Other Repair Center Woes? Let's form a Class Action!

1. CoCayne469
    Donut Jan 14, 2020

CoCayne469 , Jan 14, 2020 :
    Hey guys, I know lots of you have been having issues with the repair center. I myself am currently in this situation. I sent in a phone with only the back cover broken, luckily I recorded a video of every feature working. Yet, They still won't respond and are about to send my phone back to me. The only way to make companies listen to the demands of the customers is for us to exercise our rights against businesses who don't follow through. I believe we together can stand together to make this company get their stuff together!

Does anyone else feel this way and agree something needs to be done to fix this repair center and trust us correctly?

OnePlusUser0001 likes this.
  2. RogerOriginals
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 14, 2020

RogerOriginals , via OnePlus 6T Mirror Black , Jan 14, 2020 :
    Firstly, you didn't explain what exact issue you have with the repair center. Secondly, class action lawsuit requires 30-40 members at minimum depending on the country where you're planning to file it, plus involvement of every person who's in that. So if you want to file one, I'll suggest you get in touch with all those members, get a class action lawyer, sign up participant names, case details, contact details, proof of poor service with all relevant docs and receipts and a lot of time at hand for the case.

Bouncer71 likes this.
  3. CoCayne469
    Donut Jan 14, 2020

I sent in the phone, and received a quote that they were going to charge me for a motherboard. There is no issue with the board only with the back glass. I have had a quote dispute going on for nearly a week with 0 responses. I have sent in proof the phone worked flawlessly and had 0 issues. I received an e-mail this morning stating the phone will be sent back in 48 hours if I don't pay the full amount. There have been 0 responses, and support says to "wait 24-48 hours for a response" Every single time I call..

4. SoniaB
    Nougat Senior Moderator Jan 14, 2020

SoniaB , Jan 14, 2020 :
    @CoCayne469 can you please PM me your case ID and I will escalate the case for you?

Can you also provide in the PM a shared link to your video evidence that everything else with the device was working fine?

Regards

5. CoCayne469
    Donut Jan 14, 2020

Thank you, I posted it in the proper place I believe, if not please let me know.

SoniaB likes this.
  6. SoniaB
    Nougat Senior Moderator Jan 14, 2020

SoniaB , Jan 14, 2020 :
    I got it. Will escalate immediately

Caomhin likes this.
  7. SoniaB
    Nougat Senior Moderator Jan 17, 2020

SoniaB , Jan 17, 2020 :
    @CoCayne469 CS Escalation team have confirmed that they are replacing the motherboard within warranty at no cost to you.
    You are paying for the replacement back cover and labor. They stated that you have agreed to this.

Please confirm back so I can close this case on my side.

8. SoniaB
    Nougat Senior Moderator Feb 14, 2020

SoniaB , Feb 14, 2020 :
    Hey. I have your case ID since you posted on my profile. I will escalate however, please note that due to the virus, it will affect response time from the China team

G_plusone likes this.
  9. notrob
    Cupcake Feb 14, 2020

notrob , Feb 14, 2020 :
    I made contact w/the repair company myself and was told that because Oneplus created an RMA for a motherboard and not a phone it has created a log jam. Oneplus has canceled the old RMA, but is saying they need the repair center to give them info to create a new RMA which makes no sense because Oneplus creates the RMA's. The supervisor I spoke w/last night on the phone was tripping over her "no update from repair center" words when I told her I did their job and contacted R2Dservices for them and got the update. Only then did she say "oh, i see a note about the RMA" zero trust or faith in this process and feel like I have been lied to by multiple people.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020

OnePlusUser0001 likes this.
  10. SoniaB
    Nougat Senior Moderator Feb 14, 2020

SoniaB , Feb 14, 2020 :
    I understand the frustration. All I can do is push for resolution.
    I will do my best

GeekOnTheHill and Caomhin like this.
  11. SoniaB
    Nougat Senior Moderator Feb 18, 2020

SoniaB , Feb 18, 2020 :
    Hey there

Escalations team have replied to me. Due to an internal system issue, the previous RMA was canceled. They have confirmed that they are working on your case to provide resolution. They will contact you direct

OnePlusUser0001 and Caomhin like this.
  12. Krwkrw42
    Cupcake Feb 18, 2020

Krwkrw42 , Feb 18, 2020 :
    Good I'm not the only one who seems to be scammed by OnePlus repair center. Screen busted, battery was damaged, screen turned from purple to black after the break and I ordered a new screen to repair myself but 3rd pty vendor sent a 1+ screen . Long story short, I decided to send my phone in cause I explained what happened before sending it in, OnePlus then replied to my explanation and said my phone was under warranty and to send it in. They paid for shipping and so here I am thinking my phone is covered after giving them a novel into what happened to my phone and they suckered me into dropping it in to the mailbox just to be told week later I owe 286 dollars and the phone is out of warranty, say what homie?????? That type of scandalous behavior is unacceptable and in that 286 dollar email, it said I had 48 hours to make a decision and if I don't respond phone will be sent back in same condition I sent it, NOT TRUE!! I am a phone collector so I didn't rush to make a 286 dollar decision and actually while waiting I bought a op 6, one in repair center was a 6t. Finally, I decide to see if they sent back to me 7 days after the 48 hour expiration and nope, still sitting in Texas repair center, so I bought the 6t, not paid for it but bought my already purchased phone back from the company that created the phone. Bought meaning I could have bought a 6t on eBay for 286 so I bought a new device for that reason and this reason; I get back a phone that is now locked to TMobile, UNFRICKINGBELIVEABLE. I SENT IN A PHONE THAT ONLY HAD A CRACKED SCREEN. I get back a phone with for starters recycled parts according to the bill, the phone got a whole new motherboard (why why why), my unlocked TMobile phone comes back to me locked to TMobile and I'm going on 1 month and 15 days since I reached out to customer service with this shananigans and every week I get a sorry *** email from the chat rep I first complained to about the error and unlock my damn phone. He says now for 6 weeks straight that he still has not heard from the center and escalated my issue, wtf joker?????? You think us Americans got bread to be shelling out to a million dollar company owned by a billion dollar parent company for shananigans play by your employees??? And one more thing, just like if I replace my alternator in car at shop , you always get the repaired part back if bought new one. I want all my exchanged out pieces that were not damaged and shawshanked me for my bread. Here is a list of items I want back asap so I can build my own phone since those parts were perfectly fine. Motherboard was just fine.

