Refused phone and still waiting for refund

1. corvete001
    Gingerbread Jul 2, 2016

corvete001 , Jul 2, 2016 :
    I'm telling you it is a pain to get a refund from this company. I refused the phone on June 19th as I was told to do from One Plus and One Plus received it back in their warehouse on June 22nd and here it is July 2nd and no refund. I had to refuse it because I am on a Company plan and they use Verizon. I have had nothing but the run around with this company. Support gives the same stupid answer with every contact and I have contacted them a bunch. Even sent the tracking from the return showing them they have the phone. Still no refund and still the caned response telling me when they receive it back in the warehouse they will process the refund. So I guess it's a great company as long as you don't need something fixed or refunded. Not a happy customer.

2. rattles
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 2, 2016

rattles , Jul 2, 2016 :
    Paypal. Again people , don't even bother with talking to support unless you like to have your time wasted. Just open a paypal ticket and let them deal with the clowns.

3. Wahoux
    Lollipop Jul 2, 2016

Wahoux , Jul 2, 2016 :
    But it's also very stupid to buy somthing and refuse it.... Next time wait before buying :neutral:

SirBacke, pa5t1s and mattylew80 like this.
  4. Pedro120
    Gingerbread Jul 2, 2016

Pedro120 , Jul 2, 2016 :
    I know people get excited. I have ever learned a lot going time ago that no matter how excited I get to investigate if the device will work. I also have Verizon and I know of your pain of many devices not working on certain phones. But what I did was use my Verizon Sim for calls and text and a t-mobile sim for data. Best of both worlds for me. Good luck getting a refund and that's why I always pay with PayPal if possible. Makes getting a refund from unresponsive sellers much easier.

5. hilaydb
    Froyo Jul 2, 2016

hilaydb , Jul 2, 2016 :
    Exactly this +1

SirBacke and mattylew80 like this.
  6. corvete001
    Gingerbread Jul 2, 2016

No not stupid, just didn't notice the little problem of not supporting Verizon. It's not very well publicized unless you dig a little. I guess I will just open a PayPal dispute. You would think a customer would care about its customers but I guess this one could care less. I am really happy I didn't keep the phone now after this mess. I could only guess how bad it would be to get a phone fixed or replaced that didn't work right.

7. munketh
    Cupcake Jul 2, 2016

8. Professorchaos1
    Honeycomb Jul 2, 2016

9. pablofg1978
    Spanish POC Assistant Head Moderator Jul 2, 2016

10. G_Jon_Pileot_pvCS
    Cupcake Jul 2, 2016

G_Jon_Pileot_pvCS , Jul 2, 2016 :
    Having recently gone through the return process (read gong show), I was asked my tracking number half a dozen times, and every new agent who "helped" me told me I would be informed when the phone undergoes inspection.

After a couple weeks I screencapped the entire conversation, as well as sent copies of the tracking confirmation to PayPal and my dispute was resolved within a week. I like giving companies the benefit of a doubt and time to let the process work but with this company it seems the tires just keep spinning...

If you are attempting a return give them a few days to process the phone (once recieved, check your tracking number) then raise a PayPal dispute. That seems the only way to get your money back from this company.

Good luck guys!

11. corvete001
    Gingerbread Jul 2, 2016

You are so right, I got fed up today and filed a PayPal dispute so I can be done with this. Lesson learned and never again will I purchase from this company.

12. corvete001
    Gingerbread Jul 2, 2016

interesting how many of these threads are moved to a place that is hard to find.

13. G_Brian_Palladino_Evqs
    Cupcake Jul 2, 2016

G_Brian_Palladino_Evqs , Jul 2, 2016 :
    what's the PayPal process like. Just trying to get an idea versus one +. Sounds like you want to avoid their customer service. Any better in the USA, ONE PLUS CS.

14. G_Jon_Pileot_pvCS
    Cupcake Jul 2, 2016

G_Jon_Pileot_pvCS , Jul 2, 2016 :
    Paypal process is pretty simple... As long as you have all the documentation to prove you followed the directions, it was shipped, tracked, and delivered, its pretty easy. PayPal makes the process pretty simple.

OnePlus COULD make the whole process MUCH better if only each customer care rep read the ticket before responding and actually responded intelligently. The process for getting a return shipping label was pretty simple and hassle free, unfortunately the trend shows thats where the "hassle free returns" process hits a snag.

15. corvete001
    Gingerbread Jul 4, 2016

corvete001 , Jul 4, 2016 :
    PayPay was great and got me the refund. I kept getting messages from OnePlus Support telling me that if i would cancel my PayPal dispute they would get me my refund. They have been working on the refund at OnePlus since the 22nd of June and they think I would trust them. I never opened my package when it arrived and refused it and had all the return tracking information. If you are still waiting on OnePlus and they keep promising you a refund file the PayPal dispute and it will get taken care of.

16. G_Jon_Pileot_pvCS
    Cupcake Jul 5, 2016

G_Jon_Pileot_pvCS , Jul 5, 2016 :
    lol, I don't know why anyone in their right mind would cancel a paypal dispute on a promise from a company who's service was so terrible they had to go through a dispute process in the first place.

Glad you got your refund! Hopefully others will find this thread (or the many others similar to it) and be able to avoid a headache. Great phones, terrible service. Will I buy another oneplus product? Maybe. Will I do it without protection from Paypal or something similar? heck no.

17. jkb114
    Lollipop Jul 5, 2016

jkb114 , Jul 5, 2016 :
    I'm glad that you got your refund and it's sad to see this happening.

It is known to take this long, it can take up to 10 working days from when they receive the device to process it and then a further 30 days to clear in your account - this is down to your bank

18. F_Dennis_Wertien_JxDv
    Cupcake Oct 12, 2016

19. jkb114
    Lollipop Oct 13, 2016

jkb114 , Oct 13, 2016 :
    Can we ask why and when you returned the device?

20. F_Dennis_Wertien_JxDv
    Cupcake Oct 13, 2016