Removable battery on the OnePlus 6?

?

Do you hope that the OnePlus 6 will have a removable battery?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. antidanis
    Gingerbread Dec 20, 2017

antidanis , Dec 20, 2017 :
    Let me start off by saying that I love my 5T. It's a very welcome improvement in my life. The screen size is amazing, the software is clean and stable, and the camera fits my needs. It looks like OnePlus is maturing in a really good way. They are really listening to users - the headphone jack is just one example.

But, is it just me...or do some of you also wish that phones with removable batteries were not a thing of the past? I realize with over 100 gigs of storage, a microSD slot is kind of a waste of money and engineering, but am I really the only person who hopes that the OnePlus 6 will have a removable battery?

What else do you think the OnePlus 6 should have? Is a 2K screen just a battery drain or a must have? I'm personally willing to give it up for battery capacity and price savings. What do you think?

saad1957 and jcrben like this.
  2. NerdicEclipse
    Honeycomb Dec 20, 2017

NerdicEclipse , Dec 20, 2017 :
    I mean, I get 9 hours screen on time on my 5T and only have to charge it every other day. So I don't really see a need especially if build quality or the chance for water resistance would suffer.

A. Mack and antidanis like this.
  3. antidanis
    Gingerbread Dec 20, 2017

antidanis , Dec 20, 2017 :
    Yes. My problem is that my other phones have all been experiencing decreased battery performance after a year or a year and a half of use. It would be nice to be able to pop a new one in every year to keep things fresh.

Ed_88, Payaeb, Praty_28 and 1 other person like this.
  4. p0seidon94
    Gingerbread Dec 21, 2017

p0seidon94 , Dec 21, 2017 :
    I don't think it'll happen because everyone is crying for a waterproof IP rating and during these times it's impractical to go for a removable back.

kchawhan and antidanis like this.
  5. pH7
    Honeycomb Dec 21, 2017

pH7 , Dec 21, 2017 :
    I don't like the feel of phones with removable batteries. They feel cheap. I understand the benefits of removable batteries, batteries tend to go bad before the phone actually kicks the bucket. With all of that being said, I never intend to keep a phone active for more than 2 years...

Predict23 and antidanis like this.
  6. antidanis
    Gingerbread Dec 21, 2017

antidanis , Dec 21, 2017 :
    Makes sense. How do you feel about a bigger battery at the expense of a slightly thicker and heavier phone...like 4000mah or something?

7. antidanis
    Gingerbread Dec 21, 2017

That's true. I guess they're already playing with the waterproof rating...at least from the teardown videos showing rubber around the power connector, etc.

8. p0seidon94
    Gingerbread Dec 21, 2017

p0seidon94 , Dec 21, 2017 :
    Exactly.

9. pH7
    Honeycomb Dec 21, 2017

pH7 , Dec 21, 2017 :
    Been thinking about that more after watching MKBHD's 2017 phone awards. I've never used a Zero Lemon case and I haven't purchased a battery pack because I'm always in my car. But the 5T, with it's larger screen in a small body makes me think a bigger body and a bigger screen and battery would be awesome. My Nexus 6P feels huge now but I grew accustomed to it beforehand. What you're suggesting could be the future of phones. I know of only 2 phones on the market right now with 4000mAh batteries: Razer and Mate 10(?). The later doesn't have great battery life I hear though.

antidanis likes this.
  10. antidanis
    Gingerbread Dec 21, 2017

Agreed. The Razer looks awful though. The 5T actually looks nice. There has to be a happy medium somewhere. I had to give up my 6P because of battery issues. It was dying by 7pm. The high res screen probably didn't help. That's why I'm so concerned about the battery. It happened to me twice already. Perfectly fine phone, battery starts dying and replacing it is a major headache.

pH7 likes this.
  11. pH7
    Honeycomb Dec 21, 2017

pH7 , Dec 21, 2017 :
    The Nexus 6P is known for bad batteries. I gotta remember to send mine back to Hauwei to get it fixed under warranty. I've had it just under 2 years and the battery started dying prematurely 2 months ago.

antidanis likes this.
  12. vamsireddy2270
    Donut Dec 21, 2017

vamsireddy2270 , Dec 21, 2017 :
    if you would like to change your battery you can do it even on your one plus 5t by just watching some videos on you tube of 'jerry rig everything' channel.

13. antidanis
    Gingerbread Dec 21, 2017

True. I'm always skeptical with aftermarket batteries though.

14. F_Surendran_Ganeshan_uzL
    Eclair Dec 21, 2017

simon_s and ethansuleman like this.
  15. ethansuleman
    Honeycomb Dec 21, 2017

ethansuleman , Dec 21, 2017 :
    With a removable battery, the oneplus 6's battery will be affected. I'd rather have dash charge. And possibly a dash charge power bank would be nice

16. antidanis
    Gingerbread Dec 21, 2017

Agreed! I really love dash charge and would love to have a power bank. I noticed that the actual wall plug gets really warm when dash charging the phone. Is that why they don't have a power bank? Maybe it would get too hot while charging?

TheHoneyBoy and deathrodamus like this.
  17. antidanis
    Gingerbread Dec 21, 2017

What do you mean? It would be the same size as a non-removable one, no?

18. simon_s
    Eclair Dec 21, 2017

simon_s , Dec 21, 2017 :
    This is a 5t forum. Any questions, concerns or requests about future OnePlus phones should be posted on appropriate thread where not only you will get a better engagement to the subject but you might have a chance of being heard by one of the many OnePlus developers that regularly monitor the forums.

Thank you for your cooperation

19. Baymax
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert Dec 21, 2017

Baymax , Dec 21, 2017 :
    the rubber around the connector is rather a shock absorber for plugging in and unplugging the device.[​IMG]

20. Baymax
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert Dec 21, 2017

Baymax , Dec 21, 2017 :
    The Razer Phone is gorgeous in my opinion... Sounds great, looks great... it is unique compared to every phone this year.[​IMG]