Request to get a One Plus 3

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daneoleary
    Froyo Jun 25, 2016

daneoleary , Jun 25, 2016 :
    Genuine about what? Genuine about my opinion? I don't know why a person would lie about his or her opinion. Besides, I'm not asking for free stuff based on my opinion. All I'm trying to do is explain how this comes off to many other people who, for their own valid reasons, could be considered equally deserving of a free OnePlus 3.

But do you think he's the only person who has developed OnePlus software and can't afford the new OnePlus 3? What makes him more deserving of a free OnePlus 3 than the others? If he asks for one and gets one, shouldn't the others, too? How many free phones do you think OnePlus should have to give out?

I'm not going to keep going on and on about this as it's not worth it. I expressed my opinion and how I think many others in similar situations would feel, and that's all I'd wanted to do.

I did have an idea yesterday, though. It might be a good idea for OnePlus to let OnePlus users "nominate" their favorites developers for the developer program, and then maybe hold a vote for the ones to get free phones. This way the developers with the most people interested in their software are easily able to continue creating software. If OnePlus has a set number of people to invite into the developer program, maybe they could split that number in half: invite developers of their own choosing and let people vote for the developers they would most like to see software from. Might be a nice compromise instead of asking for special treatment. This way essentially every developer has an equal chance of getting a free phone, but the phones that do get developer packages are the ones who have contributed the most. Much more democratic.

Anyway, it was just a thought.

Thecrazyskull likes this.
  2. nunopinho1982
    Lollipop Jun 25, 2016

nunopinho1982 , Jun 25, 2016 :

daneoleary and why not lie about it? It is questionable specially because you are a journalist which provides services for a cost as you also provided a review for OnePlus Two, but lets assume you are being genuine and not accusing Jorge but just politely suggesting!

Your idea is not bad. But again it is something which is costing me to swallow, how come there were developers that received free phones on OnePlus Two and I still didn't see your comment on this. In which position are you here? Should be fair to rotate the developers which we provide a developer package?

Jorge many times gave the face when there was bugs around. Bugs of CyanogenMod, and also his bugs. And many times he was the one to solve solve way before CM. And according to what you said you don't know him, so easily write in a profund and honest way the reasons why he doesn't deserve. Why should you be the judge of that?

The request was to the OnePlus company. You suddently became the manager?

Have you thought on that perhaps it is time to help when we are able to ? Think about it. You write to much, but on the wrong side.

3. techygeek
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 25, 2016

techygeek , Jun 25, 2016 :
    while he has done a lot of work, I would prefer Sultan getting a OP3 because he pushed the OPO camera to the very limit and reduced throttling by underclocking.

4. jgcaap

jgcaap , Jun 25, 2016 :
    yes its true. I also like him.

Well can
    And I really hope you get one... :) You see, I just requested a phone and tried my luck. Same as looking for a Job, you also try your luck right?

I've showed the motives and tried my best my case, and we can all discuss why some should deserve and otther don't. In your case I could argue that you don't deserve because you made cherry-picks and copied the whole rom which you say you made from scratch.

Thats no the thing here. Please understand that I've requested cause I loved to have a OP3 and to continue in the OP line of developement in new phones. OnePlus 3 when was launched I got the fever of wanting one, also I would love to use the new tech and develop for it.

If in your opinion this is spamming ? I'm expressing no lies what so ever, just a simple request. I can't understand very well why some of you make this so complicated.

If OnePLus wants to give give, if doesn't then doesn't give. I never said you don't deserve, or even atacked you. Just expressed my request and why i think I'm fit, like when we send a Curriculum for a Job interview.

Whats the problem here? Have I atacked someone ? Commited a crime? Please take a deep breath... I did this in peace of mind.

Anyway, I believe that by opening this thread I've started something. You want to know what? A new idea. Look here:
    daneoleary expressed an idea of selecting the most popular developers.
    nunopinho1982 now expressed the idea of rotating the developers package.

You can also give ideas, and express your opinion.

Remember... And I hope is the last time I remember to some readers... I made a request.... Deep breath... relax... No killing :p

Nine2Five and techygeek like this.
  5. F_William_Ellison-Mullan
    Gingerbread Jun 25, 2016

6. daneoleary
    Froyo Jun 25, 2016

daneoleary , Jun 25, 2016 :
    Since OnePlus is a very user-oriented company, it just kind of makes sense to me that the users would have a hand in choosing which developers to support. Makes sense to me. And I feel like the nomination/voting would ensure that people see more software from the people whose software they've most enjoyed.

7. techygeek

t
    you'll get it soon

8. F_William_Ellison-Mullan
    Gingerbread Jun 25, 2016

9. techygeek

if it was on invites then you probably wouldn't have had the chance to order it yet so it's not that bad

10. F_William_Ellison-Mullan
    Gingerbread Jun 25, 2016

F_William_Ellison-Mullan , Jun 25, 2016 :
    This relates to this thread how?

11. jgcaap

jgcaap , Jun 25, 2016 :
    well you brought that subject... xD Lol

12. techygeek

im just saying that it isn't outrageous

13. Thecrazyskull
    Recognized developer Recognized Developer Jun 25, 2016

Thecrazyskull , Jun 25, 2016 :
    So what? I'm not rich either, does this mean you should be donating me a OP3?

14. F_William_Ellison-Mullan
    Gingerbread Jun 25, 2016

15. F_William_Ellison-Mullan
    Gingerbread Jun 25, 2016

jgcaap likes this.
  16. jgcaap

jgcaap , Jun 25, 2016 :
    It was a simple request... :) Has nothing bad about it.

17. nunopinho1982
    Lollipop Jun 25, 2016

nunopinho1982 , Jun 25, 2016 :
    I simply cannot understand why you are so negative today. Are you afraid of something ?...

18. Thecrazyskull

A "request" using the excuse that you can't afford it.
    How many of us here can't afford an OP3?
    That doesn't directly mean we all should be creating threads and saying we deserve an OP3 because we can't afford it.
    A question for you: Did you seriously except such a big company to give you a device for free by simply requesting it?

19. SferaDev
    Paranoid Android Jun 25, 2016

SferaDev , Jun 25, 2016 :
    What the? Seems you don't know to read, please re-read my previous comment. This is what happens with you kids, you think compiling stuff already done is development and you clearly haven't understood what's behind a development team. I was not talking about custom ROM development but well seems original code contributions are now considered as cherry picking. Anyway I repeat, I was not thinking about ROMs back there and the only one attacking here is you.

Thecrazyskull likes this.
  20. Thecrazyskull

Afraid, what?
    Your argument could be used for pretty much anyone who can't afford an OP3 like me, so i simply asked you if we all could use it..