[Results are out!] It's time to show off what we got.

1. Ruby G. NA Community Manager Staff Member Mar 19, 2018

Ruby G., Mar 19, 2018 :
    UGC_Forum.png

[Round 3 has started! After you've read this thread to see how things went the first time around, head over to the latest thread for updates on winners etc..]

Ok, not to brag or anything. But we have some pretty cool people in the OnePlus community, who know a ton about tech development, mobile gaming etc. These forums are teeming with unshared knowledge. The problem is that there aren't a ton of opportunities for people to share about their niche or passion. It takes a fair amount of guts to put yourself out there and create a new thread because you don't know if people will find your interests interesting or even notice what you shared. When I joined the OnePlus community team, this was one of the first things @David Y. talked to me about – how to create more opportunities for people to connect and share about their interests.

We're excited to announce a new series to the forums. Each day for the rest of this week, we'll be releasing a few new pinned topics on the sub forums - marked with [Let's Talk] in the title. Find these, and if the topic question catches your interest, reply to that thread with a post. If your response is lengthy (over 500 words), feel free to copy & paste the question into a new thread (+ tag me so I notice).

All responses that are 300 – 1000 words long will be automatically entered in the running for rewards. Based on likes received and internal staff voting, we'll reward you with raffle points and push you through the levels of the following reward system (effective today):
    • Level 1: We message you thanks and send you 100 raffle points.
    • Level 2: We feature you in our monthly newsletter and weekly update (Bonus: One accessory of your choice + the option to add an Avatar sticker)
    • Level 3: Your post is added to our Medium with full credits and publicized on our social media channels (Bonus: Profile trophy + a swag bag of goodies)
    • Level 4: Added to the Hall of Fame (Bonus: Early device access through The Lab)
    We hope these new forum opportunities will not only reward those who are helping make the Forums a better place, but help our users bounce ideas off of each other (the beauty of synthesis!) and develop deeper relationships with people of like interests. What do you think of this program? Let us know if there are any topics you'd like to write about personally. We're eager to hear your thoughts.

Never Settle.

2. Ruby G. NA Community Manager Staff Member Mar 19, 2018

Ruby G., Mar 19, 2018 :
    3/19 Update: The first four [Let's Talk] threads have been posted in the subforms! Happy searching (or for those of you who like shortcuts, looking at my recent posts history :p)

3/20 Update: Released one more [Let's Talk] thread! I was originally planning to release a few each night, but I have been advised to slow down. Less spinning teacups fun and more Ferris Wheel paced, so that everyone can take their time to think and write. :cool:

3/21 Update: Fiends and budding prodigies of mobile photography, tonight's [Let's Talk] thread release was for you :) For those of you wondering, yes I have been reading every post! Lots of talented writers in our community~

3/22 Update: The last [Let's Talk] thread for this round has been released! Go get'em. Friday will be the last day to vote. We'll announce the winners advancing to Levels 1 and 2 on Monday. :D

3/26 Update: You guys seriously blew us away with your posts last week – the personality in your sentences, the depth of your points, and passion for your topic were awesome. From Portugal to India, from Chicago to Malaysia, you all shared generously with each other and have left quite a few gems for future generations of community to read. I'm so happy for those who became closer friends in the process of spirited competition as well.

As all are eager to hear, here are our Level 1 winners:

@antidanis @Ash645
    @Baymax @BobbyVK
    @Cheetosdust
    @dcmcc24 @Dresa91 @dsmonteiro
    @FlixbusLennart
    @G_Manish_Raut_yVzw
    @idkwhoiam322
    @NeVeR_SeTTLe
    @Praty_28 @Punk_69
    @RogerF81
    @script @Shivang Joshi @Sridhar Ananthanarayanan @SyberianXGamerz
    @The1Lion @theshinybeast

And who from these will advance to Level 2, getting their winning pieces featured in our April newsletter and weekly update? Please warmly congratulate:

@Baymax
    @Cheetosdust
    @dsmonteiro
    @NeVeR_SeTTLe
    @RogerF81
    @script @Sridhar Ananthanarayanan
    @theshinybeast

Thank you to all who participated! We'll contact all winners regarding prizes this week, and finish selecting those who will advance to Level 3. How can you know who advanced to Level 3? They'll be featured in our Medium account and social media in the coming weeks

The response for the activity was quite energetic, so we're considering another round in the future. How soon™? Let us know your opinion :cool:

Last edited: Mar 26, 2018

3. Cheetosdust Starting Point Expert Mar 19, 2018

Cheetosdust, Mar 19, 2018 :
    Ohhhhhhhh @Ruby G. exciting times!

