Request to get a One Plus 3

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jgcaap
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 25, 2016

jgcaap , Jun 25, 2016 :
    Seriously speaking yes I can't afford and that's why I requested. So I don't see the problem.

2. Thecrazyskull
    Recognized developer Recognized Developer Jun 25, 2016

Thecrazyskull , Jun 25, 2016 :
    Everyone can use that excuse, and if oneplus gives you the device there is no reason for them to not give someone else the device..

3. JasonMR
    Lollipop Jun 25, 2016

JasonMR , Jun 25, 2016 :
    I'd prefer to see OP give phones to devs that will work on and improve the factory software - I like using Android Pay and have no intention of rooting my phone.

4. jgcaap

jgcaap , Jun 25, 2016 :
    Kids no. I'm 28. With a degree in economics, after graduation on finance and taxes and now finishing masters in finance . Nothing special since here in Portugal I've been having a hard time for searching a Job on my area. And I didn't just compile a ROM, I've made more than that.

I can believe that problably i didn't understood what you said. As you can imagine since we are not speaking to one another personaly makes difficult to understand plainly and exactly what we are saying.

What i've tried to explain is, we can loose all energy and criticise one another (because i understood that so I appologise in case I've made a mistake).... Or we can learn from each other.

I've learned with AOSP paradox Github. I've learned with temasek github. With exodus. With CyanogenMod. And for me that was simply GREAT experience that! And check this thing this isn't even my area and manage to learn thanks to you guys. Learned about Ramdisk changes, Kernel, extracting ramdisk directly from a ROM already installed, create one where I put the kernel inside manally, later moved to the any kernel, etc etc etc. Now (again from what I've understood from your text) for me cherry-picking today, that doesnt mean I won't create something that tomorow you'll problably cherry-pick.

When I look to xda I believe that we are in this together. Thats the amazing thing of xda.

Now I understand I can be criticised for requesting a Phone. But again , it is just a simple request which you might not even agree, but i did it anyways.

So because I that you all guys can even team up and go hard on me. That is ok. But nothing will change that I would love to have a OnePlus3 and for that I've made this request.

Thanks

crysen, TheCrazyLex and Nine2Five like this.
  5. jgcaap

jgcaap , Jun 25, 2016 :
    For you is an excuse, for me is my motive for requesting a phone. Same as if you are jobless you'll look for a job.

Now I've done much more than that, and added how much I've grown into development. So that should not be even a real motive in your opinion? What do you propose?

Thanks

6. Thecrazyskull

Pretty sure i've grown as well, considering i know nothing when i started lol (think that's the case with most people nowadays), still doesn't make me eligable for a free device.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2016

jgcaap likes this.
  7. cedalone
    Jelly Bean Jun 25, 2016

cedalone , Jun 25, 2016 :
    You mean every recognized dev (or at least appreciated by the community for their work) not everyone.
    Every recognized dev in his situation should do the same.
    I'm not a dev, and if I was out of money, I would not ask for a free device because I never did something good for a phone, just nothing but using the dev work.
    I think it's OK for people like you or him or anyone who do things for OP users to request for a free phone.
    This is just my opinion.

jgcaap likes this.
  8. jgcaap

jgcaap , Jun 25, 2016 :
    exactly!

9. jgcaap

jgcaap , Jun 25, 2016 :
    so you agree :D

10. Thecrazyskull

I'm just saying that most people who are in android "development" started with (pretty much) 0 knowledge, doesn't directly make them eligable for a free device..
    So no, i don't agree with your actions.

11. jgcaap

jgcaap , Jun 25, 2016 :
    I never said I'm elegible. I've requested. What's hard to understand ?

12. cedalone
    Jelly Bean Jun 25, 2016

Did you get a free OP3? If not, wouldn't that be cool for you?

13. Thecrazyskull

Pretty sure you said in previous posts that you deserve one because people who are "worse" than you got a OP3...
    Anyway i'm done wasting my time here, final suggestion for you: Instead of wasting your time here go get a job so you can afford a $400 device...

14. kaghedo
    Jelly Bean Jun 25, 2016

kaghedo , Jun 25, 2016 :
    Why did you not apply for the OP3 Peer Review? Just wandering :rolleyes:

15. Grarak

Grarak , Jun 25, 2016 :
    Quite interesting. I'd love to see a list of these so called cherry picks.

TheCrazyLex, jgcaap and Thecrazyskull like this.
  16. jgcaap

jgcaap , Jun 25, 2016 :
    That has nothing to do with elegibility. But to equal opportunities. Don't you agree?

17. jgcaap

jgcaap , Jun 25, 2016 :
    I didn't spoke about you Grarak... And I think i've explained myself better on the next post...

18. jgcaap

jgcaap , Jun 25, 2016 :
    What is that ? xD

19. cedalone
    Jelly Bean Jun 25, 2016

Sad to read how people who spend time on hard working on the same device like you guys can be bad with each others, really. I'm glad not to be dev reading this thread....

20. SoniaB
    Nougat Senior Moderator Jun 25, 2016