Redirects every site, why? via OnePlus Nord N10 5G Metro

1. Mimi023 , via OnePlus Nord N10 5G Metro , Jan 17, 2022 :
    Hiya, I am looking for employment but when I go to the links sent to me I get this message everytime. Really makes it hard to get employment if I can not get to the site. I do not know what to do, if anyone could help please and thank you

2. jpietrzak8 , via OnePlus Nord N10 5G T-Mobile , Jan 17, 2022 :
    Can I ask where you are getting these links from? Are they from a job hunting site (ZipRecruiter, Indeed, LinkedIn, etc.), or straight off an employer's website, or some other place?

It could be that the site you are using requires some specific action before allowing you to follow their links...

3. Mimi023 , via OnePlus Nord N10 5G Metro , Jan 21, 2022 :
    Yes from all of the job hunting sires. Some from the business itself but I still get redirected saying it's unsafe or not secure. Who knows? 😟

4. jpietrzak8 , via OnePlus Nord N10 5G T-Mobile , Jan 21, 2022 :
    Aha, this is a "website not secure" warning? Generally, this happens because the website in question has not been authenticated against a certificate. Almost all public websites today have security certificates that the browser can test though, so this is more likely a browser issue.

If you go to a very common website, like say Google.com (which is definitely secure) and still get the error, then it is definitely an issue local to your browser.

Your phone should be trying to open these links using the phone's default browser, which in Android is "Chrome", unless you have installed a custom browser. If you have changed your browser, the new one may be having trouble authorizing certificates. If not, there may be an issue with reaching the authentication service (which can happen when the internet is partially down or facing blockages), or there may be an issue specific to your phone.

5. Mimi023 , via OnePlus Nord N10 5G Metro , Jan 23, 2022 :
    I gotcha, I think lol. I seem to be having the same problem on my laptop also . I live in an area where there is no free wifi and not many choices for internet due to it being in a mountain area. Thank you for trying to help me I really do appreciate your efforts 😃😃

jpietrzak8 likes this.
  6. jpietrzak8 , via OnePlus Nord N10 5G T-Mobile , Jan 23, 2022 :
    Just a thought -- a long time ago, my parents lived deep in rural, hilly northeast Ohio. When their internet went out while I was visiting (which happened with unfortunate frequency), I'd drive up to the top of the nearest hill (in order to get a cellphone signal, the cell towers couldn't reach down into the valleys between the hills) and use my phone to download stuff I needed off the net. :)

All this is to say that if you are lucky, you might be able to bypass a crummy local internet service by accessing the net through your cellular provider. They might be plugged into the same crummy local service, but if you are lucky they might have an independent feed...