It seems like a good idea, can't wait to check what the community can come up with. :)

Fun times ahead but maybe lose the "likes" part. :p

yoryisn, pikota, gaster and 22 others like this.
  4. idkwhoiam322 Marshmallow Mar 19, 2018

idkwhoiam322, Mar 19, 2018 :
    @Ruby G. A very interesting idea! Will look forward to this :D
    Here's to hoping there will be a topic I'll know something about XD
    Good luck everyone! Always remember to have fun ;)
    @Crystal Z. A special thanks to you too and everyone else for the interesting ways of giving away raffle points ;)

gaster, Mjo, Pradeep@1+ and 10 others like this.
  5. dsmonteiro Community Consultant Community Expert Mar 19, 2018

dsmonteiro, Mar 19, 2018 :
    Hey @Ruby G.!

Sounds like a wonderful idea to get people participating in a more meaningful way. Can't wait to see what comes out of this!

gaster, dhames, Mjo and 15 others like this.
  6. pablofg1978 Spanish POC Assistant Head Moderator Mar 19, 2018

Mjo, superplus, otto2 and 9 others like this.
  7. MentalDraco Lollipop Mar 19, 2018

Mjo, superplus, Gaston NP and 5 others like this.
  8. Punk_69 Lollipop Mar 19, 2018

Punk_69, Mar 19, 2018 :
    That's awesome @Ruby G.

Thanks for this series, will be taking part in the interesting topics for sure!!!!
    Especially those related to mobile photography and mobile gaming ;)
    Cheers

Edit :- i have a topic, but not related to tech (to an extent) - sketching

And another topic - photo editing, as i think it needs talent to edit pictures too (clicking pictures already needs some skills)

What say @Ruby G. @Crystal Z.

woSch, Mjo, Pradeep@1+ and 8 others like this.
  9. Gaston NP KitKat Moderator Mar 19, 2018

Mjo, Ruby G., script and 3 others like this.
  10. Moin2200 KitKat Mar 19, 2018

yoryisn, Gaston NP, Ruby G. and 3 others like this.
  11. NeVeR_SeTTLe The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Mar 19, 2018

NeVeR_SeTTLe, Mar 19, 2018 :
    Woooooooooohooooooooooooooo! I second this notion!!! :) An excellent idea! Finally, some serious stuff ;)
    Now if only I won't forget to tag @Ruby G.

edtheduck, Shivang Joshi, Mjo and 7 others like this.
  12. FlixbusLennart The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Mar 19, 2018

Gaston NP and Ruby G. like this.
  13. BobbyV8_ The Showcase Reviewer Mar 19, 2018

14. Crystal Z. Community team. Ex-bug hunter. Staff Member Mar 19, 2018

15. Ceasedd Marshmallow Mar 19, 2018

Ceasedd, Mar 19, 2018 :
    giphy.gif

pa5t1s, Mjo, Hydra Bob and 5 others like this.
  16. Crystal Z. Community team. Ex-bug hunter. Staff Member Mar 19, 2018

Crystal Z., Mar 19, 2018 :
    :p photo editing, please. Currently I am trying to learn to use PhotoShop:oops:

script, akshayr723, Mjo and 7 others like this.
  17. NeVeR_SeTTLe The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Mar 19, 2018

NeVeR_SeTTLe, Mar 19, 2018 :
    Did you also try Adobe Lightroom?? :)

Mjo likes this.
  18. Punk_69 Lollipop Mar 19, 2018

woSch, Mjo and G_plusone like this.
  19. pinto123 Honeycomb Mar 19, 2018

pinto123, Mar 19, 2018 :
    Wow... This is the reason oneplus has fans like all of us out here... A super like...

Ruby G. and NeVeR_SeTTLe like this.
  20. NeVeR_SeTTLe The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Mar 19, 2018

Mjo likes this.