[Request] Oxygen OS Weekly Dev Update

1. Mrreed98
    Honeycomb May 6, 2015

2. wintermi
    Eclair May 6, 2015

wintermi , May 6, 2015 :
    +1 awesome idea.

It would be even better if OnePlus make public the feedback, bug reports, change log. This would give a much needed community involvement to the whole OxygenOS development.

@Helen @Carl

3. ellisonline
    Gingerbread May 6, 2015

ellisonline , May 6, 2015 :
    Honestly I think a product roadmap/schedule with weekly updates would be more appropriate.

Lets be crystal clear though - given the general negative attitude the last time any sort of schedule was provided - this is unlikely. It'll come when it comes - enjoy the phone.

4. pank
    Gingerbread May 6, 2015

pank , May 6, 2015 :
    It has been 1 month since Oxygen OS was released.
    It has plenty of bugs, IMO it does not even fell under stable 1.0 release but anyway
    no update after the initial release and no update about possible update --- just silence.

I have used the feedback app too many times, not to mention that the feedback app crashed on me couple of times as well.

I agree no ETAs need to be provided but some kind of word.
    we cannot go from one extreme to another. Just because ppl put them to dogs for missing the deadline does not mean that now we should here only silence for 30 days.

It is not fair. I keep coming here now on regular basis and waste my time looking into the topics in which somebody maybe had mention something.
    This is beyond ridiculous.
    I get the fact that the dev team is (well at least I hope so) working hard on the OTA that address some issues and yes it is hard to provide deadlines sometimes. But just an update on what they have been working on, which issues are they mainly focused bla bla bla..

It is obvious that soon OnePlus is planning to announce new device for 2015.
    And resources are tight but they should focus on the OS as this thing in some moths would be
    put to OnePlus 2 and if it runs how it is now then no magic hardware will convince people to buy it.

And neglecting frequent updates to still ONLY existing OnePlus will bite back as bugs are always to be found.. And no better way to fix them as first get users to discover them.

So recap:
    Yes, please some kind of update about Oxygen OS development would be great - preferably weekly as suggested :)

5. sudhakarjha
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 6, 2015

sudhakarjha , May 6, 2015 :
    Very well said..

pank likes this.
  6. asbondre
    Honeycomb May 7, 2015

asbondre , May 7, 2015 :
    Well written!

giampi2602 and pank like this.
  7. Charmacas
    Gingerbread May 8, 2015

Charmacas , May 8, 2015 :
    OnePlus answered on my question about OxygenOS on Twitter. But the answer wasn't satisfying at all.

https://twitter.com/OnePlus_Support/status/596297844195098624

I don't understand why they are doing this. The ROM team is working on one platform for both devices. It have to be possible to maintain "two" devices. Before the Paranoid team came to OnePlus they maintained much more devices.

It don't get the point and now I am really thinking of switching back again even though I really like OxygenOS.

8. asbondre
    Honeycomb May 8, 2015

asbondre , May 8, 2015 :
    Basically they are turning into same old smartphone companies that we know...following the motto "we do it our way and dont give a crap on what customers think"

9. SomeSayImHandSome
    May 8, 2015

SomeSayImHandSome , May 8, 2015 :
    i think its actually smart to focus on the new release of oneplus 2 and have a polished oxy os then. as of right now we still have CM support for little longer. also nightlies and plenty of other dev support.

now when the 2 comes out and they still do this i would be pissed off

10. raju mucharla
    Cupcake May 8, 2015

11. asbondre
    Honeycomb May 8, 2015

asbondre , May 8, 2015 :
    it makes business sense...but it doesnt make sense for them to give OPO customers buggy software...new phones are all loaded with OxygenOS....

12. SomeSayImHandSome
    May 8, 2015

whats buggy about it? i dont find it buggy. just unfinished there's a difference . but thats just my opinion

13. asbondre
    Honeycomb May 8, 2015

asbondre , May 8, 2015 :
    For me it is buggy...had a lot of crashes and reported a lot of them through their feedback app....had to switch to COS12 just to get a more stable product as a daily driver...

14. SomeSayImHandSome
    May 8, 2015

weird never had that.

15. Tanmay Satpathy
    Gingerbread May 8, 2015

olmostblue likes this.
  16. Tanmay Satpathy
    Gingerbread May 8, 2015

Tanmay Satpathy , May 8, 2015 :
    Weird! Although it doesn't have customization like CM, it was rock solid on my device.

17. SomeSayImHandSome
    May 8, 2015

same for me it was opposite . 12s was buggy as hell. i been with 12.1 nightlies and they been pretty great i must admit

Tanmay Satpathy likes this.
  18. olmostblue
    Gingerbread May 8, 2015

19. Tanmay Satpathy
    Gingerbread May 8, 2015

Tanmay Satpathy , May 8, 2015 :
    I doubt they are going for weekly/fortnightly release soon. They are busy preparing for OP2 and probable taken the OPO users granted. I somehow don't feel that thing for my OPO now :(

asbondre likes this.
  20. Tamashi
    Jelly Bean May 8, 2015

Tamashi , May 8, 2015 :
    Is there a changelog or ":to do" list for OxygenOS yet? I really doubt they'll target the One. Rather optimize it for the Two, which will likely have better specs as well to stay competitive with other phone companies. Nobody is gonna buy the two if it's bad, not even if it's cheap. People always have this instinct that they went to achieve more, reach further and stay up to date with the latest technology.There are people who waited and slept in front of Apple stores for the AppleWatch. That's pretty insane, especially if you consider the price as well. I'm not sure why people like Apple so much. I used to have an iPhone and it annoyed me so much that I gave it away for free to my sister and purchased the galaxy S5.