Replacement denied for jelly effect on oneplus 5

1. kakshay
    Donut Jul 8, 2017

kakshay , Jul 8, 2017 :
    using it for a while and dnt see any sort of jelly effect in display...

2. mayushjain
    Gingerbread Jul 8, 2017

3. Deactivated User
    Jul 8, 2017

4. F_Dwaipayan_Barman_MjUN
    Froyo Jul 8, 2017

F_Dwaipayan_Barman_MjUN , Jul 8, 2017 :
    Magnitude of the effect seems to vary from phone to phone.

5. rlshky
    Eclair Jul 8, 2017

rlshky , Jul 8, 2017 :
    don't think it really varies much from phone to phone but varies from user to user how much they care or see it. Seems as though replacement will not solve your issue. It will still be there on your new unit, so it's a waste of yours and their time. Think it's up to you to decide if you can live with it. If not, return it for a refund, but replacing your phone isn't the answer

cwdelloneplus likes this.
  6. F_Dwaipayan_Barman_MjUN
    Froyo Jul 8, 2017

F_Dwaipayan_Barman_MjUN , Jul 8, 2017 :
    They don't take returns in India else I would have surely opted for that.

7. G_Rahmat_Khan_kyLR
    Gingerbread Jul 9, 2017

G_Rahmat_Khan_kyLR , Jul 9, 2017 :
    beside that jelly effect .. which is just an illusion(doesnt bother me) . i do not habe any other problem .. this phone is a beast .... flawless performance ... more than good camera in its price range .... louder audio quality compared to s8+ .. best 1080p display.. fastest fingerprint scanner.. and believe me this phone dont even know how to lag .. you can play high end graphic games like batmam teltale series and other telltale series games ,moderm combat , asphalt 8 ,injustice 2.

8. florincostescu
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 9, 2017

florincostescu , Jul 9, 2017 :
    Because the jelly does not exist, mate.

Did you drop it on the floor and try to divert the situation there?

9. G_Shahar_Yakir_zEvk
    Cupcake Jul 10, 2017

G_Shahar_Yakir_zEvk , Jul 10, 2017 :
    Wha..?

10. spahi77
    Cupcake Jul 10, 2017

11. McSnipe.97
    Cupcake Jul 10, 2017

McSnipe.97 , Jul 10, 2017 :
    this problem is with every phone.......so why would they replace your phone?

12. F_Dwaipayan_Barman_MjUN
    Froyo Jul 10, 2017

F_Dwaipayan_Barman_MjUN , Jul 10, 2017 :
    If they took returns, I would happily return it. Replacement will result in an easy sell off.

13. Snapped Dragon
    Cupcake Jul 10, 2017

Snapped Dragon , Jul 10, 2017 :
    jelly effect is there on my device as well but it doesn't seem so prominent and is negligible. people are uselessly making a fuss about it, its really much more visible once you make the whole thing 10 times slower. in normal speeds its like an effect , launcher effect which is some times beautiful to have, so unless you have an eye which could see 10 times slower don't believe the videos as all those are slowed down slo mo videos. , the device is just great.

14. Ludo_Mansio
    Gingerbread Jul 10, 2017

Ludo_Mansio , Jul 10, 2017 :
    If you don't have the legal right in your country to return the phone within a predetermined period of time then it seems clear that you're not going to be able to return it. If I concentrate I can see the jelly effect, but during normal use I don't find it noticeable. OnePlus don't consider it a fault so I don't think they're under any obligation to give you a refund.

Early adopters always take a risk in buying before you know the problems; that's going to be the case whatever technology you're talking about. Luckily, a lot of western countries are protected from that risk by being able to return items - unfortunately that doesn't seem to be the case for you.

cwdelloneplus likes this.
  15. cwdelloneplus
    Froyo Jul 10, 2017

cwdelloneplus , Jul 10, 2017 :
    Don't blame OnePlus because they will not accept your reason for wanting to return; I assume other makers in your country would do the same thing, so OnePlus is following the ways of your land. It's not a great situation to be in, but every society has rules that others do not and someone somewhere in that country will not like them. I call this LIFE.

I have no idea what this "jelly effect" is that so many people are looking for, but I'm sure many would have never seen it if it wasn't ever complained about. On the other hand, some will consider it to be a very cool effect much like some launchers that do swoop in effects, swipe effects, curtain effects, etc. It's all a matter of perspective.

16. gandhi6330
    Cupcake Jul 10, 2017

17. F_Dwaipayan_Barman_MjUN
    Froyo Jul 11, 2017

18. Deactivated User
    Jul 11, 2017

19. Deactivated User
    Jul 11, 2017

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2017

20. Jitesh Saitawadekar
    KitKat Jul 11, 2017

Jitesh Saitawadekar , Jul 11, 2017 :
    Yeah and if that is dragged to consumer court it takes decades to resolve such issues.:D