Sound Repair center is a joke......

1. bdantes70
    Cupcake Nov 2, 2019

bdantes70 , Nov 2, 2019 :
    I had an update to 9 and it borked my camera so it was unable to focus ever again. I contacted support and was told to send it in for camera replacement. I send it in and low and behold when I get it back the camera works but now the issue is when I talk on the phone I cannot hear anything out of the handset to my ear! I can hear out of speakerphone and bluetooth but not the handset. I have been back in contact with tier 2 support as to what they are going to do about this incompetence in "fixing" my phone and making me have to send it back out again to be repaired. When the camera was repaired it appears all they did was swap out the entire guts of my phone except the Midnight black backing. How hard would it have been to test out the phone to make sure it works properly before sending it out especially since basically the entire guts were replaced. I was asking then what they are going to do to make this incompetence up to me causing me to not have my phone for a 2nd time. I was told to wait 24 to 48 hours and I would get an email with a resolution to my issue. that time passes plus 1 day so I contact them again and once again was told to wait another 24 hours for said email that would make things right to me...... Guess what no email and its several days later and here I am again on chat trying to find out what they are going to do to make this right to me. One should not have to send a phone in more than once to have repairs on the phone in less than 1 weeks time. I was told by tier 2 to not RMA my phone a second time until I have said email sent to me and something made up to me for my inconvenience. All I want is my phone to work like it did before the update which was flawlessly but now I am loosing confidence in their service center all together. Now I'm told to wait yet again until Monday and was assured it will be resolved then.......... this is yet to be seen....... this is going on over 2 weeks and still not resolved.....

2. Paschfire , via OnePlus 3T Gunmetal , Nov 2, 2019 :
    Both these issues have nothing to do with the update, they're commonly reported HW issues of the 3/3T devices.

They also would have only change the rear camera module, not the "entire guts" as you stated.

otto2 likes this.
  3. bdantes70
    Cupcake Nov 6, 2019

bdantes70 , Nov 6, 2019 :
    Uhh yeah they they replaced the guts. My charge port is brand new looking and I noticed a small scratch that was on my screen is gone now but a scratch on my metal back was still there. Yes they replaced the entire board. Ant the speaker is not working now.

Oh by the way I still haven't had a resolution to this Nightmare of customer service. Still getting the runaround about they are waiting on Service center to make a decision on what they are going to do about this debacle. I cant call them and talk to a person on the phone I have to go through chat i was told which is absurd. The issues I had with the camera either or hardware or software was replaced but now the speaker is a goof up on their end regardless of what type of issue it was. It was working before I sent the phone in and now its not period!

4. bdantes70
    Cupcake Nov 7, 2019 at 2:46 AM

bdantes70 , Nov 7, 2019 at 2:46 AM :
    I have been back and forth for almost 2 weeks on the chat help and I am getting the runnaround. I sent my 3T in for camera replaced after it stopped focusing after the 9.0 update and was told that was a hardware failure. So I send it in and have it replaced. When I get it back now the speaker on the handset does not work. Every time I contact customer service I get the runnaround of that service center has not responded and they will escilate my case and make it a priority. Kinda sad that this was promised toe me EVERY TIME I HAVE CONTACTED THEM. Will this ever enc and get my phone fixed because they broke it? I really need to speak with someone in charge before I goto social media and let the dogs loose on this nightmare they caused and will not give it the attention I deserve.

5. pablofg1978
    Spanish POC Assistant Head Moderator Nov 10, 2019 at 6:20 PM

pablofg1978 , Nov 10, 2019 at 6:20 PM :
    Thread merged
    Please send me a pm wirh your ticket number and I will try to help you.
    Where do you live?