1. Radeon962
    KitKat Oct 22, 2014

mydroid likes this.
  2. jenskh
    Cupcake Oct 22, 2014

3. KerrAvon
    Froyo Oct 22, 2014

KerrAvon , Oct 22, 2014 :
    Why do I need an iPhone? Just because I believe that Android works just fine without being messed with?

Not ONE person has defended the Lockscreen problem! Not One!

4. vilchez21
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 22, 2014

5. gadgetcollector007
    Froyo Oct 22, 2014

6. tariq.iitr
    Cupcake Oct 22, 2014

7. Phonestep
    Gingerbread Oct 22, 2014

Phonestep , Oct 22, 2014 :
    I know people are saying about Cyanogen L, but don;t forget that OP released an AOSP version for the OPP. I would imagine, its actually easier to get that up together, than it is Cyanogen.
    Disclaimer: I know nothing about compiling ROMS, but would imagine, they have to get the specific hardware changes working, drivers etc working, which would seem less work than Cyanogen having to re-base a whole ROM and port all Cyanogen features over?
    Then again it all depends how much in-house capability OPO have.

PhoneStep

8. dr.cognitive
    Honeycomb Oct 23, 2014

dr.cognitive , Oct 23, 2014 :
    Okay, first off, what you are calling a skin is actually the launcher. A skin, in a more traditional sense, is simply cosmetic. Like changing icons and backgrounds.

A launcher is a kind of "program" that integrates with the operating system to provide the UI that you see. It allows you to put icons, widgets, wallpapers, groups, tasks, and other features on your screen.

A ROM is the backend side of the operating system. Your can have different kernels, different "drivers" (to use a Windows term) that allow you to do whatever with hardware, different levels of control over the device, etc.

Think of the ROM as the version of Windows you are running and the launcher as the GUI, such as Metro, the Windows XP/7 desktop, Areo, etc. and the skin would be the color scheme, background wallpaper, and icons.

Hopefully that helps answer your question.

9. mydroid
    KitKat Oct 23, 2014

eckbauer likes this.
  10. ghettopops
    Honeycomb Oct 23, 2014

ghettopops , Oct 23, 2014 :
    Yah, that would be right after it hits mine. :p

mydroid likes this.
  11. tommymaka
    Donut Oct 23, 2014

12. john mayernik
    Donut Oct 23, 2014

john mayernik , Oct 23, 2014 :
    This is great news and the main reason why I purchased your phone. I am currently on day day three with this beautiful piece of technology. I must say, its very well built as for hardware and the OS hasn't given me any issue. Everyone that sees it phone wants to touch it. I say, "Five Dollars to touch." Keep up the hard work, you guys have got a winner here, over the other smartphone!

13. waikikijason
    Froyo Oct 23, 2014

14. pyroyuy
    Honeycomb Oct 23, 2014

15. mOscuro
    Gingerbread Oct 23, 2014

mOscuro , Oct 23, 2014 :
    THAT IS SOME SWEET WOLVERINE !! :D

pyroyuy likes this.
  16. suryabnvk
    Eclair Oct 23, 2014

17. mostlynerd
    Eclair Oct 23, 2014

mostlynerd , Oct 23, 2014 :
    I don't doubt that the first release of L on the One will have bugs, however CM is as close to stock as you can get without being stock in my opinion. Stock android doesnt provide all the advanced functionality that CM provides. I prefer CM for many of the features available like the Privacy Guard and the tap to sleep and wake features.

Personally I havent seen any lock screen problems that you may have, so I cant comment there.

Finally, calling a ROM a skin is stretching it quite a bit. Skinning is infinitely easier than installing a custom ROM. You know that the ROM is the OS right? I havent seen any issues with well made skins, or even not so great skins, but a bad ROM can brick your device.

18. h4music
    Cupcake Oct 23, 2014

h4music , Oct 23, 2014 :
    Great news. Lately HTC has been updating Android on their devices very promptly and soon after a Google announcement. Maybe Oneplus could follow suite and set a great standard for OS updates

19. eckbauer
    KitKat Oct 23, 2014

eckbauer , Oct 23, 2014 :
    I'm glad I kept my Nexus 4.

mydroid likes this.
  20. eckbauer
    KitKat Oct 23, 2014

eckbauer , Oct 23, 2014 :
    Which Material Design theme are you using?