Remove TWRP and Relock bootloader on my 6t

1. TheAyushJain
    Honeycomb Dec 10, 2018

2. ih8tesn0w
    Cupcake Dec 11, 2018

3. GodKingOfCanada
    Gingerbread Dec 11, 2018

GodKingOfCanada , Dec 11, 2018 :
    no. you download a one plus 6t stock recovery. flash it via power shell or terminal, go to the directory the recovery image is in, type fastboot flash recovery recovery.IMG to install stock recovery, and fastboot OEM lock to lock the device. then once booted disable OEM unlock in settings if its still on.

4. Hydra Bob
    Marshmallow Dec 11, 2018

Hydra Bob , Dec 11, 2018 :
    That's fine for the old single slot devices, but on A/B devices like the 6t that's a recipe for a brick.

5. TheAyushJain
    Honeycomb Dec 11, 2018

TheAyushJain , Dec 11, 2018 :
    So what to do ?
    Also I haven't found stock recovery for 6t on the internet.

6. Hydra Bob
    Marshmallow Dec 11, 2018

The MSM download tool is the most foolproof way if there's one of those available for the 6t.

7. TheAyushJain
    Honeycomb Dec 11, 2018

TheAyushJain , Dec 11, 2018 :
    will it remove TWRP as well as relock bootloader in one go ?

8. GodKingOfCanada
    Gingerbread Dec 11, 2018

GodKingOfCanada , Dec 11, 2018 :

Hydra Bob

That's fine for the old single slot devices, but on A/B devices like the 6t that's a recipe for a brick.​

can't you just use switch active for dual slot devices? or can you elaborate please? my pixel xl is a/b and that method works. you have me worried now lol.

9. Hydra Bob
    Marshmallow Dec 11, 2018

Because there isn't a separate recovery partition anymore. Instead it's packaged as part of the boot image. Or at least that was the reasoning given to me when I asked why OP didn't make recovery images available for download anymore.

I suppose in theory you could flash the boot image for the same result, as long as you haven't made any modifications to the system or vendor partitions. But at that point it would be easier just to flash the entire ROM rather than trying to extract individual images from the package payload.

At any rate the MSM download tool is usually the recommended method for OP devices because it will flash all the partitions back to stock and relock the bootloader for you all in one fell swoop. It's basically impossible to screw up that way.

10. Carman00
    Gingerbread Dec 11, 2018

Carman00 , Dec 11, 2018 :
    flash your rom from local upgrade that should in theory change your recovery to stock one then boot it into bootloader and type in adb
    fastboot oem lock (wipes your stuff)