Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Impersonal
    Jelly Bean Feb 27, 2020

Impersonal , Feb 27, 2020 :
    20200227_142455_0000.png

"Come for the Coffee, stay for the Cats !"
    @YRJ

Miau - Miau !

Coffee is probably the best reason for aliens to come visit, the dark, bitter-sweet nectar is probably the best thing we have on this decaing planet, coffee is delicious, inclusive, and drinked all over, by everyone ! Judging by the cool avatars, many of our fellow AWESOME Community users sport, some are quite passionate about it.

Cats are, probably the closest thing we have to aliens, also as you know, the Internet, is basically build by photos, videos, memes of them purring mischievous creatures, they also have a inexplicable link to coffee, probably because cat-owners are woken atleast once a night by random cat activity... I won't even touch on Kopi Luwak, mainly because of it's price :D

Recently one of my favorite spots in the City was closed, it was one of those Cat Café House, a place where you could access both a good coffee and interact with the beautiful beasts. The atmosphere there was special, and the purpose of this thread is to recreate that, together, in a virtual way, wright here on our beloved forums... Real life is anyways overated !

So fellow Coffee and Cat Lovers, Unite !

The Rules of the Thread are simple, pour yourself a cup of your favorite coffee, come here, forget about everything else, close all tabs.... Relax, and while you enjoy your drink, scroll down through the endless stream of cat photos, videos, memes that we will build together, think of it as.. a positive Zen place, where you can recharge your batteries, both physicaly with the intake of the magical coffee and mentally, destressing while your brain is bombarded with the pure essence of cuteness...

I encourage you to post (obviously, besides the already mentioned Cat photos, videos, memes) stuff related to Coffee culture, which is your favorite, do you own a special mug, where's your favorite place, do you have a secret recipe worth billions, etc etc etc

This will hopefully be a FUN place so respect others, by respecting the forum rules

Disclaimer: even if you may think I made this thread just to post pictures of Itzal, or to finally see @Cheetosdust's cat, this is not just another pet thread, we have quite a few of those and I encourage you to visit them:

Take Care and, Just Chill !

Ps: if bear BEER is more of your thing visit this great thread by another cat entusiast @LightningXIII , that amoung others things, like the private exchange of cat pictures with my cat's madrina @B.I.T.S. and others, influenced and inspired this one.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2020

script, cdnfarmer, sommersy and 16 others like this.
  2. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer Feb 27, 2020

script, Bouncer71, puccellino and 7 others like this.
  3. Impersonal
    Jelly Bean Feb 27, 2020

Hehe you've managed to summarize perfectly, the ideea behind the thread, this should definitely be the motto, thanks !

I like my coffee how I like my cats, small, black and faisty !

I know you don't particularly like felines, hopefully this thread will change your mind ;)

script, Bouncer71, puccellino and 7 others like this.
  4. B.I.T.S.
    User of the Year 2019 Feb 27, 2020

B.I.T.S. , Feb 27, 2020 :
    Oh my! Cats and coffee, coffee and cats... And this just made me think about a friend's dog called Coffee, how inconveniently awkward :rolleyes:

This is gonna be long, so I better go grab a coffee in my favorite mug (yes I do have one of those that was bought in Salzburg's Ikea and packed carefully in my bag when I returned home).

Back then, in Salzburg, I was addicted to latte machiato since we had a heavenly tool to make extremely creamy milk. Then I added a bit of brown sugar, mostly for the cream, so when grabbing it with the spoon had the perfect crunchiness.

After that I started adding honey to coffee with a bit of milk. It might sound weird but tastes great!

I had a period where I drank coffee without any sweet element. But right now, along with my mid day pincho de tortilla I have what we call in Spain "café bombón" which is half coffee half condensed milk. If you haven't tried this... Well, don't. Or you'll be lost forever!

Now... Cats. I must share this curious creepy thing. This web page: "I know where your cat lives". The creator of this site grabs internet photos and geolocates them in a world map. Funnily enough, there's a photo I shot years ago of a stray cat taking a sun bath. As I said... It is creepy :rolleyes:
    Be careful when you upload your photos my dear kids.

Now, to end this looooooong message, I'll share one of my favorite street photos, that, curiously has a cat in it. And I want to think that its owner was having a coffee at that exact moment... :D

Screenshot_20200227-153308.jpg

Ah... I can feel this is just the start of a great interesting fun cute awesome thread. Well done my dear @Impersonal!!

