Request for VoLTE patch for OnePlus 2 for Android 9.0

1. Scieby
    Donut Apr 8, 2019

Scieby , Apr 8, 2019 :
    Kindly release patch for VoLTE for Android 9.0 so that all the oneplus2 user enjoy this feature in Android 9.0. We want only that Oneplus team atleast support for driver patches for oneplus2. Kindly help LineageOS team and share the patches with them. I know that OnePlus stopped the future upgrade for oneplus2 but I only need support from OnePlus team regarding VoLTE PATCH. I am requesting here because I have read the Comments mentioned on LineageOS ENGINEERING BLOG:

OEM Additions
    Most OEMs extend AOSP’s existing commands and responses by adding their own for extra information, or extra functionality. Generally, these are of no consequence for LineageOS, unless the OEM has used the numbers or renumbered one or several of AOSP’s requests or unsols. This is important because Android may become confused after receiving improper information, may never receive the information at all, or the modem library will be confused after receiving improper information. One such example is on the Qualcomm Samsung Galaxy Note 3, where the unsol code for UNSOL_ON_SS did not line up between AOSP’s implementation and Samsung’s implementation, and as a result, Android never received the information. Nowadays, most OEMs offset all of their custom response and command codes from AOSP’s by arbitrary numbers. Samsung, for example, starts numbering their custom requests at 10001, and their custom unsols at 11000 to avoid conflicting with AOSP, who starts numbering requests at 1 and unsols at 1000. Some OEMs (e.g. OnePlus), however, play a dangerous game of not offsetting their additions. While these are not of relevance while the device is still maintained by the OEM, on Android versions beyond OEM support these previously unused requests and unsols could suddenly become used, causing crashes, confusion, and all around unhappiness.

Kindly do the needful for oneplus2 users.

Best regards
    Pawan Singh

ronaksworld likes this.
  2. B_Wrath
    Marshmallow Apr 8, 2019

B_Wrath , Apr 8, 2019 :
    Whom do you think is reading your post?

3. Tobikage
    Nougat Apr 8, 2019

B_Wrath likes this.