. harit trivedi
    Cupcake Oct 14, 2019

harit trivedi , Oct 14, 2019 :
    Yes , I also have a red tint from the upper side of the display when it is completely dark background or wallpaper.
    as it is oled this is not expected.

3. Soulsurfer919 , via OnePlus 7T Glacier Blue , Oct 14, 2019 :
    I am not sure weather we are talking about the same red Tint shifts we see while scrolling in the Night Mode On with a Dark amoled apps.

i dont see a red tint on upper side of my display always.
    i only see the issue i mentioned when in scrolling only.

4. harit trivedi
    Cupcake Oct 14, 2019

harit trivedi , Oct 14, 2019 :
    have you tried to look at the screen in complete darkness, just check it once .
    anyway there is something fishy but idk what and why

5. Soulsurfer919 , via OnePlus 7T Glacier Blue , Oct 14, 2019 :
    I have checked it in complete darkness only but the above mentioned issue could be mostly due to some bug in night mode. let's see next update if it gets fixed! heading to sleep reply only tomorrow, can continue this open discussion on the above mentioned topic.

harit trivedi likes this.
  6. harit trivedi
    Cupcake Oct 14, 2019

7. Nilesh bajaj26
    Gingerbread Oct 15, 2019

Soulsurfer919 likes this.
  8. Dani.S
    Cupcake Mar 22, 2020

Dani.S , Mar 22, 2020 :
    Same problem here, red tint in night mode with low light and warm colours

9. Aliensmille
    Froyo Mar 23, 2020

Aliensmille , via OnePlus 7T , Mar 23, 2020 :
    Have you guys "DC DIMMING" activated?
    It is described in the description of DC DIMMING that abnormal colors can occur.

Find it in Utilities - OnePlus Laboratory

bridgeur likes this.
  10. Sameermehta2
    Honeycomb Mar 23, 2020

Sameermehta2 , Mar 23, 2020 :
    You cant do anything about it and it's present on every new amoled display (in low brightness) especially with that blue light filtering,the problem is the pentile matrix system these displays use now,this will be present in all the phones using amoleds some will show more some will show less,I have had 2 op7t (currently using 256gb version) ,1 samsung S10 lite (which is worst display),k20pro
    The pentile matrix uses RGBG led system as compared to standard RGB ones ,Google and search about pentile display you will get the answer.
    Check for the suggestions as posted by other members like dc dimming and stuff and check if it's uniform in nature ,I mean if red or green mostly if it's botches like ink spread or something then a visit to service centre is advisable

Last edited: Mar 23, 2020

11. verummyran
    Eclair Oct 26, 2020

verummyran , via OnePlus 8T , Oct 26, 2020 :
    Do you mean the red hues when viewing white background on angles?when scrolling through apps with white background i can see the white becoming a bit reddish especially while viewing from below....on extreme sides u can see it become greenish white....is this what you are talking about??