Remix: Every other phone is dead to me. ( Linus Galaxy Fold )

1. malidan
    Marshmallow Sep 28, 2019

malidan , Sep 28, 2019 :
    Linus getting hyped on the future

Floss reviews the Fold a true tech enthusiatst manner.
    Feel the true excitement of having this device in hand, I love it.

Njoy:D Or Not:rolleyes:

Last edited: Nov 11, 2019 at 7:16 PM

2. ilovesoneplus
    Jelly Bean Sep 28, 2019

meatandy and malidan like this.
  3. Rusty NZ
    Marshmallow Sep 28, 2019

Rusty NZ , Sep 28, 2019 :
    It's hard to feel any love for such a fragile phone.

obakesan, Discostu and meatandy like this.
  4. malidan
    Marshmallow Sep 28, 2019

malidan , Sep 28, 2019 :
    Yeah whatever.:rolleyes:

You loved your OP2, a device many considered far too fragile to buy. Fans dodged that bullet and the company apologised for it.:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

meatandy likes this.
  5. malidan
    Marshmallow Sep 28, 2019

malidan , Sep 28, 2019 :
    A real fan of tech and a producer of real tech reviews.

meatandy and Loveit like this.
  6. Rusty NZ
    Marshmallow Sep 28, 2019

I thought this thread was about the fold?

Discostu and meatandy like this.
  7. meatandy
    Oreo Sep 28, 2019

meatandy , Sep 28, 2019 :
    I still think the Fold is interesting but overpriced and over rated.

Rusty NZ likes this.
  8. Rusty NZ
    Marshmallow Sep 28, 2019

Absolutely agree with you and there is still a huge question mark over it's durability.

meatandy likes this.
  9. Rusty NZ
    Marshmallow Sep 28, 2019

Probably best to keep the thread on topic. I shouldn't have to remind the OP of that. :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

But to put the record straight the fold couldn't even last a day before it failed on it's first release and the fold has failed on the 2nd release in the first day.

The OnePlus 2 has proven to be very tough and durable. It had plenty of shortcomings and failures but durability was definitely not one of them. This is a tech forum and it would be appreciated if you did not spread misinformation.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2019

10. malidan
    Marshmallow Sep 28, 2019

malidan , Sep 28, 2019 :
    Overpriced? I dunno I have no idea what has gone into making the device , but there is nothing over rated about a folding screen that will turn your phone into a tablet.

It's the future.;)

ilovesoneplus and meatandy like this.
  11. meatandy
    Oreo Sep 29, 2019

meatandy , Sep 29, 2019 :
    Not in my future , Not at the extravagant price tag, Unless I happen to win one of course.:p

Rusty NZ likes this.
  12. malidan
    Marshmallow Sep 29, 2019

malidan , Sep 29, 2019 :
    The tech always gets cheaper, that why OP now have( are you ready for it )
    QHD
    Edge
    Stereo speaker
    90hz
    Fast charge
    Amoled
    HDR10
    Etc, etc
    ;)
    The thing costs way more than i am prepared to pay, but that doesn't make it any less cool or the not too distant future of the industry.

meatandy likes this.
  13. Rusty NZ
    Marshmallow Sep 29, 2019

Rusty NZ , Sep 29, 2019 :
    I wouldn't even use one even if I was given one for free. Samsung has no credibility with the fold after it's disastrous first launch and there's plenty of evidence to suggest that they haven't solved all of the problems with the fold. It also looks like a first generation product and that front screen is straight out embarrassing for Samsung.

Time will tell if folding phones are the future or not but for now they definitely are not the future. At that price the uptake will be very small.

meatandy likes this.
  14. Rusty NZ
    Marshmallow Sep 29, 2019

Are there and further comments from anyone? Are folding phones the very near future?

Or is Samsung's effort at a folding phone a little premature? Is Samsung's effort ground breaking? Or is Samsung's effort a poorly conceived overpriced fragile, overrated and visibly flawed first generation product?

Has anyone watched the video in the first post? What do you think about the reviewers suggestion to wrap the phone in a cloth? Is a phone that needs to be wrapped in a cloth fit for purpose?

15. Rusty NZ
    Marshmallow Sep 29, 2019

16. Rusty NZ
    Marshmallow Sep 29, 2019

This durability test is interesting. Samsung warns that the phone isn't dust or water resistant, this appears to be a step backwards in my opinion especially when the screen has a hardness of soggy bread. Also one touch with a sharp point and your screen is dead.

The hinge still appears to have plenty of problems, just how does sand on top of the screen gets lodged inside the hinge? This phone really needs to be dust resistant.

Don't take this phone to the beach or put it in your pocket or use it anywhere where there is dust or dirt which pretty much rules out using this phone outside of your office or home. The phone should be fine if you leave it permanently on your office desk assuming you keep a spotless desk. ;)

17. [GG]
    Jelly Bean Sep 29, 2019

[GG] , Sep 29, 2019 :
    My last 3 phones have been Samsung devices ( S8+, Note 8, Note 9 ) and my next one will most probably be a Samsung phone again. Having said that, i would never even consider the Fold. I think it's just plain hideous and hate everything about it. In all honesty, if the Fold was $500 and the Note 10+ was $2000, i would buy the Note. Just my opinion.

Discostu, Rusty NZ and meatandy like this.
  18. Rusty NZ
    Marshmallow Sep 30, 2019

Rusty NZ , Sep 30, 2019 :
    I agree with with everything you said. I also have no problems with the note.

Discostu and [GG] like this.
  19. Loveit
    KitKat Sep 30, 2019

Rusty NZ likes this.
  20. Loveit
    KitKat Sep 30, 2019

Loveit , Sep 30, 2019 :
    I was about to start waffling but then realised I can't be bothered right now :D

Might carry on tomorrow

Rusty NZ likes this.