Not open for further replies.
  1. wmm
    KitKat Aug 12, 2014

wmm , Aug 12, 2014 :
    Fully agree.

2. lichink
    Gingerbread Aug 12, 2014

lichink , Aug 12, 2014 :
    The problem is that you have a public that wants to buy your phone already. In a consuming society like today, people don't wait more than a month to buy something that is already out(like this phone). Some understand the invite system is necessary, but it sucks.
    And then you make a contest that is only for 1/10 of the members wanting to buy the phone.
    You can't make something that so openly deny allot more than half your forum member/supporters.
    As more time passes and you still do not launch the phone, the more this things will happen. People will start complaining allot more and start leaving.

3. dgilford
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 12, 2014

4. harshadkmishra

harshadkmishra , Aug 12, 2014 :
    They didn't take a moral stand. They kowtowed to a loud, self righteous minority.

treefiddy likes this.
  5. tokarthik
    Gingerbread Aug 12, 2014

tokarthik , Aug 12, 2014 :
    The media already did the damage of branding this contest as Sexist. But its better to avoid these negative publicity.

6. childofthehorn
    Eclair Aug 12, 2014

childofthehorn , Aug 12, 2014 :
    [​IMG]

Epifany likes this.
  7. Nightkoala
    Honeycomb Aug 12, 2014

Nightkoala , Aug 12, 2014 :
    It was not a bad idea. If there was one for both male and female then there wouldn't be any complaints.

whitecalvus likes this.
  8. dayanandgp
    Gingerbread Aug 12, 2014

dayanandgp , Aug 12, 2014 :
    @Carl the press is blowing everything out of facts..ofcourse you did a mistake and few people took it wrong way. but thats how anybody learns. Its good to see you acccepting your fault and trying to get a feedback. My first suggestion would be to issue a release to all those online news articles and clear your stand .... And seriously , please take few hours to think of all things that go wrong if you decide to start something.... we call it " Failure mode Effect Analysis " in engineering world :)

9. Mettek
    Eclair Aug 12, 2014

Mettek , Aug 12, 2014 :
    Shame about the contest o_O. I thought it was an awesome idea! Some people are just too sensitive and complain about everything. if you don't like the contest, don't enter.. it's simple. Just my opinion though.:D

kimyork likes this.
  10. juanardeparis
    Eclair Aug 12, 2014

juanardeparis , Aug 12, 2014 :
    Yeah, I read The Verge daily, and I almost always like their articles, but i think they got it wrong this time :/

harshadkmishra likes this.
  11. xxbryan2
    Donut Aug 12, 2014

xxbryan2 , Aug 12, 2014 :
    I think this contest would of been a success if the ladys with the most likes got the chance to "win" at no cost a phone..my wife wanted to do it (sexy of course) but after she told me that its to win an invite, I told her not to..it isn't worth it..if I wanted just an invite I can buy one from craigslist for $10 and spend 300 to buy the phone..Oneplus needs to stop with the invites and get on the open to public wagon..otherwise as soon as note 4,nexus 6,iPhone 6 comes out they will be the thing of the past..in the end the new software and new technology will win over price..I'm a tech geek and can't wait to have the new phones once they arrive..

12. AwakeForever

13. venceslau
    Eclair Aug 12, 2014

venceslau , Aug 12, 2014 :
    Seems like a campaign Samsung did some time ago when they ask people they wishes for the year 2013 and some portuguese girl said she wanted a prada bag or something, everybody went crazy here in portugal on the social networks...it also increased the brand notability for weeks...Can go both ways.... don't ask me about Pepsi and Cristiano Ronaldo lool :D keep it up by the way

14. Theendgamelv3
    Froyo Aug 12, 2014

Theendgamelv3 , Aug 12, 2014 :
    The contest was fine, you should have just changed it to any woman who posted a picture instead of a vote system.

Fenderluvr and kimyork like this.
  15. skhaan
    Honeycomb Aug 12, 2014

skhaan , Aug 12, 2014 :
    It was the right decision to take it down. I believe the contest was created with good intentions but wasn't thought out all too well considering the approach and the nature of the contest. And the thread itself was disastrous :(
    Anyways, looking forward to my prize :)

16. gmgriffin
    Jelly Bean Aug 12, 2014

gmgriffin , Aug 12, 2014 :
    Popping up is one of the things I do best.

17. mandylee
    Honeycomb Aug 12, 2014

mandylee , Aug 12, 2014 :
    I feel exactly the same !

Martin Hotmann likes this.
  18. chosen1
    Gingerbread Aug 12, 2014

chosen1 , Aug 12, 2014 :
    Once these girls around us boys see this out of the worlds OPO;in our hands, they will come here running like anything and then will get connected to OP......
    That's the best and the truth I know about girls....

19. ikutoisahobo

ikutoisahobo , Aug 12, 2014 :
    Thanks for the clarification. Also delete the tweet on your twitter account, it still says about the ladies contest.

20. megjenrod
    Donut Aug 12, 2014

megjenrod , Aug 12, 2014 :
    Carl, I understand your reasons for taking down the contest but I wanted to let you know that I had fun participating in it and that I think OnePlus is a forward thinking company with unique ways of getting people involved and building a community around that. It really is cool to see a brand building a movement centered around user driven feedback and allowing the customers to be a part of the entire process. For that I thank you and your team!

Thanks,

Megan