Regarding Android L

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. asj0422
    Honeycomb Mar 17, 2015

asj0422 , Mar 17, 2015 :
    the superuser was removed from cyanogen on the official 11s release b/c google wouldn't allow that kind of security breach on a device if it was going to be sold with their app package on it... which makes sense, since not just techies will be using this device. imagine someone who doesn't have a clue what they're doing totally screwing up their phone. google didn't want any trouble resulting from that.

rayturner likes this.
  2. TysonB
    Froyo Mar 17, 2015

TysonB , Mar 17, 2015 :
    Haha this still makes me laugh :)

SayMyName likes this.
  3. TysonB
    Froyo Mar 17, 2015

TysonB , Mar 17, 2015 :
    I'm not going to lie, I love my OPO but I'm not sure if I will go near the OPTwo...
    OP has just been a bit unfaithful in regards to things like the StyleSwap covers, and getting L out in time (I know that its CM who is in charge of that, but OP (when they were still friendly with them) did give us all and various news sources an official statement about this, which does make them share the responsibility).

I know, lots of other companies haven't gotten L out yet either, but they also didn't come out with big statements saying they would by a certain time...

4. Smore
    Eclair Mar 17, 2015

5. Umbilicalboy
    Gingerbread Mar 17, 2015

Umbilicalboy , Mar 17, 2015 :

Hooray! I second that.

A lot of people seem to desire a new 'official' ROM more than they do having a fully functional, bug free (almost) smartphone. It's almost as if the phone is irrelevant.

I still haven't gone to 05Q as it seems very buggy. You don't have to have the latest OS, it's your phone that matters. If you were offered the latest version of your car but the drawback was the brakes worked intermittently would you make the swap?

If you can't flash and make deep mods, don't do an immediate upgrade. Let the guys and gals who do it for fun and interest go over the trenches first. Or buy Samsung.

What really irks is most of the people whingeing about delayed release and put pressure in the developers to get it out asap can be the ones that then come on here slagging off the build, developers or the company.

I've got a bricked Samsung Note next to me as I write. I had two years of extreme pain with that device. The upgrade from the original ROM to a newer one, forced on me by Samsung, pretty well killed the phone. To make matters worse there is a known hardware/emmc fault in the first 3 Notes and S series' phones which result in a terminal brick event. What have Samsung done about it? Sweet F All.

If you don't like the ROM you pull down, learn to flash or go to your nearest Apple store and by one of those tiddly, diddly little £600 phones and please stop wasting bandwidth pestering like a 4 year old child in a supermarket by the chocolate counter crying because, for the most part, you can't have something you want and don't really need. Like a petulant child whining, it's exhausting.

Don't think for a minute the posts that go on here would be allowed in the main OEM forums either.

There's a lot of mighty fine knowledgable people on this forum, take advantage of this resource to help yourself or fix a genuine problem. Don't come on here crying because Mummy won't buy you that chocolate you want.

Nice post Enricosteph.

6. thudrumble
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 17, 2015

thudrumble , Mar 17, 2015 :
    Right, it's like in the fashion. Many people prefer to wear the latest clothes, regardless how ridiculous they appear wearing them, or how uncomfortable those clothes fit.

It's probably the same buggy brain section, which tells women "go buy the newest pair of shoes available on the market every week" :D

GurnyGub likes this.
  7. lwjm12
    Eclair Mar 17, 2015

lwjm12 , Mar 17, 2015 :
    I'd rather have a phone that works. THat's why I don't get the whole Apple fan collective orgasm every time they release something without properly testing it.

GurnyGub likes this.
  8. SayMyName
    Jelly Bean Mar 17, 2015

SayMyName , Mar 17, 2015 :
    OP team really need to work on their communication. Let's remind you that we all had an update by mistake, and nobody at OP seemed to give a shit. No announcement or anything. Had it been Samsung or Apple (which I both detest) we would've had an official announcement on the spot, even on a weekend, because it isn't that hard to log-in and post something. It's called damage control.
    Like I said, they just don't give a shit. As for the CM12 scenario, it's sad and hilarious all at once.

rayturner likes this.
  9. bombadier
    KitKat Mar 17, 2015

bombadier , Mar 17, 2015 :
    They give a shit just not about informing the community or really making any sort of effort, its obvious after this little bust up with CM Inc that they cannot be arsed anymore either and are just going through the motions doing the bear minimum, I for one am not expecting the mid - late March rumour to come true watch what excuses get trotted out at the end of the month when there is still a no show, googles fault, watch this space

10. wiyadi
    Donut Mar 17, 2015

11. Binkey
    Cupcake Mar 17, 2015

Binkey , Mar 17, 2015 :
    Just relax your phone is currently working fine. Remember its a phone not a life line!

So now you know that you can just go on with ur silly life...

One day you will wake up and you see on your perfectly working phone that you've an update! Guess what its the "L" version... So its the best day with ur phone so far.....

Life is great!

12. mjt86dtf
    Gingerbread Mar 17, 2015

mjt86dtf , Mar 17, 2015 :
    A sensible voice in the chaos, well said.

GurnyGub likes this.
  13. sadem31
    Honeycomb Mar 17, 2015

sadem31 , Mar 17, 2015 :
    The problem is not the delay toward android L, but the lack of information provided on this forum. It would be so easy to make a statement, an apologie or anything else. They already do a weekly post (no longer on the forum).

Bottom line, there is no problem in getting late, as long as you stay in touch and keep us updated !

TysonB and ScorpioPirate like this.
  14. ScorpioPirate

ScorpioPirate , Mar 17, 2015 :
    @enricosteph
    @Umbilicalboy
    @Binkey
    +1 for that comment :)
    I have also write here before, that "some" have to calm down.
    We have a' fine working phone, and in my mind I can wait until the new "L" are stability to roll out :)
    But maybe someone have stolen there's "Lollipop"..... LOL :)

Binkey and Niels_Andersen like this.
  15. Niels_Andersen
    KitKat Mar 17, 2015

ScorpioPirate likes this.
  16. Niels_Andersen
    KitKat Mar 17, 2015

Niels_Andersen , Mar 17, 2015 :
    And look here, it's coming:

ScorpioPirate and wiyadi like this.
  17. CZDaywalker
    Gingerbread Mar 17, 2015

Vinas likes this.
  18. Phonestep
    Gingerbread Mar 17, 2015

Phonestep , Mar 17, 2015 :
    I agree. The issue is not the delay, it's the fact they aren't officially announcing progress or delays.
    The one thing I've learned in business is that customers can handle delays, if you them as soon as you are aware and they know when the revised date will be.
    The issue here is we get snippets of communication and have had broken promises with no apology.

I love the device and it works fine for the most part, but there are bugs I'm hoping will be fixed in Lollipop and I'm hoping the OS will finally be able to take advantage of the hardware, because as far as I can see CM11S, is not optimised for the hardware.

Let's hope they start giving updates through official channels, so people don't have to keep coming on here searching for updates, to be told "omg didn't you search, it's in this thread that had a link to another thread, that has a link to Reddit".

Above is unacceptable for a business.

Edit, just read the above forum post. Thats what we need. Shame it took so long for this kind of official update, but fingers crossed they'll keep it up.

PhoneStep

happycheesecake likes this.
  19. thudrumble

thudrumble , Mar 17, 2015 :
    and there's once again fresh for you ;) ... 2 posts above this one

20. mjt86dtf
    Gingerbread Mar 17, 2015

mjt86dtf , Mar 17, 2015 :
    OOS 3/27 , 12S 3/30. And I just purchased the powerbank. Yes, fanboy #neversettle