rejecting calls closes apps

1. vdub12 Cupcake May 25, 2019

vdub12, May 25, 2019 :
    whenever I get a call or do anything with the phone at all it closes all the apps I have running. so if I'm doing something and a call comes in and I reject it the thing I was doing goes away. this is getting extremely annoying. for instance yesterday I was trying to use GPS to find a customer's house and A call came in and I rejected it and my GPS closed. something like this could literally cause an accident. having to take my attention off the road so I can get GPS open again.

NIKHIL_ROHILLA likes this.
  2. NIKHIL_ROHILLA Eclair May 26, 2019

NIKHIL_ROHILLA, May 26, 2019 :
    yes I am also having this problem with my OP6 6/64GB
    Also when I checked my ram usage it showed me using 4.8 average. This average usage got increased as compared to previous average usage back in days. I am deciding whether I should reset my phone or not. This issue appeared after recent OTA update, may be that triggered this issue

3. vdub12 Cupcake May 26, 2019

vdub12, May 26, 2019 :
    my phone is literally brand new. I just got it a few months ago. however, this problem also happened right after the last update. I just didn't notice it right away.

4. NIKHIL_ROHILLA Eclair May 26, 2019

5. vdub12 Cupcake May 26, 2019

vdub12, May 26, 2019 :
    if you do end up resetting it to factory settings let me know how it works out. I spend way too much time setting my phone up to want to do that if it doesn't fix the problem.

6. NIKHIL_ROHILLA Eclair May 26, 2019

NIKHIL_ROHILLA, May 26, 2019 :
    Sure! But will inform you after 2 or 3 days observing it, noticing any improvement or consistency in issues.

vdub12 likes this.
  7. vdub12 Cupcake May 26, 2019

vdub12, May 26, 2019 :
    thanks

8. NIKHIL_ROHILLA Eclair May 29, 2019

NIKHIL_ROHILLA, May 29, 2019 :
    Resetted my OP6, I was using pixel launcher before and after the reset, app crashes kept their stand but when I moved to my old stock launcher, issue resolved!
    I don't know why this issue happened suddenly after recent update, never happened before. I think need to use my stock launcher until this Ram management issue resolve in next OTA.
    So, I suggest to move back to stock launcher if anybody is using other launcher overlay.
    Will keep this problem up to date even after next OTA

9. vdub12 Cupcake May 29, 2019

vdub12, May 29, 2019 :
    I'm using Nova launcher. is it any replacement launcher that's causing the problem or just the pixel launcher? I wonder if I made Nova a system app if it would resolve the issue?

10. NIKHIL_ROHILLA Eclair May 29, 2019

Sorry sir, I couldn't find any other third party launcher which is/ are not causing the issue. I think using any third party launcher as overlay putting load on RAM and thus Oxygen OS not able to manage that so I recommend to continue to use stock launcher as primary. If I could able to find any other launcher, I will keep posted up in forums.
    :)

11. vdub12 Cupcake May 29, 2019

vdub12, May 29, 2019 :
    do you have any more info on this problem?

12. NIKHIL_ROHILLA Eclair May 29, 2019

I think Recent Update causing RAM management problem as before this update I haven't faced any issue. Only options remaining is to wait further for next OTA until that use stock launcher. Or We can root our phone to make any custom changes in system.

13. vdub12 Cupcake May 29, 2019

vdub12, May 29, 2019 :
    you know, doing a little bit more reading on this issue I don't think it's the same issue that I'm having. my apps aren't actually getting taken out of memory. they just lose focus. for instance if I'm responding to somebody on Facebook and a call comes in, when I push reject on the call my phone goes back to the home screen. when I open Facebook up it's in the same place that it was when I left it. it just loses focus and the phone goes back to the home screen no matter what.

14. NIKHIL_ROHILLA Eclair May 29, 2019

It is the same problem I am experiencing, Your launcher is forcefully starting up itself because launcher is default for home screen, Oxygen OS is main launcher running in background. Both launcher Simultaneously running results in crashing of app. Your app present state is already written as a cache form so it resumes where ever you left when you specifically open it in recent screen.

15. vdub12 Cupcake May 29, 2019

vdub12, May 29, 2019 :
    so then do you think it would help if I froze the stock launcher?

16. NIKHIL_ROHILLA Eclair May 29, 2019

You cannot disable stock launcher until you remove it through system level by rooting your phone. Without rooting you can only use Stock apps and services, third party apps runs on your OS and your stock launcher.

17. vdub12 Cupcake May 29, 2019

vdub12, May 29, 2019 :
    my phone is rooted.

18. NIKHIL_ROHILLA Eclair May 29, 2019

Yes then you can remove your stock services and make third party launcher as system apps as it give access to system and kernel level.

19. NIKHIL_ROHILLA Eclair May 29, 2019

You need to use ADB from your PC to modify services.