Rename Internet Shortcuts

1. dnblds
    Cupcake Dec 15, 2018

dnblds , Dec 15, 2018 :
    Looking to rename Internet Shortcuts on the OnePlus 6t screen. Not the APPs as this is already done. Specifically I would like to place shortcuts on my screen from Google Maps that are easy to recognize so I van quickly start up Maps and find the place. Also other shortcuts to Chrome browser.

2. elanglois
    Lollipop Dec 15, 2018

elanglois , Dec 15, 2018 :
    For the first, open maps, tap the location you want to place on your homescreen, tap directions, then the 3 dot overflow menu, then "Add Route To Homescreen".

The second is easier, open the page, then from the menu select "Add to Homescreen"

These can not be renamed

3. dnblds
    Cupcake Dec 15, 2018

dnblds , Dec 15, 2018 :
    yes I can add them to the home screen. it is renaming them on the homescreen which is the issue. when long pressing can only remove or get app info. But we can rename App shortcuts.

4. felipemendes
    Jelly Bean Dec 15, 2018

felipemendes , Dec 15, 2018 :
    Yes, Chrome shortcuts can be renamed. At least when they are created. I never checked afterwards.

5. dnblds
    Cupcake Dec 15, 2018

dnblds , Dec 15, 2018 :
    Found another way for contacts, add a shortcut for a contact instead of a place, that way we get a name instead of some random address.

However still cannot edit a shortcut to a website like you. can an APP. Would like to see an enhancement in Oxygen OS.