Replacement of OnePlus 6 battery.

1. Caomhin
    Marshmallow Aug 22, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Aug 22, 2020 :

bindobond

r u one plus representative?​

No, jus a user like you, I get that warning message on every download, its standard, but I use that app on my 6T, its a OnePlus app and its fine.

I use ApkMirror for most of my updates, they usually have them before the Playstore, some updates don't even appear in the Playstore.

But you just have to know which apps on here are compatible on a 6 series phone.

Works great.

drl431 likes this.
  2. bindobond
    Eclair Aug 22, 2020

bindobond , Aug 22, 2020 :
    1598104451699.jpg
    fyi.. health is showing 84 percentage. last battery was also shows the same . I saw it when service center guy was diagnosing my device

3. Caomhin
    Marshmallow Aug 22, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Aug 22, 2020 :

bindobond

fyi.. health is showing 84 percentage. last battery was also shows the same . I saw it when service center guy was diagnosing my device​

84% is OK for a 2 year old battery, but a new battery should be near 100%.

Bring it back and tell him you want a new Battery, maybe he gave you a second hand battery. I would be demanding a new one, and ask him why the percentage on a brand new battery is so low.

4. E1578293415195
    Cupcake Sep 2, 2020

E1578293415195 , via OnePlus 6 , Sep 2, 2020 :
    Download one plus diagnostic app to see battery health

5. Srikrishhphani
    Cupcake Sep 2, 2020

Srikrishhphani , Sep 2, 2020 :
    hi,

did u changed it using battery protect.

can you please advise the steps

6. Prem chhatbar
    Cupcake Sep 24, 2020

Prem chhatbar , via OnePlus 6 , Sep 24, 2020 :
    I also went for my battery replacement in the OnePlus Store
    They said they won't replace the battery until it's capacity is lower than 80%. I still want to replace is tough. Why can't just provide a service for the customer. I mean where is it mentioned to it have to be less than 80%. Maybe the battery is causing me ghost touch issues due to voltage fluctuations but the service center people are denying that and my screen was also checked it was okay. Voltage drop might happen when the mobile is running on many apps and on full brightness and that's when I get ghost touch issues.
    Recently I saw someone post it a software issues and will be corrected soon
    Anyway for the safer sight I wanna replace my battery but the store are denying it? Can anything be done?

7. Caomhin
    Marshmallow Sep 24, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Sep 24, 2020 :
    Mines at 81% and the phone still works fine, always has. Still great SOT on 6T

1600981813165.jpg

View attachment 1440904

Attached Files:

Artemus. and drl431 like this.
  8. Prem chhatbar
    Cupcake Sep 25, 2020

Prem chhatbar , via OnePlus 6 , Sep 25, 2020 :
    Still I think my battery Voltage drops at high usage (when many apps are running) it's not about the capacity.
    These voltage drop might cause ghost touch
    Diagnosis app only checks capacity not voltage drop.
    And I wanna change my battery even tough it's above 80% but the store people are denying the service.
    What should I do in this case

9. Caomhin
    Marshmallow Sep 25, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Sep 25, 2020 :
    I don't know what the store policy is on that to be honest. I would have thought that if a paying customer wants to pay for a new battery that it shouldn't be an issue.

Not so sure that voltage would drop in the way you explain it, generally would only happen if the battery heat went to high. Usually the volume of memory you have, 6, 8 GB ram will determine how many apps stay open and active, and also dependent on whether they are set to Optimize or Intelligent control. But to be honest I haven't had a reason to test that scenario of voltage drops being dependent on apps in memory you suggest.

But then again I don't ever have that many high battery usage apps running in the background. I clear my Recents maybe a few times an hour. I have no need to leave them open.

I also use Fast Task Killer from the Playstore to clear memory once the Recents clear. It's just a habit I have at this stage.

Maybe discuss it with OnePlus support directly via online Chat and see what they suggest. Scroll down the page linked for Chat details.

https://www.oneplus.com/support

Artemus. likes this.
  10. Prem chhatbar
    Cupcake Sep 25, 2020

11. Caomhin
    Marshmallow Sep 25, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Sep 25, 2020 :
    Here are the downgrade steps if you want to test it out.

ROLL-BACK FROM CURRENT ANDROID 10 Stable TO EARLIER STOCK ANDROID 9 OR 10

All Downgrades to earlier builds involve wiping the phone.

So you will need to backup your phone data.

Thanks to @ironass for putting this together.

This Link will guide you through the Downgrade process.

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/roll-back-to-stock-android-9-or-10.1215079/

And here is a separate guide to bring you straight back to Android 9 if you wish to go that far back.

https://wccftech.com/how-to/downgrade-android-10-to-android-9-pie-on-oneplus-6t-6-guide/

Artemus. likes this.