Not open for further replies.
  1. jgcaap
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 25, 2016

jgcaap , Jun 25, 2016 :
    yes. :) Thanks SoniaB.

2. jgcaap

jgcaap , Jun 25, 2016 :
    Welll I have to admit is being a bit hard. Taking to many hate/love because i've requested a phone. Imagine now if I requested an Iphone!

3. daneoleary
    Froyo Jun 25, 2016

daneoleary , Jun 25, 2016 :
    This is exactly what I was saying. There are so many other people who want a OnePlus 3 who can't afford one and who could surely provide a list of reasons why they're deserving.

4. cedalone
    Jelly Bean Jun 25, 2016

cedalone , Jun 25, 2016 :
    Maybe it'll be easier, no others dev for mods rom or kernels to fight with:p But it could be boring to work only for an OS you can't modify...lol

5. jgcaap

jgcaap , Jun 25, 2016 :
    So how would you make a request? :p

6. Grarak
    Recognized developer Recognized Developer Jun 25, 2016

Grarak , Jun 25, 2016 :
    I still don't get your response to SferaDev. What I understood is that Paranoid Android is just copy of other ROMs.

Thecrazyskull likes this.
  7. gusuraman
    Global Head Moderator Jun 25, 2016

SoniaB and daneoleary like this.
  8. jgcaap

jgcaap , Jun 25, 2016 :
    No. What i tried to explain is that we use cherry-picks from each other which is normal. The thing is I felt atacked, and tried to defend myself with an example that we can freelly criticise each other or help one another. Was I able to explain ?

9. daneoleary
    Froyo Jun 25, 2016

Should we all start making threads and sending OnePlus customer service emails explaining how each of us are deserving of free devices? I'm certain none of us would be asking Apple or Samsung or HTC to send us free devices. It really has nothing to do with whether or not a person can afford it. Put all the specifics aside and it's a question of principle. Again, I'm not trying to be negative or insult anybody, but I personally find it a bit insulting for a number of reasons.

10. jgcaap

11. daneoleary
    Froyo Jun 25, 2016

12. kaghedo
    Jelly Bean Jun 25, 2016

13. jgcaap

jgcaap , Jun 25, 2016 :
    Of course! Why not? Don't you like to make people happy ? xD

14. jgcaap

15. jgcaap

16. kaghedo
    Jelly Bean Jun 25, 2016

kaghedo , Jun 25, 2016 :
    Of course you can see the vote results,this contest finished a while ago i mean this was your opportunity to get a free OP3 to be honest :p

17. daneoleary
    Froyo Jun 25, 2016

Oh my goodness... I feel like I've stepped into a time machine and it's 10 years ago and I'm trying to explain to my kid brother why he doesn't get presents on everyone else's birthdays, too.

18. gusuraman
    Global Head Moderator Jun 25, 2016

gusuraman , Jun 25, 2016 :
    Because I don't think this is the way.
    No one has promised you a phone if you work hard. So if you did it was without expecting anything in return.
    Making this request make many people question the reason you developed for the OPO in first place.

I'm not saying you don't deserve it (but also not that you do). It's just that doing this publicly and underlining that you request because you can't afford it inevitably raise some question.

If you deserve it it's surely not because you don't have the money to buy it, but for what you could prove to be capable of (regardless of the time spent for it)

19. daneoleary
    Froyo Jun 25, 2016

+100

20. jgcaap

jgcaap , Jun 25, 2016 :
    But why you still press the button that because I've worked hard I demand a Phone.

Please !!!!! One last time i'm going to try explain. I don't believe it is that hard to understand xD

I've contacted OnePlus about the developer program as I wanted to know how it worked. Got no reply for three months. I've message them again. And go not reply. So basically I've opened a post wher I've requested a phone and given up reasons to be considered. I don't think that is the same as demanding for god sake!

xD I know we are all from different cultures, but asking is not demanding is asking, at least on my diccionary, english classes from the Cambridge program.

I'm begining to think that maybe you guys don't like OnePlus 3 that much.