Request to get a One Plus 3

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nunopinho1982
    Lollipop Jun 25, 2016

nunopinho1982 , Jun 25, 2016 :

Jorge maybe ask and demand for them is the same thing... Which is strange... But acceptable... Guys which word would you use alternativly to ask in a very very very very polite way where the intention is not demanding but asking !

2. F_William_Ellison-Mullan
    Gingerbread Jun 25, 2016

F_William_Ellison-Mullan , Jun 25, 2016 :

3. gusuraman
    Community Veteran Jun 25, 2016

gusuraman , Jun 25, 2016 :
    The thread title says "Request" which is more close to "demand" than to "ask";). But the word used is not so important (especially on this international forum).

My point is that when giving you (or to anyone else) a phone is not planned, asking for it will most likely not work and will put you under a bad light for someone. And eventually loosing future support.

Direct requests are rarely the best way to ask;)

Thecrazyskull likes this.
  4. F_William_Ellison-Mullan
    Gingerbread Jun 25, 2016

JasonMR likes this.
  5. SoniaB
    Nougat Senior Moderator Jun 25, 2016

SoniaB , Jun 25, 2016 :
    Well if I were you, I would wait for Adam's reply to you.
    Just my personal opinion here. Not as a moderator, but just as a viewer of your thread.

I personally feel that opening a thread to push your agenda on OnePlus to give you an OP3 is wrong.

On one hand you say you say you want to work with OnePlus and do dev for the OP3, but on the other hand you seem quite sour about the work that you have done on the OPO going unrecognised by OnePlus.

Surely the positive comments from users that have used your ROM and love it is recognition enough?
    As many have said allow people to donate to you via your profile on XDA, github or start a gofundme page. Those that support you, will back you with donations.
    Expecting OnePlus to give you a device just because you do dev work is wrong IMO.
    Like I said already, not every known dev has the "recognized developer" badge and not every recognized developer got a free OP3 from OnePlus.

The work you have done is not any more or any less important/valid than that of any other developer.

daneoleary and Thecrazyskull like this.
  6. jgcaap
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 25, 2016

jgcaap , Jun 25, 2016 :
    Well depends on the perespective. Can be also a good thing. Someone which at least has the courage of asking/requesting , which problably is someone Open minded and speaks what it thinks when it is sad with the company.

Loosing support, is true if people do not like you and don't know you.

And here is the thing, I'm a person that speaks up even when I know I have no chance.

You have different people in life. If this is a mistake please show me why. If I ran a company with a request of a user, I would evaluate and reply with an yes or a no.

When I apply for a job I also receive replies with a yes or a no.

And here is the thing. I prefer to be taken down believing on what I believe is right.

I made a simple request, and some do not agree (10), but from what i see at least 53 people agree.

Since we are in democracy we are openly speaking and sharing the thoughts we have about it.

And you have the right to disagree... As I have the right also.

7. jgcaap

jgcaap , Jun 25, 2016 :
    After you wait for 3 months on a reply from a company about what is the developers program criteria how would you feel?

Perhaps this is a statement that something must change in the company which is indeed wrong, which is the way things are done.

If i had a reply and I wasn't ignore, you can be sure that what I would have done was to wait. :)

You can think perhaps I did wrong, or perhaps I'm fighting for something over here to change. What is your view into this?

8. jgcaap

jgcaap , Jun 25, 2016 :
    Why ? Game of thrones is coming tomorow be patient... Let the thread live!

cedalone likes this.
  9. JasonMR
    Lollipop Jun 25, 2016

JasonMR , Jun 25, 2016 :
    To be fair the thread probably should be closed now, all the points that could be made have already been made.

I stand by my earlier comment - if you are really that good with ROMs then it would make more sense for you to contribute to the official ROM

10. SoniaB
    Nougat Senior Moderator Jun 25, 2016

SoniaB , Jun 25, 2016 :
    But you opened the thread "requesting" an OP3 for free. Though you mention the lack of reply to your request to apply for the dev programme, the main premise of your thread is to be given an OP3 for free by OnePlus, right?

You have been on this forum since 2014. You know how PM works. Did you, at any point when you had not received a reply regarding the developer programme, contact via PM any member of OnePlus staff on the forum?

