[Reddit]In response to "Software issues cause yet another OnePlus One delay"

1. tahvero
    Honeycomb Jun 10, 2014

tahvero , Jun 10, 2014 :
    This was posted to reddit by Cwirl from CyanogenMod:

There is more comments by Cwirl in reddit's comment section (link below)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello /r/Android

Ciwrl from Cyanogen/CyanogenMod to talk about the comments from that article and G+ source.

First, so we are all on the same page, here is the full email referenced. Link

So what "major update" led to the "final issues"?

As you may be aware, a handful of new issues with openSSL were made public on June 5th. We decided to include the correction for those vulnerabilities, in the factory release of the One

A new release means the whole firmware needs to be re-certified (including QA time), but we believe the security benefits outweigh the delay. So yes, there was a new build issued at fairly last minute, but it wasn't due to missing set deadlines or expectations.

And /u/qwertyasdfg123456: Definitely not the Pressy.

Note: my other account /u/ciwrl seems to be locked :-( so proof

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Android/comments/27sz18/in_response_to_software_issues_cause_yet_another/

Last edited: Jun 10, 2014

2. synapticimpact
    Cupcake Jun 10, 2014

3. jizang
    Lollipop Jun 10, 2014

wihte, RensBlom, Reverb and 11 others like this.
  4. ChrisNishanth
    Gingerbread Jun 10, 2014

ChrisNishanth , Jun 10, 2014 :
    Thank you for clearing out this to us... Hope we get invites soon to get this beast of a phone :)

5. Nise
    Jelly Bean Jun 10, 2014

Nise , Jun 10, 2014 :
    Thanks for the post
    I've got some questions @tahvero
    Why is cwirl's post points hidden in the link?
    Who is cwirl?
    How credible is what he/she is saying??

6. tahvero
    Honeycomb Jun 10, 2014

tahvero , Jun 10, 2014 :
    Looking at his old accounts posts he seems very legit.

7. shiehman
    Honeycomb Jun 10, 2014

shiehman , Jun 10, 2014 :
    Reddit has implemented a system that hides upvotes/downvotes in order to prevent bandwagon voting from occurring.

As far as I know, cwirl is probably a developer over at CM who is shedding some light on what exactly going on with their mod at the moment.

I would say the account is quite credible, most people are responding like it is indeed the actual dev.

8. Abrennan
    Honeycomb Jun 10, 2014

Abrennan , Jun 10, 2014 :
    I follow him on twitter he is part of the CM team and said on twitter his account was locked and needed to use the one above to make an accouncement so its legit.

liliduncan, AlexM and tahvero like this.
  9. PLPeeters
    KitKat Jun 10, 2014

10. shiehman
    Honeycomb Jun 10, 2014

The format on your post is a little strange, but I'm hoping that this thread gains some traction to help ease the flaming that's currently directed at OnePlus.

Yes, they did delay invites and are a bit ambiguous on deadlines, but that's because CM was unable to push out a version of CyanogenMod that is up to OnePlus's standards.

We have to understand that both CM and OP are fairly small companies, I believe they're working their asses off to get this product out to us. Just a little bit more waiting!

AlexM likes this.
  11. naviinside
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 10, 2014

12. amahmoud
    Froyo Jun 10, 2014

13. Abrennan
    Honeycomb Jun 10, 2014

14. q8tiprophet
    Honeycomb Jun 10, 2014

q8tiprophet , Jun 10, 2014 :
    Thank you for posting this here in the forums. I hope to see a similar update from the mods here. It is always a tough call to have to hold off on sales with people's patience running super thin (all for something they had no real control over) in order to release a more secure / stable device and platform. Godspeed OP ;)

15. shiehman
    Honeycomb Jun 10, 2014

CM has quite a large following on reddit, which makes sense for them to post it there. While the opo does use CM, there are countless other people who have flashed cyanogenmod onto their mobile devices.

anything that isn't released directly by OnePlus will generally make it onto reddit faster than it does onto these forums.

AlexM and amahmoud like this.
  16. Friendly
    Gingerbread Jun 10, 2014

Friendly , Jun 10, 2014 :
    I guess I am in the lucky situation that my current phone works and that I have patience.. seems like everyone is losing their shit over waiting :D

17. mrorange
    Cupcake Jun 10, 2014

mrorange , Jun 10, 2014 :
    Ciwrl is the head of public relations and forums for CM, he was also the organizer for the #casechase contest. If you follow CM at all he's the one doing the speaking for the team.

http://goo.gl/xSYYfn

18. mamparas
    Honeycomb Jun 10, 2014

sophia.rdz likes this.
  19. mrorange
    Cupcake Jun 10, 2014

mrorange , Jun 10, 2014 :
    CM's pretty quick, I'm sure the fix only took a day but the re-certification is what will take a bit, it's anyone's guess on that. Then of course they have to pull all the handsets and flash the new Rom which will also slow them down.

sophia.rdz likes this.
  20. cosmic
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 10, 2014

cosmic , Jun 10, 2014 :
    Good news, so they fixed a security problem rather the delay being due to new bugs in the software.

Wish OPO would update us with this sort of news