Other Repairer claims damage due to fluid... OPO has never even been wet!

1. Stoer
    Gingerbread Nov 3, 2016

Stoer , Nov 3, 2016 :
    In october my OPO bricked just after a factory reset, and during whatsapp installation.
    Tried everything to unbrick it (hardware brick), followed the advice and guides on the forum and vioa Google. Downloaded the correct drivers and Colouros - but the procedure failed .

Got an RMA and had Oneplus trying remotely to restore my OPO.
    Like me they couldn't get past the loop either.
    oneplus asked me to send my ONO back via DHL to their repair facility in Poland.
    This was on the 27th of October.
    This evening i received a mail from a company called Regensis in warsaw.
    Bad news it seems - my ONO has a damaged main board, isn't covered by warrenty because Regensis claims my phone has "Fluid damage" - in otherwords it got badly wet.... They want €136 for a repair and i have 5 days to make a decision, yes or no.

The only thing is.... I have never, ever gotten my phone wet. Ever.
    It's been in a case since the day i bought it, it's not used outside when it rains.... i travel alot or am indoors when using my phone.... i just don't use it in the rain; if it rains i get undecover.
    When my OPO died i'd reset to factory and was installing "Whatsapp" - i was giving it to my son as i've just bought a OP3. During the installation of Whatsapp, i saw an error message... "you're using a custom OS...."
    At which point my OPO died.

Now i know i never got my phone wet, i know i have never dropped it, never spilled anything on it ever....
    but how in god's name do you prove that.
    Regensis sent a photo of an opend up ONO, with what i can only assume is a sensor coloured red inside the phone.
    This is their idea of proving that my phone is damaged through fluid/water spill.
    How the heck do i even know that that is my phone!!

Because i'm 100% sure my phone has never been wet, i'll ask you to please suspend your disbelief and dim the scepticism.
    Assume please, that i'm telling the truth here... What the hell am i supposed to do now?
    I pay up and i've been robbed.
    I don't pay up and lose my phone...

Last edited: Nov 3, 2016

2. 0owesleyo0
    Gingerbread Nov 16, 2016

0owesleyo0 , Nov 16, 2016 :
    next time ask details about the procces before u act braindead then when u think straight u go for official repair or local its up to you