Replacing Your Old Sandstone Black StyleSwap Cover

1. RawBeeG Cupcake Oct 28, 2014

RawBeeG, Oct 28, 2014 :
    Well, I tried contacting them and they said they don't have it. Fantastic.

ThirdEye likes this.
  2. galahadrd Eclair Oct 28, 2014

galahadrd, Oct 28, 2014 :
    Lets give them a while guys. Its not trivial getting a product on the market.
    Even if its done, packaging, support, shipping costs etc should all be aligned.

3. timhuynhvu Cupcake Oct 31, 2014

4. ThirdEye Gingerbread Oct 31, 2014

ThirdEye, Oct 31, 2014 :
    Still not available afaik, so...

5. DavidHolden Honeycomb Nov 1, 2014

6. Hassan_Abdul KitKat Nov 2, 2014

Hassan_Abdul, Nov 2, 2014 :
    Most of the Forums have this rule, it is made in order to avoid spamming

7. sekhonplusone Cupcake Nov 2, 2014

sekhonplusone, Nov 2, 2014 :
    mine broke already :( sucks

8. ronoldo KitKat Nov 4, 2014

9. lslychng Cupcake Nov 4, 2014

10. tal.lavi2 Cupcake Nov 9, 2014

11. Montala Gingerbread Nov 9, 2014

Montala, Nov 9, 2014 :
    On looking back I see that it was on 17th September when we were told by a Forum administrator that new Sandstone StyleSwap covers would be available from Customer Support from October 1st.
    So far as I am aware there has been no further official announcement since then, quoting a revised date, and any enquirers are just told to "watch this space".
    I do appreciate that OnePlus is a fairly new company, which has probably been overwhelmed with the demand for its flagship product, but it would be good to see a bit more emphasis being placed on Customer Support, and they should realise that keeping their existing customers happy is just as important (perhaps even more so!) as finding new ones.

ThirdEye, Archnibbler and noddyc43 like this.
  12. lnxpro Jelly Bean Nov 15, 2014

lnxpro, Nov 15, 2014 :
    great to hear, and would love kevlar too

13. ttremeth Gingerbread Nov 17, 2014

ttremeth, Nov 17, 2014 :
    Yeah, probably a bit too harsh but yes, better to be upfront. However, you are dammed if you do and dammed if you don't. They are not the first or the last. They do need a issue page and better support system - 10 days they say which I admit is unacceptable. 24 hours should be the turn around.

14. edgararroyo Eclair Nov 22, 2014

edgararroyo, Nov 22, 2014 :
    I bought a white cover and it does not have the back NFC antenna, not sure if it's a good idea to replaced the sandstone black cover with a white one, unless OnePlus sells this tape-like antenna which connects to the phone with 2 spring loaded pins. I would like to buy one of these antennas so I can use the white cover I bought. I tried it and reception went from bad to worse... not sure why but when it had the NFC antenna it worked better :-/

PLEASE ONEPLUS, sell me an NFC antenna for the back cover. Here is an image of the antenna I am referring to:

IMG_20141121_190335.jpg

EDIT: I was looking on eBay and found the LG G3 antenna to be similar, I was thinking about getting one and aligning the pins and calling it the day... Any ideas?

EDIT 2: I am going to test NFC today, if it works, I am guessing this is wireless charging? Was this phone intended to have wireless charging but was never implemented?

Last edited: Nov 24, 2014

15. Djaboloke Donut Nov 24, 2014

16. edgararroyo Eclair Nov 24, 2014

edgararroyo, Nov 24, 2014 :
    Tested NFC with my white back on - NO NFC connection. So no wireless charging, just NFC antenna. I went on eBay and bought an HTC One M7 NFC antenna (closest one I saw that might work, the LG G3 also had wireless charging and didn't want to run any chances the closest pins were for wireless charging...) Will give it a try and report back.

Here is a link and pic of the HTC One M7 NFC antenna I purchased:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/361104595205

57.JPG

Planning on lining up where the pins make contact and give it a try...

Last edited: Nov 24, 2014

r3bo0t369 likes this.
  17. k20mak Froyo Nov 25, 2014

k20mak, Nov 25, 2014 :
    Is the sandstone back still the only replacement available, or can you get the white cover?

18. edgararroyo Eclair Nov 25, 2014

edgararroyo, Nov 25, 2014 :
    You can buy one off of eBay and peel off your NFC from your black one...or wait until I find out if the HTC One M7 works on our device...but short answer: No.

19. ansonscleung Froyo Nov 25, 2014

ansonscleung, Nov 25, 2014 :
    Well, I know they are selling them... back in China, and $13 cheaper than the offered price.

20. drsteez Cupcake Nov 28, 2014

drsteez, Nov 28, 2014 :
    Is there ANY way you can hook me up with that? Assuming you or anyone you know lives in China.... My back piece got destroyed today and I'm devastated.