Other Repair Center issues, and OnePlus ignoring.

1. CoCayne469
    Donut Feb 16, 2020

CoCayne469 , Feb 16, 2020 :
    Hello everyone,

So I broke the back glass of my phone and sent it to OnePlus in TX. After a week they sent me the link to pay for, upon looking at it, they were charging me for a motherboard (nearly $200). Luckily I had recorded a video of the phone showing all cameras, screen, calls, wifi , everything worked fine, because after sending that in , they dropped the motherboard charge claiming that water damage is under the factory warranty. I paid and they sent it back.
    Now after receiving the phone back, the speaker is impossible to hear one, it sounds crunchy. I have been in contact with email support, but they kept sending me e-mails telling me that I missed their phone calls. That was a back and forth for a week , every day getting a e-mail saying " you missed our call" , I re inform them that I cannot speak on the phone due to the 'repair' and they copy paste the same e-mail. It has now been 5 days without a reply from the agent, I e-mail back every day to keep the ticket alive.
    Went to chat today, they basically said there is nothing that can be done. Do you guys know of any other avenue I can go for support to get my phone fixed? I have also contacted their twitter handles 'oneplus, oneplus_usa , oneplus_support, oneplus_india' and their ceo without any help. Any suggestions welcomed greatly. I am unable to call 911 for emergency services if I needed..

I have posted this here, Reddit, and Twitter. On Reddit, a 'oneplus' member replied, but only lied publicly saying that it was taken care of. I replied and you guys still don't respond. Twitter is full of ignoring. I have posted every day for a week now and still nothing, you guys reply to others. But I am putting in my case ID and getting no help! I might have to cancel my Tmobile service because of you guys 'repairing 'my phone. PLEASE HELP

Your e-mail support won't even e-mail me back now. I have to send an e-mail everyday so that it doesn't time out. It took me about 3 or 4 days to even get a response asking if they were getting my e-mails. This is an atrocious way to treat people.

CASE ID: 200201-003128

2. the_o2
    User of the Year 2018 Feb 16, 2020

the_o2 , Feb 16, 2020 :
    Hey mate,
    Check this thread
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/community-moderator-team-up.544839/

Here you find the Mods with Point of contact (POC) of country which they belongs, message them or tag him/her(the country you belongs) they are very helpful persons

drl431 likes this.
  3. CoCayne469
    Donut Feb 16, 2020

4. the_o2
    User of the Year 2018 Feb 16, 2020

5. superplus
    English POC Assistant Head Moderator Feb 16, 2020

superplus , Feb 16, 2020 :
    Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. I believe @SoniaB had assisted you on the previous case ID and has this video you made before sending it in.

Let me see if we can escalate this case for you, though just to confirm, you would like them to fix your phone, so the speaker works properly again, as it did before you originally sent it in?

Do you have another video of the current condition of the speaker?

Please note, as stated in your original thread (https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/repair-center-woes-lets-form-a-class-action.1171235) to another forum member that there might be some delay in the turnaround of escalations at the moment.

drl431, the_o2 and SoniaB like this.
  6. CoCayne469
    Donut Feb 17, 2020

CoCayne469 , Feb 17, 2020 :
    I am using my laptop , OnePlus did a really number on my phone.

7. CoCayne469
    Donut Feb 17, 2020

I want this phone replaced with a new one of the same model. I am unsure if they can even fix this one. I do not have a video of it. The screen randomly flashes at times when trying to unlock it. I have epilepsy and this has already caused some health issues. Mine NEVER did that before. I don't feel comfortable sending it in, as they lied before saying my phone was destroyed. Yet they also claim that water damage is covered under warranty.

If anyone has water damage ONEPLUS SAYS ITS COVERED BY WARRANTY, Yet your website states different. I just cannot trust thsi company. I either want this phone new again, or a refund. I have been unable to use my cell phone service for 2 months now, that is just wasted money. I am disabled , so having a working phone is a pretty big deal to me for my own safety.

8. CoCayne469
    Donut Feb 17, 2020

And the e-mail tech support for my case (CASE ID: 200201-003128) refuses to respond. I have to e-mail everyday to keep the case open. That is very pathetic customer service. Is that a typical thing for you guys to do? I get a response once ever 4 or 5 days. And that response is always short and never makes sense.

9. SoniaB
    Nougat Senior Moderator Feb 17, 2020

SoniaB , Feb 17, 2020 :
    @CoCayne469 I have escalated again on the back of your original escalation Case ID and provided your new case ID as per your this thread start post.

Edit: also please note that water damage is not covered under warranty. CS authorised a motherboard replacement at no cost to you and you paid for the cost of the back replacement and labor. For that to be processed, it's noted as an "in-warranty" repair, but essentially was to bypass the paid method.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2020

Caomhin and superplus like this.
  10. SoniaB
    Nougat Senior Moderator Feb 18, 2020

SoniaB , Feb 18, 2020 :
    @CoCayne469 I have received a response from the Escalations team.

I appreciate you may not want to send the device in again, but that may well be what is required for the above to happen.

CS escalation team will contact you direct

superplus and Caomhin like this.
  11. CoCayne469
    Donut Feb 24, 2020

CoCayne469 , Feb 24, 2020 :
    I just realized that I have been responding to the wrong thread, I've been trying the twitter route, if you look at @@OnePlus or @@oneplus_support you'll see i have been posting once a day for a while now, and they STILL don't contact me. Maybe once ever 4 days. But it is typically something generic and copy pasted that doesn't even pertain so the situation. This feels hopeless.

I still haven't gotten a single response or reply. This is pathetic e-mail support hasn't replied in 10 days, what happened to the 24-48 hours!? Twitter also stopped responding. I am at a complete loss of what to do. I am disabled and need a phone that works.

And now they have been reporting my tweets, and reporting my twitter handle to silence me.

12. CoCayne469
    Donut Feb 24, 2020

13. CoCayne469
    Donut Feb 24, 2020

CoCayne469 , Feb 24, 2020 :
    This has gone on way to long, no one will respond now, this is getting out of hand.

14. CoCayne469
    Donut Feb 25, 2020

CoCayne469 , Feb 25, 2020 :
    I will be cancelling my T-mobile service today, I have't been able to use it since I got my phone back. Thanks OnePlus! For ******* up a less than 1 year old device SO BADLY, that it cannot be used.