Request to get a One Plus 3

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Evokkimus
    KitKat Jun 25, 2016

Evokkimus , Jun 25, 2016 :
    My friend @TugaPower would deserve an OP3 too for developing almost non-stop for OPO :D

But the possibility of OP giving out an OP3 for any developer other than Grarak is not there.

2. cedalone
    Jelly Bean Jun 25, 2016

cedalone , Jun 25, 2016 :
    If you ask me, I think gofundme page will be the best solution for all the dev who can't buy or have an OP3 for free from OP.
    Doing this way, appreciated devs will have their device for free, but from users who appreciate their work. This can be a solution for devs like @jgcaap, @Naman Bhalla , @Lord Boeffla ...or any other dev you like. The amount of money could be bigger than just the price of an OP3, and could be helpful for other things in their life too...

3. cedalone
    Jelly Bean Jun 25, 2016

cedalone , Jun 25, 2016 :
    Honestly i think it's just because he would be happy to dev OP3 and he doesn't have the money to buy one, not for compensation of his work, because a 400$ phone will be a really bad deal regarding the time he spends on OPO dev imo....
    But again, gofundme seems to be a good and maybe quicker solution.

crysen and Max.Mar like this.
  4. Thecrazyskull
    Recognized developer Recognized Developer Jun 25, 2016

Thecrazyskull , Jun 25, 2016 :
    Well he clearly said (multiple times) that he needs to get one because of his "work", not "it would be great if i would get a OP3" or something among those lines.

martinusbe likes this.
  5. dcmcc24
    KitKat Jun 25, 2016

6. daneoleary
    Froyo Jun 25, 2016

daneoleary , Jun 25, 2016 :
    This right here is kind of my point. There are many, many other people developing for OnePlus devices who could argue that they're "worthy" (itself a subjective concept) of a free device. For one person to ask for a free phone based on "reasons" and get one would be unfair to all the other people who could've been going the same thing, but haven't. They're either paying for them or waiting until they have some other means of buying one, just like everybody else.

Again, this is what I'm saying. There are so many other people who could be considered deserving of a free phone, but who haven't received one yet. It's just not possible for OnePlus to give away free devices to everyone and none of us, not even those who have spent lots of time creating software for OnePlus devices, should expect them to.

I'm 110% behind this. I believe he mentioned that he was wanting OnePlus to do their part in supporting him instead of having fans of his software donate to the cause because people have already sent him money while he was unemployed, but it's really no different than that. In fact, I would say that this would be a much better situation, at least from the prospective of a donor. I would be much more willing to contribute toward the cost of a phone than to donate money for a developer's miscellaneous living expenses. But that's just me. Maybe I'm the only person who's not been given sums of money from strangers who enjoy how I spent my free time. At least with a phone there's a set amount that's needed whereas "living expenses" is essentially a spectrum.

Yet another developer who "deserves" a free phone. I just take issue with people who want special treatment (and even feel entitled to it, so it seems) for doing things that many other people have done and are doing.

7. martinusbe
    Recognized developer Recognized Developer Jun 25, 2016

8. Helbro
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 25, 2016

brunoaguiar likes this.
  9. jgcaap

jgcaap , Jun 25, 2016 :
    Hello.
    Well I do feel confused really. I could say sad in case you were trying to imply that I am demanding a phone. But I guess this must be a problem of english. You have your understanding with english very differently from my understanding. You see, in my view demanding is: "I demand oneplus give me a phone."

Another thing is: "Request to oneplus to give me a phone".

I kind of feel that only exists one way of understanding the english, or did suddently the english changed with the brexit? :p (please take this as a joke !)

I even wrote what I did do in OnePLus One to try show why I deserve.

Jorge
    Well if you are interested to join the discussion, at least take your time to read the first post. I clearly said :
    What makes me to open this thread is that I heard about a developers’ program, where some developers were selected and given away the phone. I don't know the criteria of selection, but I feel that I am left aside here.

As in the email i've said:
    "I would like to keep myself on the OnePlus phone line of development"

In other words, as I believe we have here smart people, "I would love to have a OnePlus 3 :). ".

Would be a great gift. And i'll be very dedicated to it.

Which view did you actually think there was? :)

crysen, Max.Mar and brunoaguiar like this.
  10. brunoaguiar
    KitKat Jun 25, 2016

brunoaguiar , Jun 25, 2016 :
    How do we know you are being genuine on the writing of what you believe? I don't agree with you. There are developers and developers! Jorge is someone which I'll follow. If he doesn't buy a OnePlus three, then I'll buy the phone that he is interested in.
    Cause I know I'll be very well served!

11. malidan
    Marshmallow Jun 25, 2016

malidan , Jun 25, 2016 :
    I remember when I managed at Area and store level, this is where I learnt never work for praise or promises only money.
    Good luck in your quest for a device and just member how much money these guys are making the next time you want to resolve their issue's.

JasonMR and jgcaap like this.
  12. nunopinho1982
    Lollipop Jun 25, 2016

nunopinho1982 , Jun 25, 2016 :

daneoleary I don't really know how to express this. Jorge is trying to get a free phone since he can't afford one. There is a developers’ program, and he worked really hard for the OnePlus One. No one here is saying that every developer should receive a phone. Jorge requested that OnePlus would give him a Phone for free since he cannot afford one. You are a journalist from what is written on your profile, why dont you even question what is the OnePLus criteria for the developers program? Or suddenly you are more interested on using your writing experience to take off all the merit that Jorge had?

brunoaguiar likes this.
  13. nunopinho1982
    Lollipop Jun 25, 2016

But that guy is rich. Jorge isn't we should all help him out. We'll all win. Beside Jorge birthday is arriving!

14. jansvanda
    Honeycomb Jun 25, 2016

15. scoobyjenkins
    Cupcake Jun 25, 2016

16. jgcaap

Last edited: Jun 25, 2016

crysen and jansvanda like this.
  17. nunopinho1982
    Lollipop Jun 25, 2016

jansvanda likes this.
  18. nunopinho1982
    Lollipop Jun 25, 2016

You know Jorge has been doing a great job on cleaning bugs. Recently made a camera Port with ColorOS blobs where you take great pictures

Kage likes this.
  19. Kage
    Gingerbread Jun 25, 2016

Kage , Jun 25, 2016 :
    Using his rom at OPO. The best rom ever. Believe me i am flashcoholic. Even though i am not very keen of OP3, i really wish he makes rom for OP3..cuz i know that OP software support is crap.

Good job jgcaap..happy to know your real name Jorge

crysen and jgcaap like this.
  20. Kage
    Gingerbread Jun 25, 2016

Kage , Jun 25, 2016 :
    Most of the rom u mentioned are working as a team. But he is not and still a student. So budget might be tight for him

Last edited: Jun 25, 2016