Renaming Folder Deletes the Contents via OnePlus 7

1. Rishi_Pisces
    Gingerbread Jan 19, 2020

Rishi_Pisces , via OnePlus 7 , Jan 19, 2020 :
    @Manu J.

I purchased OP7 in the month of September 2019 it came packed with Pie... Upgraded it to Android 10 when the Upgrade came... The issue is related to deletion of folder contents when a folder name containing an underscore is replaced with a space... You can replicate the issue by doing the following...

Go to File Manager -> Internal Storage -> Create a Folder "Audio_Book"... Now Put some Random MP3 and Other Video Files in this folder... Also if possible try to UNzip some random downloaded zipped file in this folder... make sure the MP3 MP4 and zipped files are above 10-30MB... Now change the folder name to "Audio Book"... heavier files automatically get deleted leaving the smaller files intact
    The issue is happening on OP7
    I reported the issue to customer care in India in October 2019 and they told me to visit Service Centre where they found that the issue was also happening on their Demo phone... subsequently they assured me that it will be resolved in subsequent updates but nothing happened, the issue still persists in 10.3.0... numerous calls to customer care, service centre, community, feedback tool went in vain!
    Kindly look into the matter share your thoughts if it happens on your OP7( not 7 pro)...
    Regards

Last edited: Jan 19, 2020