[RESOLVED]Another DHL nightmare thread

1. jonathanlyng
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 24, 2018

jonathanlyng , Jan 24, 2018 :
    as long as there isn't a "DEPARTED from Copenhagen" line, it still is in Copenhagen. I think you contacted them at the very right moment.

2. jonathanlyng
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 24, 2018

jonathanlyng , Jan 24, 2018 :
    sorry forgot about the 9th update.

3. ichinisan
    Honeycomb Jan 24, 2018

ichinisan , Jan 24, 2018 :

TakeTori

Do you have the phone? If they find the package is lost, do you think it's worth it to ask OnePlus to send me one more? I really, really, really, really want this phone, maybe even more than I would want a Pixel 2, which I can't even afford, but I have lost a lot of faith in their choice of carrier and I don't feel confident that they are actually capable of delivering a device to me. I have never, ever, in my entire life, had a package I've ordered get lost in the process, and with my first time with DHl, they lose it

I'm considering canceling this order and buying a Pixel 1 from within my country, but I don't know if it's worth it.

Also, what do you mean with "log a support call" ? OnePlus doesn't have a phone service as far as I'm aware.​

if you shipped your phone with DHL it should be insured. they should at least cover the additional costs. I would say call them and make a claim for damages.

edit: usually DHL has good service

4. Y1514456765166
    Donut Jan 24, 2018

Y1514456765166 , Jan 24, 2018 :
    What a nightmare.

You could order a new one, then return the first one when it arrives (there policy is to issue a full refund including shipping).

Good luck, but at least it's all insured.

5. TakeTori
    Froyo Jan 24, 2018

TakeTori , Jan 24, 2018 :
    I just chatted with a OnePlus support staff, and they assured me that my phone is on its way FROM Mali TO Denmark after being accidentally shipped to Africa. I will have to check in with DHL tomorrow, who is closed now. I also got a support ticket and logged the chat.

Probably won't do that. What if it happens with the second parcel too? I'll wait and see what happens.
    My first experience with them tells me otherwise.

SoniaB likes this.
  6. ichinisan
    Honeycomb Jan 24, 2018

ichinisan , Jan 24, 2018 :
    that sucks mate. they should cover the expenses.

7. felipemendes
    Jelly Bean Jan 24, 2018

felipemendes , Jan 24, 2018 :
    I'm also sorry to hear that, but I'm with @Y1514456765166 (why people don't pick a human-like name?!). You may even consider requesting a refund of the shipment cost if you had paid for an express shipment when you receive the first phone, but I wouldn't be too hopeful. You can wait for the first phone, return it and order a new one, but that would just stretch your waiting even more.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2018

8. TakeTori
    Froyo Jan 24, 2018

Haha, yeah I'm certainly not going to do that. IF it actually gets here I'm going to use it. Unless it's been damaged in the process.

9. SoniaB
    Nougat Head Moderator Jan 24, 2018

SoniaB , Jan 24, 2018 :
    Thanks for the PM. I will chase this with CS anyway. Just in case it's a load of codswallop that DHL have said
    It went to Denmark to then go to Africa to then be making its way back to Denmark. Lol.

Edit: I would suggest also that if they make delivery, thoroughly inspect the package before signing for it.
    Make sure it does not look like it's been tampered with.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2018

kunal.h222 and idkwhoiam322 like this.
  10. TakeTori
    Froyo Jan 24, 2018

You're a hero :) Yeees, it's super suspicious!! And I'm honestly a little worried and very disappointed. Unfortunately the DHL guys are probably just going to dump the package in a supermarket nearby and send me a code and skip going to my house. That seems to be the norm in Denmark these days, unless the parcel fits in the mailbox. I hope they ring the bell so at least I get a chance to return it if it's been so damaged that it doesn't resemble a parcel anymore.

11. idkwhoiam322
    Nougat Jan 24, 2018

idkwhoiam322 , Jan 24, 2018 :
    Remember to take pictures of the entire package , from opening the parcel to the phone itself.

izzykasha and kunal.h222 like this.
  12. TakeTori
    Froyo Jan 24, 2018

Absolutely. I will post them here.

idkwhoiam322 likes this.
  13. Extase87
    Eclair Jan 24, 2018

Extase87 , Jan 24, 2018 :
    Sorry to hear about your bad experience with DHL.

In case they don't deliver it to your place and you can't check the content immediately, think about recording your unboxing at home.

At least with recording your unboxing you'll have a proof if the worst happens.

Normally you should feel the weight of the box and know if there's a phone inside.

Fingers crossed for you that all ends fine. Keep us updated.

14. allisterr
    Honeycomb Jan 25, 2018

allisterr , Jan 25, 2018 :
    +1, agree. record the unboxing, make a video.

Worst case scenario is you'll have a nice YouTube video and oneplus customer service will surely be quicker to remedy all your troubles.

15. TakeTori
    Froyo Jan 25, 2018

TakeTori , Jan 25, 2018 :
    It is now Thursday 25th of January 8:35 Danish time, and the tracker hasn't updated since 22:00 last night, leading me to assume that the phone is one a plane somewhere on it's way here. Obviously it disappointed me to wake up to nothing this morning, so I called DHL to ask them if they have any more information they can give me, and they don't.

I asked the guy on the phone why he thinks my phone ended up in Africa. "Oh, yeah" he giggles, "human error". I explained to him how disappointed I am and what a ridiculous mistake that is to make, and he gave me an e-mail address to where I can send a formal complaint. When I asked him when he thinks the package will arrive in Denmark he said "tomorrow", and I said "tomorrow?!" and hung up the phone.

