Answered regrading new phone in recovery mode

1. F_Venkat_Prasanna_vKKr
    Cupcake Jun 3, 2020

F_Venkat_Prasanna_vKKr , Jun 3, 2020 :
    respected members,

as I am coming from iOS platform. this was my first Android experience. took one plus 7t and I unboxed it and phone is in recovery mode. I tried rebooting it but it always came to recovery mode. tried contacting one plus customer support but not getting connected. as I had few idea I wiped cache and checked still same. then I wiped partition then it booted. is it normal for a new phone switching in recovery and fastboot mode. is it new phone or used refurbished or returned phone. I buyer from one plus store.

2. harshil1903
    Jelly Bean Jun 3, 2020

3. F_Venkat_Prasanna_vKKr
    Cupcake Jun 3, 2020

what should I do now. I have emailed to OnePlus support team waiting for reply

4. ɢноѕтΘпе
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert Jun 3, 2020

5. Horsault
    Nougat Moderator Jun 3, 2020

Horsault , Jun 3, 2020 :
    Which partition did you wipe???
    Also, please note your device will always boot in recovery mode if you hold Vol- while pushing ON button. Maybe it's what you did unwillingly and would explain why 1st boot was in recovery mode.

6. F_Venkat_Prasanna_vKKr
    Cupcake Jun 3, 2020

even I had that doubt but I chose option of reboot but it still kept entering to recovery mode. once I wiped system data which includes user data n all then it booted normally. my doubt is was this device used or was it by mistake I don't understand. now it works fine but should I return it back or what to do no idea

7. F_Venkat_Prasanna_vKKr
    Cupcake Jun 3, 2020

8. Horsault
    Nougat Moderator Jun 3, 2020

Horsault , Jun 3, 2020 :
    If you purchased from official OnePlus store, be sure you received a brand new device.
    During manufacturing process, phones are fully tested one by one, then their system is erased again before packaging. Unfortunately, sometimes this erasing isn't performing well.
    In the past, if you search on the forums, you'll find some OP2 or OP3 users complained because they received a device still hosting test pics taken along factory chain to test components.
    OnePlus increased QC. Unfortunately, due to current sanitary situation in India (all devices sold in India are manufactured in India by Indian users), there may be some flaws on manufacturing chains. Maybe the device you received wasn't erased correctly and passed through QC.

If you want to be completely sure, I advise you to download a full ROM from https://www.oneplus.in/support/softwareupgrade/details?code=PM1574161738631 and flash it, or to simply perform a factory reset.

9. F_Venkat_Prasanna_vKKr
    Cupcake Jun 3, 2020

thank you for the reply. right now it's working fine . even one update I have installed. yesterday during boot had heating issue guess everything is fine . still if u insist I will flash the ROM. personally I feel everything fine. just wanted to know if there is any mistake or I received any faulty phone. as u explained if that's case it's fine and I am ok with it . thank you

Sun90 likes this.
  10. Sun90

Sun90 , Jun 3, 2020 :
    If the phone is working fine, then leave it that way
    No need to install any thing afresh.
    Also you need to plan future updates ( when they are available).
    Never use the phone the normal way as soon as you install it.
    Since the OS needs time to optimize.
    So best to update the phone and leave it on charge for a while and not use it .

11. F_Venkat_Prasanna_vKKr
    Cupcake Jun 3, 2020

Ty for the response . ya I knew phones do get heat up and it's normal. just because it was in recovery mode I had a doubt. ya I have installed the update till now battery back up is good and even I don't feel any heating issue. thank you once again everyone

Sun90 likes this.
  12. Sun90

Sun90 , Jun 3, 2020 :
    Welcome.

Enjoy your new phone.

Any questions / information you seek in future can be addressed in here or in the device specific section.