Regarding StyleSwap Covers

1. ChrisTerp
    Lollipop Sep 17, 2014

ChrisTerp , Sep 17, 2014 :
    RIP StyleSwaps :(

Better to end it then trying to redesign the whole phone - guess OnePlus Two will have a better chance for StyleSwaps?

Thanks for clarifying the issue for us.

Bye bye to the Kevlar I wanted :(

Last edited: Sep 17, 2014

2. caffeine
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 17, 2014

caffeine , Sep 17, 2014 :
    I have said it and I will say it again: StyleSwap covers were a bad idea, and the whole design of them was a bad idea.
    Back covers and batteries should ALWAYS be easily removable & replaceable. Stop putting NFC antennas and other stuff in them. Should someone break, scratch, bang, destroy their back cover, it should be available to purchase at minimum cost. 3rd parties should be easily able to provide back cover of various materials and colors, even different sizes of them for possible extended batteries.

Stay true to your product that is one hell of a device. Accessories should be always a second thought. If people want to buy a phone for customization and looks, they would buy a Moto X or Project ARA.

Never settle! :)

rexograff likes this.
  3. BrownBatman
    Donut Sep 17, 2014

BrownBatman , Sep 17, 2014 :
    The phone is pretty big as it is, I don't want to make it any bulkier with an additional case

4. BrownBatman
    Donut Sep 17, 2014

BrownBatman , Sep 17, 2014 :
    Exact same reason why I bought this phone, so I would love to hear about this as well

charliechrap likes this.
  5. dragon2777
    Jelly Bean Sep 17, 2014

dragon2777 , Sep 17, 2014 :
    I actually meant quality control but I read your post again and you did say quality not control you are right my bad

6. Maestro.0
    Gingerbread Sep 17, 2014

Maestro.0 , Sep 17, 2014 :
    Will you still be making the Silk White and Sandstone Black StyleSwap covers?

charliechrap, sini and Pedro like this.
  7. Pedro

Pedro , Sep 17, 2014 :
    THIS

8. dragon2777
    Jelly Bean Sep 17, 2014

dragon2777 , Sep 17, 2014 :
    I'm disappointed but no one should be pissed because something that honestly isn't that important isn't being released. I understand upset because honestly I really wanted them but that didn't really account for the original post

9. JDane07

JDane07 , Sep 17, 2014 :
    Once I get my iphone, I'm selling my one to create a Moto X. Well done OP. You officially suck in my book.

10. OW3N111
    Jelly Bean Sep 17, 2014

OW3N111 , Sep 17, 2014 :
    For God sake, so how you making your money from accessories now then? .......

I want a kevlar one !!!

11. MIYANO+

MIYANO+ , Sep 17, 2014 :
    not OK.
    the swappable covers played an important role for many users in deciding to get this phone, moreover if we would have known this before, we could have taken this into account and handled our devices more carefully from the start, now that there will be no option to replace the back.

but at least, good hopes for the TWO.

12. lazieye

13. reddragon09
    Gingerbread Sep 17, 2014

reddragon09 , Sep 17, 2014 :
    You wanted a phone so you could swap its back casing? That seems like a dumb deciding factor to choose to buy a phone. The secound part, I totally agree an understand though.

14. MIYANO+

MIYANO+ , Sep 17, 2014 :
    no i didn't . that's not what my post says.

15. BlueOcean
    Froyo Sep 17, 2014

16. reddragon09
    Gingerbread Sep 17, 2014

reddragon09 , Sep 17, 2014 :
    ok instead of you, you said "many users" still same idea. either way if thats why people choose to buy a new phone over another, because they can change the backing. I dont think thats a good reason..:confused:

17. MadOx75
    Gingerbread Sep 17, 2014

MadOx75 , Sep 17, 2014 :
    Ok, I realize everyone is bummed out about this, I am too. But in all honesty, its not like the back cover was an additional case or protection or anything, it was a replacement back. So if you want to change the visual look of your phone, why not get one of the many skins that they have on Amazon? When I first got my Nokia Lumia I got the CarbonArmor for the back of it... Added a nice bit of scratch protection and made the phone more visually interesting. I realize that for people like myself who were looking for wood that the skins aren't going to have that nice texture, but the look is there, and the price is a lot less expensive (at least the stuff on Amazon. GhostArmor is a bit pricey).

Anyway, just a thought for those looking to change styles.

18. domi39
    KitKat Sep 17, 2014

domi39 , Sep 17, 2014 :
    Thanks for the update

19. mrbearbear

mrbearbear , Sep 17, 2014 :
    In his post, the link posted shows how to get other covers. Sadly, only the sandstone will be available

20. aguyisok

aguyisok , Sep 17, 2014 :
    dang... i was looking forward to the bamboo cover, can you put me on the list for the bamboo cover that already produced @Carl