Based in your reply to me, I am curious as to what is the purpose of your thread now? To get a free OP3 or to know if the process to apply to join the developer programme?

If the former, I honestly do not see that happening. If the latter, then you have already done what is required and contacted Adam Krisko.

daneoleary likes this.
  11. daneoleary
    Froyo Jun 25, 2016

daneoleary , Jun 25, 2016 :
    I very much agree with this and said as much over the course of my posts, though somewhat less tactfully. Perhaps they didn't respond to your initial email because I'm sure they get bombarded with emails saying "Let me be a beta tester" and "Please let me have a free phone and I promise I'll develop software for it". I'm sure this was 100 times worse when we still had the invite-based purchasing system, but I wouldn't imagine it's stopped without it. As a small company, it's doubtless hard enough to keep up with legitimate customer service issues. As we've seen, there are still many people who have actually paid for OnePlus 3 handsets and have still not received them. I would imagine those people and anyone having technical issues would get priority.

At the end of the day, most people would probably agree that responding to requests for free handsets and requests to join beta-testing and developer programs are pretty low in priority. If I were OnePlus, I would think it would be unnecessary to have to email all those people individually and explain to them that the review units and developer packages have already been sent out. Sometimes silence is the most telling answer of all.

Thecrazyskull, gusuraman and SoniaB like this.
  12. aaron.hossain75
    Lollipop Jun 25, 2016

aaron.hossain75 , Jun 25, 2016 :
    Yeah I agree he should contact the team to see if they can do anything about it , thrres nothing he's gonna get if he keeps explaining what's he gonna do.

SoniaB likes this.
  13. hahaha2223
    Jelly Bean Jun 25, 2016

hahaha2223 , Jun 25, 2016 :
    well how generous of you to make a rom that 300 people download, amazing!.
    go beg somewhere else, the phone is 400$ and if you cant afford that maybe you should turn some of those development hours into a job

WizeGuyDezignz and Thecrazyskull like this.
  14. daneoleary
    Froyo Jun 25, 2016

daneoleary , Jun 25, 2016 :
    Ouch.

aaron.hossain75 and JasonMR like this.
  15. cedalone
    Jelly Bean Jun 25, 2016

cedalone , Jun 25, 2016 :
    I could understood a bad reaction from OP, from an other dev too even if it makes me sad, but from users or mods, i don't ....maybe it's culture.

16. jgcaap

jgcaap , Jun 25, 2016 :
    I'll try reply the best respectble way and try show my view.

We live in 21st century where we use emails and support tickets. I've sent two emails and have a support ticket opened for 3 months spamming my inbox. Imagine now that oneplus had already settled this, I would problably had bought a phone since I have some users which would love to help me buy it. Instead... Those two emails were ignored and passed on.

I can live with I don't have enought skills, or not interested or something else. What I cannot live is a human life being ignored.

I am one person on my thread and I reply to every single user. Sometimes I miss because I have to study . But I asked them, please bump in case I forget someone. And I reply after I see it.

OnePlus problably look to me as a bug which would go away.

And here I am speaking up for all the people which are ignored by a company to have a reply with an yes or a no.

Instead I have all the staff team, developers, and many users checking the thread and relearning english with a word i never used, which is demand. You see in your english I demanded, but In my english I requested/asked. Now that I've cleared that ages ago, why the hell are you guys insisting for almost 5 pages that I demanded? Its just something I cannot understand in a Company.

Want to prove something to the other users? Well here is the thing I don't give up on my ideals . And I am waitting a reply yes or no answer. Simple.

17. jgcaap

jgcaap , Jun 25, 2016 :
    Maybe thats something I should start doing true. But how?

18. gusuraman
    Community Veteran Jun 25, 2016

gusuraman , Jun 25, 2016 :
    I'm not having a bad reaction, i earn or loose nothing from him (or anyone) getting a phone.
    I was just trying to explain him why in my opinion this thread is not a good idea and will probably sort the opposite effect

SoniaB likes this.
  19. jgcaap

jgcaap , Jun 25, 2016 :
    Alright this one now uses a new word... Begging... I requested/asked. Very different!

20. jgcaap

jgcaap , Jun 25, 2016 :
    not really... If he readed anything he would understand that I have no means to start. :)