P.S. I also hope that this is where we finally meet @Cheetosdust cat, I've been wanting to see a photo of her since he mentioned he has one :rolleyes:

script, sommersy, luxuskamel and 11 others like this.
  5. LightningXIII
    Community Veteran Feb 27, 2020

6. LightningXIII
    Community Veteran Feb 27, 2020

LightningXIII , Feb 27, 2020 :
    Excuse meeee. @Cheetosdust why have you never told me you had a cat!!!

7. anismail2001
    Honeycomb Feb 27, 2020

8. B.I.T.S.

9. Starcommander
    Lollipop Feb 27, 2020

Starcommander , Feb 27, 2020 :
    Waoh....
    @Wonderwoman13 this is a thread for u

10. G_plusone
    Marshmallow Feb 27, 2020

11. Wonderwoman13
    KitKat Feb 27, 2020

Wonderwoman13 , Feb 27, 2020 :
    Woww!! Thankyou for this thread!!! 😻😻 May the purr be with you.;)
    And I totalllllyyyy love the header pic!!! Meoww meowww! Thaaat eyes! Damn!! 😍😍

And also, those animated shows reminded me of 'snowbell'. The pretty-but-evil kitty from the movie Stuart little (though not animated😋). Such a perfect catactor!:p
    images (47).jpeg

My boooooo....lovely shot! That cat is soooo prettyyyy!!!😍😍😍😍😍 the owner is so lucky.😏

I have a feeling that the cat might have got a sudden urge to pounce on that man and would have also plotted different ways to attack him at that very moment.🤣

And yusssss, @Cheetosdust we want to see your not-orange-at-all gato (yes, I remember you told that your cat isn't orange like you:p)!!! We need his picture! We wanna be his friends!:p:cool:
    Thanks for getting me here, Tara! ;)

12. Starcommander
    Lollipop Feb 27, 2020

Starcommander , Feb 27, 2020 :
    My favorite 😍 😍 😍

13. Wonderwoman13
    KitKat Feb 27, 2020

Wonderwoman13 , Feb 27, 2020 :
    Mine as well!!;)
    I used to wait for the scenes in which snowbell comes...even if he was mischievous.:p

14. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Feb 27, 2020

Cheetosdust , Feb 27, 2020 :
    There you go, in Black & White and everything. I'm sure she wants to be friends with all of you too. :cool:

Pirandi.jpg

15. otto2
    Photography Expert Feb 27, 2020

otto2 , Feb 27, 2020 :
    Cats? Yummy, very good for my Coffee - instead of some boring sweets... IMG_20200216_014023_001.jpg

script, luxuskamel, Anshu3110 and 7 others like this.
  16. B.I.T.S.

B.I.T.S. , Feb 27, 2020 :
    Thank you my boo ლ(ꈍωꈍლ)

I thought that too... The cat was indeed planning all ways to destroy that human with its claws :D

Daaaaaaaamn, she's a model!!! :eek:

And in black and white, purrrrrrfect.

Thank you Chetito, I can cross one thing from my list "before I die" :p

17. BeingIncog
    Nougat Feb 27, 2020

BeingIncog , Feb 27, 2020 :
    Chhhhhhhhoooooooooooooo Keeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwtttttttttttttttttttttt!!!

18. Impersonal
    Jelly Bean Feb 27, 2020

@B.I.T.S. wow, AMAZING photo (as per usual), great story and the "café bombòn" sounds interesting and tasty 🤪 !

Some photos of ITZAL from the header making "photoshoot" :

IMG_20200227_134742_001.jpg

IMG_20200227_134941_001.jpg

IMG_20200227_135008_001.jpg

IMG_20200227_135040_001.jpg

photos taken with the mighty 6T, G-cam, and obviously compressed with the best app for the job, @hennes's legendary YalmCo

Last edited: Mar 5, 2020

19. otto2
    Photography Expert Feb 27, 2020

20. SoniaB
    Nougat Senior Moderator Feb 27, 2020

SoniaB , Feb 27, 2020 :
    This was my catto:

Tiger bowl.jpg

RIP Tiger. Always loved.

There is a cat cafe in Glasgow called Purple Cat Cafe, which seems pretty similar to the cafe you mention in your start post @Impersonal