Reporting Netiquette

1. Tobikage Marshmallow Mar 7, 2018

Tobikage, Mar 7, 2018 :
    You should apply to be a moderator instead of asking all these questions. :rolleyes:

VaibhavBhargava and idkwhoiam322 like this.
  2. idkwhoiam322 Marshmallow Mar 7, 2018

idkwhoiam322, Mar 7, 2018 :
    @script
    About photography threads, the exact same stuff applies to offtopic posts yes? Like the recent one I reported from Pete's thread.

3. idkwhoiam322 Marshmallow Mar 7, 2018

That would be the (quicker)hard way :p
    I hate responsibility....

keithnyc likes this.
  4. Tobikage Marshmallow Mar 7, 2018

Tobikage, Mar 7, 2018 :
    How many of them do you think can file a proper bug report with necessary info and details on the issue itself or a way to reproduce the bug ?

5. Tobikage Marshmallow Mar 7, 2018

Tobikage, Mar 7, 2018 :
    No....seriously....you should.

6. idkwhoiam322 Marshmallow Mar 7, 2018

It's not hard at all if you follow my cupcake friendly guide(I think it's similar, if not the same as the one the Bug Hunters use). It's really not difficult at all. But remember, this isn't XDA, this isn't a forum filled with people who are experienced in this sense, they're all "noobs". It's our job to teach them.
    I don't have any say in that decision.

7. SoniaB Nougat Senior Moderator Mar 7, 2018

SoniaB, Mar 7, 2018 :
    Answer:
    1. Mods will merge those reports and delete the first one with notification. So I believe the first reporter gets the notification but you will be able to see that action has been taken in terms of the thread no longer existing (spammer for example and thread is deleted), or the closure/merge and by which mod.

2. If a thread has multiple posts with offensive content, then report the first post and state in the reason that whole thread requires mod action. Sometimes mods may miss a post here and there and if we do, report the posts missed in clean up

8. BobbyV8_ The Showcase Reviewer Mar 7, 2018

BobbyV8_, Mar 7, 2018 :
    I observed a trend of users replying
    'ok' 'i know' & sort of ways leaving the OPs issue to be dealt with by other users somewhere after 10 - 15 posts.
    I know this isn't acceptable but they're not violating rules either. How is that to be dealt with?

9. script Marshmallow Moderator Mar 7, 2018

script, Mar 7, 2018 :
    The less you write into a reported thread, the better.

If you or anyone finds something that needs a mod's attention (bad language, failed photo, commercial, spam, inappropriate things) just hit report and write a short note as reason: photo fail, language, wrong section, advertising......

That's the best. We moderators will have a look at that post and usually it's clear what needs to be done.

The less explaining or debating (teaching) in the threads happens, the better.

Also, the amount of sarcasm was way too high. That is much better now, the forum is more friendly than 1 year ago. That is good.

Of course there always will be cupcakes, and people who ask questions that has been asked before, and photos that would probably not win a Pulitzer. Well, that's life. Deal with it.

SoniaB and idkwhoiam322 like this.
  10. Tobikage Marshmallow Mar 7, 2018

Tobikage, Mar 7, 2018 :
    Yes.....and how many of them are gonna even bother to search or read a pinned thread ?

Yeah....have fun sponfeeding the cupcakes. :rolleyes:

Oh yeah...you have to be asked if you want to be one.

idkwhoiam322 likes this.
  11. idkwhoiam322 Marshmallow Mar 7, 2018

I have had a few people ask me for help to explain them in detail, so yea, some are willing to learn.
    I don't mind doing that, hence this:
    upload_2018-3-7_17-41-39.png
    It is possible to apply, but I will never do that.

Tobikage likes this.
  12. SoniaB Nougat Senior Moderator Mar 7, 2018

SoniaB, Mar 7, 2018 :
    Well it depends are all of their posts 'ok' or 'i know'? Each and every post?
    If so, then that is considered as spamming on the forum and therefore a violation of forum rules. So you should report the user in that instance and state that they are spamming with same content.

Mods will look at the post history and take action

script and keithnyc like this.
  13. script Marshmallow Moderator Mar 7, 2018

script, Mar 7, 2018 :
    Chosen is the word. Chosen.

14. Cheetosdust Starting Point Expert Mar 7, 2018

Cheetosdust, Mar 7, 2018 :
    Thanks for the update and, most importantly, the explanation on how to use it in a way that helps.

If you can, please don’t forget to pin the thread. Since it’s posted in the Off-Topic section, it won’t be visible to the new users who will join the forums in the next weeks, months.

superplus, izzykasha, script and 2 others like this.
  15. idkwhoiam322 Marshmallow Mar 7, 2018

You misunderstood. I mean to say, there was a post in Pete's thread which had 2 pics. It should be treated the same way as a thread containing pics in the wrong section, yes?

16. script Marshmallow Moderator Mar 7, 2018

script, Mar 7, 2018 :
    Ah, sorry. And yes.

idkwhoiam322 likes this.
  17. keithnyc Lollipop Moderator Mar 7, 2018

keithnyc, Mar 7, 2018 :
    Hey Bobby, just read @SoniaB reply, and I tend to agree with her. We're a friendly bunch here, but if the persons in question are consistent with this type of response, that would likely be considered spamming and we could follow up. Thanks

BobbyV8_, idkwhoiam322 and SoniaB like this.
  18. superplus English POC Assistant Head Moderator Mar 7, 2018

superplus, Mar 7, 2018 :
    yes, don't reply to it and just report it for moving to the photography section, if the photos were unrelated to the thread

idkwhoiam322 and SoniaB like this.
  19. SoniaB Nougat Senior Moderator Mar 7, 2018

SoniaB, Mar 7, 2018 :
    Thread is pinned. Also as you can see mods are active in here to address questions/concerns raised. So its nicely staying in recents section also

20. idkwhoiam322 Marshmallow Mar 7, 2018

Thanks~
    That's what I did, thanks~

superplus likes this.