Reduce area for Android Q back gesture

1. Rahul Subramanian
    Eclair Oct 10, 2019

Rahul Subramanian , Oct 10, 2019 :
    Not sure if this is posted but I just got my hands on the new OnePlus 7T and I am loving it.
    All except the gesture feature. Reverting to the older Navigation style helps but I see a glitch in the launching of recent apps. When I hit the square on screen button the recent apps appears half way and then goes back to the screen I was on.

So I went back to the gesture based navigation.

Is there some method in which I can reduce the back swipe area to a smaller section. Swiping from the left keeps causing 'Go Back' instead of launching the menu. I am able to open the hamburger menu only by swiping at the very top which is starting to feel a little irritating.

Please help me if anyone knows how to adjust this.

2. TheCold0ne
    Cupcake Feb 25, 2020

TheCold0ne , Feb 25, 2020 :
    I also wonder this and am concerned this got no replies.

Just got a 7T and I hate that the back gesture is the entire right/left sides of the screen. I refuse to use the "hamburger" icon at the top of the screen so I am learning to swipe from "near" the edge, which does open the menu. It's just a very narrow margin, so it's easy to miss it and either just tap on the body of the app or select "back".

Not sure why they went with such a horrible design choice (whether it is Oxygen or Android in general).

3. domestoboto
    Froyo Feb 27, 2020

domestoboto , Feb 27, 2020 :
    You'll have to ask GOOGLE why they did such thing. At least OP gives you the option to go back to 2010 and use the three-button navigation bar...

4. TheCold0ne
    Cupcake Feb 27, 2020

TheCold0ne , Feb 27, 2020 :
    I'm curious why OP ditched their custom(?) gestures from the previous phones/builds. Like, if the Google built-in gestures are kind of forced, or maybe if they just wanted to keep Oxygen as close to stock at possible.