I googled how many hours it takes to go from Bamako, Mali to Copenhagen and found that it can take anywhere from 7 to 13 hours. Assuming that the phone departed between 22:00 and 00:00 last night the phone will be way more than half the way here, but I have no way of telling exactly when it departed. I am going to attach a picture of the trajectory at which it traveled from Copenhagen to Mali in the OP and you can see that it travelled directly. It's hard for me to imagine that it would take an additional 16 hours before it even lands in my country.

Also, I have an update on the matter of getting a refund for the shipping. I got this email from a customer support staff:

"
    We have already received a feedback from our team and I hate to bare such bad news that we won't be able to provide you a refund of your shipping. This is because priority shipping will take 1-3 business days.

And since your packaged is still withing the time frame of the priority shipping, we will be humbly asking you to wait until Friday.

In case you haven't received the packaged yet on that day, please do contact us back immediately via chat."

I ordered the phone Monday morning at around 3 am (was up late), and it was shipped later that morning, meaning the phone has been in transit for at least a full 3 days without arriving, and that means they owe me that refund, so of course I replied with this.

16. TakeTori
    Froyo Jan 25, 2018

TakeTori , Jan 25, 2018 :
    The package has just arrived in ... Belgium. I think I'm about to lose my shit. I hope they process that motherfu cker asap and get it out the door so I'll have it tomorrow.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2018

niklas389 likes this.
  17. TakeTori
    Froyo Jan 26, 2018

TakeTori , Jan 26, 2018 :
    HUGE NEWS UPDATE: The package has arrived in Denmark and will reportedly be delivered to me today "by the end of the day". I was pleasantly surprised when I woke up this morning and checked on my old *** Nexus 5 to see this message. According to the SMS I got, though, they're not going to deliver it directly to my house but to a ServicePoint I have chosen. I thought that they would first make an attempt at delivering it to my house and, in the case of my absence, deliver it at the ServicePoint, but as I pointed out earlier, if you choose ServicePoint instead of "yes you can leave it on the doorstep if I'm not home" they usually just go straight there, saves them time I guess. So that means I have to get out the door sometime today (the horror lol). I'll make sure to shoot some photos of the action and maybe even some video, but I only have a shitty laptop camera for vlogging so quality is not good.

Also, OnePlus refuses to refund the cost of priority shipping despite the fact that it has taken almost 5 days to get the package to Denmark. Here are a few excerpts of my e-mail correspondence with OnePlus:

"As we have checked, your order was complete on January 23, 2018 and the estimated delivery is also on January 23, 2018.

And since priority shipping would take 1-3 business days, the packaged is still within the time frame and that's the reason why we won't be able to process a refund however, in the event that you still haven't gotten the packaged within the the day, please do contact us back so that we can endorse your case to the appropriate team who can further assist you on this."

This is not true. I purchased the phone from their website on the 22nd. Before this they also said, "please wait till Friday, and if the phone isn't there by Friday, we'll talk again". It looks like it's gonna be here today, so I highly doubt I'll se that money.

"Please know that the information that we have provided is based on the tracking details that is found in our system.

Also, please do understand that one the parcel has been pushed out by our warehouse, it is already the courier's responsibility and we do not have hold onto that."

So basically, a typical bureaucratic answer: It's not our responsibility any longer.

Any advice on how to proceed with the negotiations for a refund on the shipping fee would be highly appreciated. I feel like constantly responding to the same person demanding the refund is a waste of time.

18. TakeTori
    Froyo Jan 26, 2018

Stickied Post
    TakeTori , Jan 26, 2018 :
    So, I finally got the phone, and it's great. I really like it. Everything seems to be in order, the phone wasn't missing or anything, and the package didn't look like it had been opened or tampered with, though it did look a little dirty. I even got my money back for the shipping, which was a huge surprise to me actually, so I'm really happy about that!

So, my final words: Thank you to everyone who commented, helped me, showed sympathy and generally just agreed with the fact that this whole situation has been completely ridiculous. For anyone considering buying a OnePlus 5T through the official website, I hope you see my thread, because you need to go in with "realistic" expectations of how your parcel will be treated by DHL lol. If you ask me it might even be easier to just buy it through your telephone company or some other retailer, unless you just really want the phone for the cheapest price possible. Even so, unless you absolutely MUST have tracking (and tracking is a good thing in case messed up things like this should happen) then go ahead and buy priority shipping, but don't expect it to necessarily show up within the 1-3 days promised, and don't be afraid to complain and claim your money back if it doesn't. I expect the package will show up on time in most cases, but I was very unlucky, and apparently I'm not the only one.

I recorded an unboxing of the package and I'll probably put it up on YouTube and post it here soon.

SoniaB, geo_xar and Extase87 like this.
  19. Extase87
    Eclair Jan 26, 2018

Extase87 , Jan 26, 2018 :
    Glad to hear that it finally arrive.

I hope you enjoy your new phone. Don't hesitate to keep us updated on your feedback.

Oreo is in beta phase so be patient ;) But you can try the beta if you want.

I invite you to check the pinned threads in forum before posting new future threads.

Have fun.

20. maharzan
    Froyo Jan 26, 2018

maharzan , Jan 26, 2018 :
    Wow, sounds pretty bad. But glad you got the package. The place where I live, you never know if you get mails. They just vanish in thin air, especially with big packages. Even if it comes theough by any chance, you gotta bribe them to get anything.