Reluctant to Order OnePlus 3 with Rumors About A3010. Advice?

1. nashi316
    Jelly Bean Oct 19, 2016

nashi316 , Oct 19, 2016 :
    Can u give link where it is mentioned about A3010 ? I think there is new model in OP3.

2. RobTheCarSpotter
    Froyo Oct 19, 2016

RobTheCarSpotter , Oct 19, 2016 :
    Okay. I know people are understandably loosing patience with me so i will make this quick. First of all, i apologise if anyone has become upset by my inability to come to a decision about this, i couldn't help but notice a few 'enraged' responses. I have been a complete nuisance, and i have also given myself a headache trying to decide what to do about this! After reading the helpful contributions here i have 100% decided that the OnePlus 3 is the right phone to choose, and i should quit waiting about and order it immediately! If this updated 'A3010' model comes out and i regret it, then i can always return the OP3 providing it's within 15 days. Somehow i don't think that will happen regardless.

I went onto the order page and clicked the button which says 'Buy Now' but it seems the Soft Gold model is out of stock, and the Graphite version has a 13 day wait at the moment. Yes, i know... It's my own fault for not coming to a decision sooner, but at least i'm sure now and won't spend the next few months wondering whether i made the right decision. I have already signed up for the email notifications so once the Soft Gold model comes back in stock, i can place the order straight away. In the meantime it seems, the only choice will be to wait it out until the stock is replenished.

3. stephenboyo
    KitKat Oct 19, 2016

stephenboyo , Oct 19, 2016 :
    You might be living in an illusion. Think about it...

4. DanCtoo
    Honeycomb Oct 19, 2016

DanCtoo , Oct 19, 2016 :
    I think you act the same in choosing a girlfriend, poor girls :blush:
    Just buy the phone...

RobTheCarSpotter likes this.
  5. Scherpenseel
    KitKat Oct 19, 2016

Scherpenseel , Oct 19, 2016 :
    Maybe an addition to your rumor that could help: IF there is will be a new OP3 version I think it will most probably be a regular LCD screen instead of it begin AMOLED as they have a huge shortage on the AMOLED screens because Samsung limits the distribution. So while the CPU could get an upgrade the screen (in my opinion, some say AMOLED is worse) will be a downgrade.

My advise: Don't think to much about better phones coming out, this will be a daily fact. Just buy the thing you want (in this case you will love the OP3).

6. malidan
    Nougat Oct 19, 2016

malidan , Oct 19, 2016 :
    Yep screen is better i've seen them both. Camera better yep no wobble,OIS works,more functions = better end product.
    Sorry:oops:
    Do you know that even in 2016 most of the current cameras ain't even as good as last years S range

ilovesoneplus likes this.
  7. RobTheCarSpotter
    Froyo Oct 19, 2016

Haha yep, i know. I'm a bugger for putting too much thought into these decisions, it's the same whenever i'm looking into buying a new camera, laptop or phone. At least now, i'm relieved that i have finally decided to order the OnePlus 3 when it becomes available!

Thanks for the kind and helpful contribution, i appreciate it. This is something i was thinking about, despite what Carl Pei has already said regarding OnePlus not switching to LCD screens. Until the new device comes out i don't know whether to 100% believe this will indeed be the case, so you raise a good point. I have never had experience with AMOLED screens before as my previous devices have been the G4, OPO and Moto G which all use LCD, but from what i've heard AMOLED is supposed to be very impressive and the Ambient Display mode looks like a cool feature, as well as all the other battery saving benefits!

The G4 was a great phone but for me there was something missing... It's hard to explain, but this phone didn't feel like anything special in comparison with the OnePlus One. That's why i decided to make the switch back to OnePlus, because it's something people will notice and ask what is that? The camera on the G4 produced some fantastic shots, but from what i've heard the OP3 is still good at making decent photos, and i don't use the camera for anything important anyways because i have a DSLR for that.

8. Scherpenseel
    KitKat Oct 19, 2016

9. SimonRam
    Lollipop Oct 19, 2016

SimonRam , Oct 19, 2016 :
    Rob, I did the same, then bought one. It's a good phone, if it had the pixel's camera software it'd be an amazing phone.
    There's always something around the corner that will be better and cheaper, you could however always be waiting for it.
    Personally I don't think there's a variant of the op3 coming any time soon and even if there was with a new 821 the results in actual day to day use aren't ever going to be noticeable.
    Enjoy your phone, look on here for advice and try not to get too bitter and twisted mate!

