Research says 8T camera better than iPhone 12 pro via OnePlus 8 Pro Onyx Black

1. AndyRM
    Gingerbread Dec 9, 2020

2. trimmer
    Froyo Dec 9, 2020

trimmer , Dec 9, 2020 :
    Do not trust this review. I can tell you that 8t camera picture quality is nowhere near nearly 3 years old Huawei P20. If you looking for reasonable pictures quality, do not expect that from 8t and price what they ask for it. Im going get rid of it. And it's not only about camera. All other issues also with this phone like Bluetooth disconnection, double message sounds for incoming message or mail, wifi dropping even when other phones don't, battery drainage over night and few more issues. So better keep off from it and spend money somewhere else. Good luck

3. sfomin
    Nougat Dec 9, 2020

4. Does!Compute
    KitKat Dec 9, 2020

Does!Compute , Dec 9, 2020 :
    Have been using the 8 Pro for 6 months now. Definitely love the camera. Takes a little bit of effort sometimes to get amazing photos, but definitely worth it.
    The thing about blind camera comparisons, as the maker of the video you're talking about, @meatandy, mentioned, is that it sometimes depends on the platform and how it changes the images. Instagram tends to reduce the contrast a little, while twitter bumps up the saturation.
    The iPhone 12 has a great camera, but it's photos are a little to cool during the day, and a little too warm at night, atleast for my liking. And the dynamic range isn't the best either. My OnePlus 8 Pro is more inconsistent in terms of white balance but I get excellent dynamic range, and more often than not, the white balance is pretty close to reality. And whenever I need that extra bit of detail, the 48 mp mode always comes to my rescue.
    To sum it up, you've got to learn the intricacies of the camera to make the most out of it.
    Hope you are able to click some great photos with your 8 Pro.
    Cheers :)

meatandy, drl431 and AndyRM like this.
  5. Freund
    Donut Dec 10, 2020

Freund , via OnePlus 8T , Dec 10, 2020 :
    Unfortunately, I also have to say that the camera is really bad. i had a mi9, mi9t Pro and an S10 lite all phones use an sony imx586 and the camera quality of the Mi 9t pro is simply amazing in daylight and it only cost 315 € in the sale at the time.
    The aperture width is well selected at 1.7 and should at least deliver the same image quality as the other smartphones mentioned. said.
    And now comes the important thing:
    The camera cannot be to blame for the bad picture.
    The software's editing process is to blame!
    It's ridiculous to throw a smartphone in the price range on the market and then to argue for the bad pictures that it has only just appeared.
    From a purely technical point of view, the image quality has to be at least as good as that of the s10 lite.
    We can only hope that OnePlus gets that under control.
    -The focus doesn't work well
    -The white balance is still not good
    -A problem with the Sharpness and depth of field
    -16:9 Picture mode is missing
    -Unfortunately, the pictures only look good at first moment, as soon as you zoom in a little bit in the gallery, the picture immediately loses its sharpness and. Details.
    -1080P 60FPS Recording zooms in way too blatantly.
    -no macro light
    -front camera is also very poorly optimized
    very sad for this price two friends gave the device back immediately but I will keep it. if OnePlus does not manage to get the quality of the smartphones mentioned, it was my first and last oneplus

Last edited: Dec 10, 2020

G_Matthew_Waugh_IsQN and trimmer like this.
  6. Navdeep_Malik
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus TV U1S Dec 13, 2020