1. Mother board (top and bottom)
    2. Battery

3-10. MY FRICKING UNLOCKED PHONE BACK, NOT A MOTHERBOard plucked from a scrapped device you found laying around, you couldn't even give me a reach around and at least replace with international unlocked version, I get a mb that is unlockable according to tmofo . Fix it OnePlus, ain't nothing worse than rich getting richer off of scandalous behaviors.

CoCayne469 and OnePlusUser0001 like this.
  13. Krwkrw42
    Cupcake Feb 18, 2020

14. Krwkrw42
    Cupcake Feb 18, 2020

Krwkrw42 , Feb 18, 2020 :
    Oh by the way, after almost 2 months with an locked tmofo device/motherboard, I decided to flash the international rom onto my device thanks to the gods up in XDA heaven, and I unlocked myself but guess what??? The recycled garbage motherboard you gave me plucked from scrap pile doesn't have a second working sim spot. 1 out of every 1,000,000 tries of me placing two Sims into the phone, I get both signals for approximately 5 to 20 seconds then the 2nd sim spot disappears into op scrap heaven. So I basically paid for a phone that is still busted, beautiful job op and I love your company, phones, philosophy, and the relaxed bootloader mentality but don't lose a good customer(s) over some garbage repair center milking you for your digits. If I'm correct, I sent my phone to an authorized repair shop in Texas. Their doing the ol, let's hurry an

CoCayne469 likes this.
  15. CoCayne469
    Donut Feb 20, 2020

CoCayne469 , Feb 20, 2020 :
    @SoniaB I have heard nothing except from @oneplus_support. They said they would be sending a replacement, but they have also ghosted. I have not gotten a response from the e-mail support in about 5 days. This is truly sad. I just keep getting lied too. I know that water damage isn't covered under warranty, but that is what the e-mail said. You can't tell me one thing, then say its wrong later. I will not be sending in the device as I am worried If I would even get it back. So far I just keep getting lied to by most every one at @OnePlus

16. CoCayne469
    Donut Feb 20, 2020

CoCayne469 , Feb 20, 2020 :

Thank you for the reply, SEE ONE PLUS!! THERE ARE OTHERS!!

17. CoCayne469
    Donut Feb 20, 2020

18. GeekOnTheHill
    Honeycomb Feb 20, 2020

GeekOnTheHill , Feb 20, 2020 :
    I think OP would do themselves, their reputation, and their customers a huge favor by canning this repair outfit and hooking up with a firm that's responsible and preferably nationwide. I haven't come across any warm, fuzzy reviews about the Texas repair center.

I haven't had any problems with the phone, but if I ever do, I'm leaning heavily toward just fixing it myself.

Richard

CoCayne469 likes this.
  19. G_Graham_Foral_xPnL
    Cupcake Feb 20, 2020

G_Graham_Foral_xPnL , Feb 20, 2020 :
    On January 29th I contacted OnePlus regarding a phone I purchased used, but was still under warranty. After exchanging several emails with their support staff, I was finally approved (on February 9th) to send the device to a service center in the US. The Service Center has not reached out to me after a day, so I contacted OnePlus to get a UPS shipping label to send it in, which they sent me on February 10th. I shipped the phone later that day and it was delivered at the Service Center in Dallas, TX on February 12th. Since then, I have heard nothing from the Service Center nor any proactive contact from OnePlus.

I have reached out to OnePlus many times and escalated to supervisors the issue of no reply and I have received no actual response of where my phone is at in the repair process. The way that the repairs are supposed to work, is that the Service Center in Dallas will email you with findings and next steps. You are also supposed to be able to track repairs on OnePlus's website, but my repair status cannot be found by searching the phone's unique identifiers nor my email address. As of today, February 20, 2020, the phone has been delivered at the Service Center for more than one week with no reply in any form and only reactionary and lax and non-specific replies from OnePlus when asked.

Request: OP202002071638283599
    Shipping: 1Z441R630239676702
    @SoniaB, can you please help?

CoCayne469 and SoniaB like this.
  20. SoniaB
    Nougat Senior Moderator Feb 20, 2020

SoniaB , Feb 20, 2020 :
    Let me chase them up again. I am very sorry for the bad experience you have had. Again, as always, I will try and get this resolved

pablofg1978, CoCayne469 and Caomhin like this.