10. RobTheCarSpotter
    Froyo Oct 19, 2016

Haha, that's a good question! I do a lot of 'spotting' mainly at shows like the Goodwood Festival of Speed, i'm sure you've perhaps heard of it before as it is probably the biggest show in the UK for us car enthusiasts. If you're interested, i have a YouTube channel under the same name with a few videos from my adventures, it might be worth checking out when you have some spare time!

Yep. I haven't seen the Pixel's camera software but i have heard good things about it, in fact i will search for it now and see whether there's some videos demonstrating the features! It's a shame that phone is so overpriced, and sad to see the Nexus line discontinued in placement for it. But i suppose that means all the Android enthusiasts have to migrate to OnePlus now which can only be a good thing! My only Nexus device was the 2012 Nexus 7 tablet and that was riddled with those 'ghost touch' problems. Also, like you said i doubt there will be much noticeable difference between SD820 and SD821 outside of benchmarks, and the SD820 can always be overclocked to match the SD821 as it is the same SoC with different clock speeds!

11. SimonRam
    Lollipop Oct 19, 2016

SimonRam , Oct 19, 2016 :
    There's a good video somewhere when the guy is walking down some stairs, amazing quality. Shite looking phone though:)

12. RobTheCarSpotter
    Froyo Oct 19, 2016

Ahh yeah, i found a link to that exact video on Reddit the other day. It's impressive stabilisation to say the least, a little 'bumpy' when turning but aside from that, quite remarkable! The actual phone could have been designed a bit better from an aesphetic point of view.

SimonRam likes this.
  13. Lord_Babass
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 19, 2016

Lord_Babass , Oct 19, 2016 :
    My personal guess is that this A3010 version is a version with more memory (maybe 128?). Not an upgrade with SD821 + LCD. @Carl wrote amoled>lcd and explained that they had increased their order for amoled even if the worldwide demand was exploding. I think they will stick to amoled.

In case, an upgraded version arrive, with SD821... So what, an increase in speed of 10-15% ? It won't change fundamentally the phone...

You should order now... (To be delivered in a month!!). If you wait, with Christmas approaching, you will have to wait longer, or choose another phone.............

SimonRam and RobTheCarSpotter like this.
  14. RobTheCarSpotter
    Froyo Oct 19, 2016

Thanks for the contribution! This is a great theory, i haven't heard anyone mention this before about a 128GB version but that would make sense. Maybe they would combine the SD821 into a device with 128GB of storage, but that would be well beyond my price range. While 128GB would be fantastic, i'm sure some careful consideration about what i choose to store on my OP3 would mean i'd be fine with 64GB. From all the rumours i've heard of far, this sounds quite a bit more likely.

As for ordering the phone, i am desperately waiting for them to come back in stock, at the moment the page has options for Graphite which says 'Ships Within 4 Weeks' and Soft Gold which says 'Out of Stock, Notify Me'. I was hoping for the Soft Gold version so i will have to wait and see what happens. It's a shame because i checked on Sunday and it said 'Ships Immediately', so silly me for not deciding sooner!

Lord_Babass likes this.
  15. pakumglobal
    Donut Oct 19, 2016

pakumglobal , Oct 19, 2016 :
    I am happy to own a One+ 3 as it can beat its competition within the price range. Choosing the best mobile is just like chasing a mirage. Every phone has its day and right now, One+ is ruling the mobile regime. Just go for it now!

16. Raimu
    Eclair Oct 22, 2016

Raimu , Oct 22, 2016 :
    You sound like an early upgrader. Get the regular 3, you'll switch in 12 months for something else.

17. 2pints
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 22, 2016

2pints , Oct 22, 2016 :
    Im in the porcess of looking for a new phone, ( currently own an ageing LG Nexus 5 ) and at the moment i have my sights set on the one plus 3.
    with the rumours of this new phone im looking to see if:
    Its released soon ( ie before December)
    Software updates for older one plus models - will the one plus 2 get android 7, also will the oneplus 3? if the older phones are updated then it will at least show that oneplus wont abandon older phones on older software when the next new thing comes out.

18. Goldfinger12345
    Froyo Oct 22, 2016

19. SimonRam
    Lollipop Oct 22, 2016

SimonRam , Oct 22, 2016 :
    +2 is scheduled for nougat it was reported yesterday by Carl.

20. Jamal751
    Honeycomb Oct 22, 2016

Jamal751 , Oct 22, 2016 :
    It would be nice if companies gave a official heads up that a new device was going to be released so people could decide on whether to wait, I know it doesnt make business sense but it would be kind to the customers and theyd get a lot of respect for it