Regarding StyleSwap Covers

1. Carl
    Co-founder Staff Member Sep 17, 2014

Carl , Sep 17, 2014 :
    We at OnePlus strive to provide the best products we can possibly make. Our mantra, Never Settle, has been something we’ve tried to always follow but unfortunately, sometimes we have to make complicated decisions.

As we’ve said before, we’ve experienced technical difficulties in mass producing the StyleSwap covers at an acceptable level of quality. The number of Bamboo StyleSwap covers that have passed our Quality Assurance tests is much lower than we had hoped.

We want to note that our “StyleSwap” covers were an ambitious and innovative concept for us; very few companies offer similar options. We focused heavily on how it would allow users to personalize and customize their Ones and offer more choice. But now we know that we could have designed the removal process of the back covers better; it’s tricky and makes frequent switches difficult. The swap can also leave the back cover slightly creaky or loose, and it risks damage to the battery which is exposed for a short time.

Ultimately, we made the very hard choice to stop production of StyleSwap covers for the OnePlus One. We simply aren’t comfortable mass releasing a product that does not offer the best user experience.

We do still have a small number of Bamboo covers that have already been produced and look amazing. We are going to sell this limited stock and will provide explicit instructions on how to replace your cover without damaging the cover, phone or battery.

We are also still looking into the possibility of releasing limited edition Ones which come with a Kevlar or Denim cover out of the box. We are learning more and will keep you posted. For those of you who may want a new Sandstone cover because yours is banged up or worn down, please refer to this thread in the Technical Support forum for more information.

There’s no question that we are disappointed we were not able to deliver on this. But we’re also much more knowledgeable and know what steps to take to ensure this won’t be a problem for the OnePlus 2, we will make sure the battery is properly protected and the the StyleSwap covers are easy safe to replace. So as always, stay tuned.

2. GeertBerkers
    Lollipop Sep 17, 2014

Last edited: Sep 17, 2014

3. sirrick
    Gingerbread Sep 17, 2014

Mihail_Ko likes this.
  4. Waterdroid
    Lollipop Community Expert Sep 17, 2014

5. quza
    Jelly Bean Sep 17, 2014

6. Hanson Lee
    Marshmallow Community Expert Sep 17, 2014

Hanson Lee , Sep 17, 2014 :
    It's ok man. Just try your best as I've said yesterday in the AMAA.

I WILL BUY THE BAMBOO!!!

Dreday, boboseiptu, lnxpro and 4 others like this.
  7. freddykr
    Gingerbread Sep 17, 2014

sp33d, Mihail_Ko, berkeczi and 5 others like this.
  8. DRCH
    German POC Assistant Head Moderator Sep 17, 2014

lnxpro and finaldentiny like this.
  9. teqnix
    Lollipop Sep 17, 2014

teqnix , Sep 17, 2014 :
    Thanks for the update!
    It's okay you're forgiven by the mighty forum God's.
    I would love an limited edition denim :3

zaska_ and finaldentiny like this.
  10. WePlay
    Honeycomb Sep 17, 2014

CB500x and q8tiprophet like this.
  11. keenez
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 17, 2014

ElixSix, LEXXIUS, Beedeezy14 and 2 others like this.
  12. sp99
    KitKat Community Expert Sep 17, 2014

13. krelletromle
    Gingerbread Sep 17, 2014

14. teqnix
    Lollipop Sep 17, 2014

finaldentiny likes this.
  15. Hanson Lee
    Marshmallow Community Expert Sep 17, 2014

Hanson Lee , Sep 17, 2014 :
    After buying my first One,

[​IMG]

Buzzrr, lnxpro, dizturb and 22 others like this.
  16. acdcshow
    Cupcake Sep 17, 2014

udefo, googol, madmike95 and 16 others like this.
  17. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Community Expert Sep 17, 2014

dsmonteiro , Sep 17, 2014 :
    I'm really sorry to hear that, but it's the responsible thing to do.

Please let me know if I can help you disposing one of those gorgeous bamboo or denim covers.

peterlauri, lnxpro, udefo and 8 others like this.
  18. Waterdroid

Waterdroid , Sep 17, 2014 :
    You're trying to get them to sell one to you? :D

mahvi, sp99 and dsmonteiro like this.
  19. MadOx75
    Gingerbread Sep 17, 2014

MadOx75 , Sep 17, 2014 :
    Damn... I was looking forward to the dark wood Styleswap cover. But if you're going to sell the Bamboo ones that you have, I'd be up for buying one.

In lieu of that, hopefully someone steps up and makes some wood cases, similar to either the iFrogz one I have for my iPhone or GroveMade cases for the iPhone. Something so elegant about the wood.

Sekrit_skworl, minneyar and mahvi like this.
  20. finaldentiny