Regarding Android L

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xjotjotx
    Honeycomb Feb 16, 2015

xjotjotx , Feb 16, 2015 :
    It's incredible how the beginning of this thread was all like "thank you" "Cm guys are great" and now is like "f**k you", no I mean "**** you" etc..

edit: thinking better about it..not so incredible ^^'

2. SetPT
    Froyo Feb 16, 2015

SetPT , Feb 16, 2015 :
    The problem is not they missed the deadline.

The problem is the fact that no one say shit about it! We are in the dark.

HTC missed the deadline, but they told the costumers about it.

People wouldnt rage so much if they explain whats happening, and when can we expect the release.

Remember, they promised! It was there words! And for a close to stock ROM, it's taking too long.

3. mgdavis
    Honeycomb Feb 17, 2015

mgdavis , Feb 17, 2015 :
    Christ, some people are so self entitled. Theyre two weeks over, but those two weeks are all QC, which means you'll get it soon. Take a valium or have a beer, maybe smoke up a bit if that's what'll take the edge off.

4. Andoenay
    Gingerbread Feb 17, 2015

5. kenny
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 17, 2015

6. Westernise
    Honeycomb Feb 17, 2015

Westernise , Feb 17, 2015 :
    Elaborate on point 3 please.

7. Westernise
    Honeycomb Feb 17, 2015

Westernise , Feb 17, 2015 :
    The man at the pub tells me that the commies are responsible for the delay in lollipop being released.

8. barizkydes

9. muhdsurahman
    Eclair Feb 17, 2015

10. Elderon

Elderon , Feb 17, 2015 :
    The fact that they said early month and they haven't release it yet without telling us anything is making me crazy

11. emaren
    Gingerbread Feb 17, 2015

emaren , Feb 17, 2015 :
    Sure....

DALVIK is the 'virtual machine' that runs all of the android applications. It cache's compiles and is responsible for the performance of your android device.

ART is the replacement that has been sort of hidden since 4.4. It is possible to switch to ART in 4.4, but the results are not always better than Dalvik.

In Android L, ART is used by default and there are some significant performance and battery life gains that are brought about by the latest, greatest ART.

Performance analysis - http://blog.newrelic.com/2014/07/07/android-art-vs-dalvik/

I've run my own tests on ART on a Nexus 4, Note 3 and One, in all cases switching to ART improves the responsiveness of the phone. I cannot say much about battery life though as I am using an iPhone 6 as my daily...

Westernise likes this.
  12. thudrumble

thudrumble , Feb 17, 2015 :
    Did you just compare HTC with Cyanogenmod? Well think once again, where is the BIG difference between them.

13. thudrumble

14. Elderon

Westernise and Chugz like this.
  15. lokesh3440
    Honeycomb Feb 17, 2015

lokesh3440 , Feb 17, 2015 :
    That's the worst thing we can ever believe. Even my Moto E has got a SOAK test recently....

Chugz and Elderon like this.
  16. thudrumble

... and it is a S4 anyway

17. harris1986
    Gingerbread Feb 17, 2015

18. drewmor
    Gingerbread Feb 17, 2015

drewmor , Feb 17, 2015 :
    its not that mutch to ask 4 a company that want to be taken seriously that they at least comment on the missed 90 day window. I think alot of u guys can agree that we rather have a stable and late OTA then a buggy/crashy fast OTA.
    But Oneplus is a new company and if it want to be taken seriously and be an example of a great OEM they need to be better then OEMs like samsung, LG, motorola and the rest, and the way to do that is to make a statement, comment, bloggpost or something regarding this. Thatway all the whyners can go and have a slice of bree to their wine in peace.

stve, DaiMinzz and wea3el like this.
  19. SetPT
    Froyo Feb 17, 2015

SetPT , Feb 17, 2015 :
    CyanogenMod? No, Cyanogen, Inc. And i would like to know the differences wise man :)

20. thudrumble

Then you should know, what man power HTC invests in the developement of their updates compared to the man power Cyanogen invests in the support of so many different types of devices. I think this should explain very clearly, why some updates come a bit delayed ... the important part there is: how stable and good working they are ;) ... wise man!