Remote Access to PC with OpenVPN

1. priasda
    Froyo Nov 9, 2014

priasda , Nov 9, 2014 :
    Hi,
    I'm trying to access my Windows 7 machine from OPO when I'm outside the home network.
    I've set up OpenVPN running at home and my mobile is connected to the VPN.
    But I'm unable to use standard remote desktop apps(e.g. Windows RDP or aRDP Free) to connect to Windows 7. Ideally it should work within the VPN as I'm able to use these apps when both my phone and PC are within the same home network. But they are not working when my mobile is using 3g/LTE.

I did use teamviewer which works perfectly fine. However I want to access my PC through openvpn

2. Uberlight
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 9, 2014

Uberlight , Nov 9, 2014 :
    That is definitely beyond my poor knowledge, but there are some cats here have astronomical knowledge feats in tech.

Blackadder-Confused-Look.gif

Boricua likes this.
  3. jdkc4d
    Eclair Nov 10, 2014

jdkc4d , Nov 10, 2014 :
    Let's try an eliminate some variables here. Can you connect to your home computer via the VPN from a computer outside your network?

Teamviewer does something else, as long as both parties have internet access, it allows that connection. If you cannot connect using a computer, I would say that your problem lies with your network configuration.

I trust you have setup your router/firewall/switch to allow traffic through? Are you using a dynamic DNS service?

4. priasda
    Froyo Nov 10, 2014

priasda , Nov 10, 2014 :
    I don't have any other PC to test that. However I was able to connect my OnePlusOne to the VPN while the mobile was on LTE. Router configuration has already been done.

5. FieldySnuts
    Cupcake Dec 14, 2014

6. Bigc221
    Honeycomb Dec 14, 2014

Chris Haidze likes this.
  7. Chris Haidze
    Honeycomb Dec 14, 2014

8. Nettwerk
    Gingerbread Dec 14, 2014

Nettwerk , Dec 14, 2014 :
    Port forwarding. More easy for beginners are Teamviewer. This is right choise for you.

9. andrew149
    Cupcake Dec 16, 2014

andrew149 , Dec 16, 2014 :
    LogMeIn and GoSupportNow are also excellent choices for easily setting up remote access sessions.

10. wilmarsaly
    Jelly Bean Dec 16, 2014