1. CamHudd
    Cupcake Sep 17, 2014

CamHudd , Sep 17, 2014 :

2. lestergoh
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 17, 2014

3. Jayception
    KitKat Sep 17, 2014

Jayception , Sep 17, 2014 :
    I hope that third party companies starts producing and selling their own swapstyle covers.

Ivanpoocky13 and arturor1990 like this.
  4. milkdude
    KitKat Sep 17, 2014

milkdude , Sep 17, 2014 :
    Thanks for the update. better to pull the plug on them now,rather than have to many complaints about their quality. maybe shoot for a more manageable production for your next handset.

MadOx75 likes this.
  5. bestlands
    KitKat Sep 17, 2014

bestlands , Sep 17, 2014 :
    I'll take one too

6. Radeon962
    KitKat Sep 17, 2014

Radeon962 , Sep 17, 2014 :
    Carl, any chance you can bundle the bamboo and sandstone cover into one package? I would buy one of each.

If you have swap style covers on the Two why not make the battery replaceable? I don't care either way but there are a lot of users and potential customers that might appreciate that and purchase the 2nd generation if you can swap out the battery.

7. snappy
    Honeycomb Sep 17, 2014

8. BillMurrayz

BillMurrayz , Sep 17, 2014 :
    Would gladly take a Bamboo cover to test out, thanks for the update!

9. josedomingues
    Honeycomb Sep 17, 2014

josedomingues , Sep 17, 2014 :
    Thanks for the update! If they don't have the quality to match Oneplus ideals, then its better this way!

10. Bed of Sloths
    Donut Sep 17, 2014

Bed of Sloths , Sep 17, 2014 :
    How does the bamboo's grippiness compare to the sandstone? I want a bamboo because it looks so good but I don't know if I wanna sacrifice the extra grip from the sandstone.

11. kufri
    Honeycomb Sep 17, 2014

kufri , Sep 17, 2014 :
    Dear OPO, you could at least mass produce some kind of rugged case like spigen or otterbox, ali express is swamped with these rip offs, i am sure you can contract one of those Chinese companies to design some great cases. If you don't have great accessories to support your flagship, you would be killing the brand, just have a look at Xiaomi's portfolio of products. BTW still love the OPO.

yanshaaa likes this.
  12. bishs
    Gingerbread Sep 17, 2014

bishs , Sep 17, 2014 :
    Oh no! I was so much looking forward to this! Is there some way I might get one of the few that you guys have?

13. 1Shotwonder
    Honeycomb Sep 17, 2014

1Shotwonder , Sep 17, 2014 :
    Well that blows really wanted a bamboo back because my opo is a early production the sandstone feel did stay as prominent as a later produced device...guess I'll have to try to get lucky to get one of the few made or by a limited edition phone

14. mwebsterpgh
    KitKat Sep 17, 2014

15. MtnBykr

MtnBykr , Sep 17, 2014 :
    You are seriously going to sell your phone because of a cover?! You do realize you could just buy a white case? Then you would have a white phone and be protected.

yanshaaa, ualman and TimelordSloth like this.
  16. Valerio81
    Honeycomb Sep 17, 2014

Valerio81 , Sep 17, 2014 :
    That is hard. SSC were one of my biggest buying reasons

17. lazieye

lazieye , Sep 17, 2014 :
    @Carl
    Chuck what swap covers you have in your suitcase. I'll be at London meet next week and will take them off your hands.
    If you no longer having swap covers now, exactly what accessories are we going to see next week then?

Edit: And bring a black flip case as well (that will save on P&P). ;)

Last edited: Sep 17, 2014

18. MCMXCIVR

MCMXCIVR , Sep 17, 2014 :
    My back-cover has a dent and OnePlus was like; just buy a new one next week.
    This is not next week!!! (months later)

shure2 likes this.
  19. charliechrap
    Froyo Sep 17, 2014

charliechrap , Sep 17, 2014 :
    @Carl Is there any chance that you can still sell the StyleSwap covers for the standard backs (Sandstone Black, Silk White)? I would very much prefer having a white OnePlus One, and actually only moved forward with my purchase of a 64GB black One in July on seeing that production of StyleSwap covers was imminent. So now I'm very much disappointed.

Plus, since so many of Sandstone Black and Silk White covers (for Chinese phones) covers have already been mass-produced, there shouldn't be quality issues with that right? Also, I'm only looking to switch backs this once, from the sandstone to the silk white one, so I wouldn't worry about the back becoming loose or anything.

Would greatly appreciate a reply about this!

ualman and TakeMyMoney like this.
  20. AzJazz
    Honeycomb Sep 17, 2014

AzJazz , Sep 17, 2014 :
    Thanks for the update, Carl - While I would have liked a wood StyleSwap cover, protection for "my precious" is more important ... I probably would have covered it up with a case somehow which would defeat the purpose of the beautiful option.

So, it wouldn't have been a deal-breaker (for me) if the StyleSwap wasn't available.

I'm glad the OPO team is so focused on the end quality that they are willing to make this sacrifice to keep the quality at its best. To me, that is the most important part of your message.

Cheers,

AJ